Does it make you happy when certain consoles sell poorly?

#71niels200683Posted 2/19/2014 8:21:42 AM
Only if American devices fail in the face of Japanes superiority...

However - once a tried-and-true european company releases a serious competitor in the home console market... all other devices will be doomed... DOOMED I TELL YA!

Europe 4 life!
---
Doris Lessing:
There's no fool like an intellectual - a kind of clever stupidity bred out of a line of logic in the head, nothing to do with experience.
#72Oni_TaedoPosted 2/19/2014 8:26:12 AM
Jumalacca posted...
Yes. I followed Nintendo right from the original NES, was a super fanboy and doesn't my entire life fawning over their games and consoles. To this day the gamecube is still my all-time favourite console. Then Nintendo got arrogant.

Firstly, Twilight Princess was the biggest slap in the face for me as a hardcore Zelda fan.

Yes, the slapped you in the face... by making the best Zelda game ever made.

How?

It makes OoT look like dookie (which is odd, considering OoT isn't all that good. It wasn't even good when it came out).

The only Zelda that comes close to TP's greatness, is Wind Waker.

You loved the Gamecube, but the Wii was factually a better console, due to it getting better first party games.
---
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheVGViking
#73scoobydoobydontPosted 2/19/2014 9:00:06 AM
Oni_Taedo posted...
Anyone who says yes, is either incredibly petty, or stupid.

Most likely the latter.

Isn't someone who's petty kind of stupid in their own way? ;) I agree with you though. Anyone who votes yes should be ashamed regardless of the weak, ass pull justification for it. Not naming any names.
---
''ALL games should at least have single player. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will.'' -aszsith
#74MagusarPosted 2/19/2014 9:00:20 AM
Even thought I don't support microsoft, I'd never be happy if it sold poorly, because of it's loyal fans that deserve better. too bad most fanboys don't get it.
---
PSN: blazingdragon203
Pawn Name: Hyuna
#75She-HolcPosted 2/19/2014 9:25:04 AM
nope but it angers fanboys when a console sells poorly.
#76Jason_HudsonPosted 2/19/2014 10:30:31 AM
Yes. Poor sales should hopefully be a wake up call to the company and push them to release their next console with what the consumer wants. The Wii sold well, so Nintendo put out the Wii U, a console that was 6 years behind its competitors and in doing so have further alienated third party developers. They got sloppy with their first party support too.

I want Nintendo to do ultimately well and to bring out a console that revolutionises the console industry. I'm not talking cheap gimmicks, I'm talking raw power, combined with outstanding first party titles, with an easy to develop for architecture, and the best controller on the market. Combine that with backwards compatibility and a strong virtual console library (made stronger with an account system that carries over purchases between Nintendo devices, where available) and Nintendo will dominate the industry. However, it seems learning the hard way is the only way Nintendo will learn.
---
PC is the only place to play games at their true potential
1080p/60fps standard, upgradable, mods, FOV sliders, ultra graphics - it's backwards compatible too
#77coolguy_23Posted 2/19/2014 11:15:21 AM
Yes Microsoft is trash, bring back Sega please.
---
"Want Soul Calibur II HD for Wii U? Beg for it" -Namco.
#78MrBigFeathersPosted 2/19/2014 12:26:47 PM
There are exclusive franchises that I love on all 3 consoles. So I want them all to succeed.

Legend of Zelda
Smash Bros.
Mario Kart
Pikmin
Metroid
Halo
Forza
Alan Wake
Uncharted
Last of Us
MLB: The Show
God of War

I could go on and on. I never understood why people would want a certain console to fail. There are amazing games from all 3 companies that you can only get on their system.
#79Vaoris_KlawPosted 2/19/2014 12:41:17 PM
No, but I do like it when the console I enjoy sells well. And when certain consoles sell well they are compared to other consoles, setting the bar for what sells "poorly" and what sells "well". So... maybe?
---
Umbasa
www.youtube.com/profile?user=Vaoris
#80ssjgohhkuPosted 2/20/2014 4:42:49 AM
There are exclusive franchises that I hate on all 3 consoles. So I want them all to fail.