The third party situation is a wierd situation

#1MushroomMuncherPosted 2/18/2014 10:25:20 PM(edited)
*Third Party announces multiplat game for Wii U*
*Fans get excited about game*
*Third Party announces Wii U version has cut content to compensate for low install base (Or some other s*** like a delay)*
*Out of spite, fans/consumers refuse to buy the game*
*Game sells horribly*
*Third party no longer supports Wii U*
*Rinse and repeat*

This has happened with most of the multiplats for Wii U. There are rarer cases like with TTT2 where the consumers were being lazy, but nonetheless, someone needs to make a cycle out of this.
---
I think bankruptcy might even be good for Sony.~ChA0TiCoNe
#2DiscostewSMPosted 2/18/2014 10:23:38 PM
People try to insinuate the chicken/egg scenario, but we have clear indications of 3rd-parties making the move first towards 3rd-party decline on the Wii U, almost like it was planned.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#3TomoEK9Posted 2/18/2014 10:24:58 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
People try to insinuate the chicken/egg scenario, but we have clear indications of 3rd-parties making the move first towards 3rd-party decline on the Wii U, almost like it was planned.

The problems started on the Wii and merely carried over to the Wii U
#4GDoobahPosted 2/18/2014 10:25:10 PM
You spelled weird wrong.
---
NNID & PSN : GDoobah
http://i.imgur.com/DzyHcJF.jpg
#5MushroomMuncher(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2014 10:26:34 PM
GDoobah posted...
You spelled weird wrong.

SON OF A B****!

Now my OCD is going to mess with me on that one...
---
#6darklink67Posted 2/18/2014 10:29:01 PM
It's a good finical move for third parties to ignore thw Wii U. It's not thier fault, our the use base. It's Nintendo's.
#7Baha05Posted 2/18/2014 10:29:47 PM
darklink67 posted...
It's a good finical move for third parties to ignore thw Wii U. It's not thier fault, our the use base. It's Nintendo's.

I'd say 50/50. blame.
---
"Zelda is THE original RPG." Error1355 (Moderator)
#8MushroomMuncher(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2014 10:29:51 PM
darklink67 posted...

Wat
---
#9justsumdude899Posted 2/18/2014 10:30:26 PM
Except there have been quality games like ZombiU, Splinter Cell: Blacklist, and Need for Speed Most Wanted, which have been mostly ignored on the platform. Small install base could be blamed, but in some cases, the Wii U versions had real effort behind them. The Wii U doesn't always get a crappier version of a game.
---
Playing: Need for Speed: Most Wanted (Wii U), Midway Arcade Origins (PS3), Tomb Raider (360)
#10DarkFoxVPosted 2/18/2014 10:31:05 PM
TomoEK9 posted...
DiscostewSM posted...

The problems started on the Wii and merely carried over to the Wii U

Well to be more technical. It started during the SNES, got worse when N64 went cart instead of disc based. Got even worse when the GCN went mini DVD over DVD. And spiraled out of control with Wii and now WiiU.
---
"Legends never die"