The Wii U is NOT selling poorly due to lack of games.

#31GPRailroadPosted 2/19/2014 1:53:02 PM
originalhipster posted...
shinstrike posted...
So...in your opinion the gamecube had a "better overall" library than the Wii U? I disagree, but then again i only really liked Smash bros melee for that console. I can';t think of a single console with a weaker library. I can at least name several titles for the Wii U

Compare the Gamecube launch lineup to the Wii U launch lineup. Are you really telling me Nintendo Land is better than Melee and had more drawing power?

And even if you do think the Wii U has a better overall library, how does that help your case? It only helps my case because you are stating quality games matters even less for Nintendo in terms of sales.

Melee wasn't part of GC's launch lineup. GC had a weak lineup though it may as well be Dreamcast's launch compared to the Wii U's, at least the console made up for it with a great library.
---
Nickelodeon (n): An insult to TV animation; an embarrassment to mainstream cartoons since 2005.
Antonyms: Cartoon Network
#32originalhipster(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2014 1:53:11 PM
Kuebel33 posted...

The only time when Nintendo was on top (beyond the lucky casual draw of the Wii) was the NES/SNES eras and they had 3rd party support then.

Kind of funny... soooooo the "only" time they were on top, was the 3 out of 5 times they were on top? (not counting this generation yet)

Besides the point but I probably should have excluded the "only".

The main point being that clearly Nintendo requires 3rd party support if they want to be on top unless they can draw in the casuals again (which clearly isn't happening with the Wii U).
---
I was a hipster way before it was cool.
#33originalhipster(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2014 1:55:41 PM
SlimeSwayze posted...
The success of the Wii has really confused a lot of people into thinking that you have to find a reason why the Wii U is selling poorly by comparison. Nintendo consoles were already trending downwards in a major way by the time the Wii came around. The Wii sold well because of Wii Sports, and that's all there is to it. It was an exception to what has now become the rule, which is that Nintendo software is no longer enough of a reason for the average gamer to buy Nintendo consoles. Without Wii Sports, the Wii would have just been a part of that same downward trajectory, but Nintendo simply struck gold with that title, which single-handedly turned the Wii into a crossover hit.

I think it's fair to say that the Wii U would probably not be doing quite as bad if Nintendo hadn't blown it with the Gamepad and a starting price that broke their streak of releasing new consoles at $250, but still, there is no reason to be surprised by the Wii U's sales. It is simply a matter of things going back on course after the Wii fad faded away.

Exactly what I'm saying.

Nintendo hasn't really fallen off. They are just back to normal, exactly where they were post the SNES era.

But I do agree the Wii U might be fairing slightly better without all the horrible decisions like the Gamepad surrounding it. But not by much.
---
#34WildsparkPosted 2/19/2014 1:59:03 PM
It's ridiculous that we have this conversation every day. Here are the reasons that wii u isn't selling well.
1) Confusing Name
2) Lack of advertising
3) Extremely cheesy commercial
4) Not enough games at launch
5) Underpowered
6) Not enough variety with games
7) People were upset after the wii didn't have a lot of good games

I'll still get one eventually.
---
No! Keep your pity cheek kiss!- Cory Matthews
#35originalhipster(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2014 2:02:40 PM
Wildspark posted...
It's ridiculous that we have this conversation every day. Here are the reasons that wii u isn't selling well.
1) Confusing Name
2) Lack of advertising
5) Underpowered

Lack of (Nintendo) games is not a valid reason as this topic proves. Otherwise the GC would have sold much better over its life.
---
#36WildsparkPosted 2/19/2014 2:16:07 PM
Wildspark posted...
1) Confusing Name
2) Lack of advertising
5) Underpowered

Lack of (Nintendo) games is not a valid reason as this topic proves. Otherwise the GC would have sold much better over its life.

I forgot one reason: all the cool kids have ps4, so other kids try to get it and play online with their friends
---
No! Keep your pity cheek kiss!- Cory Matthews
#37DarkAdonis123Posted 2/19/2014 2:18:48 PM
derl30 posted...
Of course this topic is ignored because I only presented facts and logic. Fanboys/Trolls who make up seemingly 99% of the traffic here can't really do much with a non-sensationalist topic.

Truth

You're an idiot if you really believe that's truth. The topic is ignored because everyone knows what he said was total bs. Even the most devout fanboys here didn't want to touch his desperation level of reassurance.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#38originalhipster(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2014 2:20:09 PM
Then state your proof. Kindly point out anything I said that is wrong and present your evidence.
---
#39PUNCHOUT1116Posted 2/19/2014 2:24:22 PM
Lack of games is just one of many, many issues this console faces. I don't see this thing rectifying those issues either :/
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#40Cubfan082Posted 2/19/2014 2:31:23 PM
Of course this topic is ignored because I only presented facts and logic. Fanboys/Trolls who make up seemingly 99% of the traffic here can't really do much with a non-sensationalist topic.

this post dissuaded me from contributing, I thought you were sincere, not you look lime troll.bait...
---
Regarding teaching pigs to sing: "It wastes your time and annoys the pig" ~Mark Twain