How's Deus EX Human Revolution DC?

#11gamebuyer22Posted 2/19/2014 2:26:04 PM
Ive played for about 7 to 10 hours on the Ps3. Never played the original release. Graphics look like something from a 10 year old PC game, and the framerate can get a little choppy outside. Also the voice acting is pretty crappy. Has the whole Mass Effect no emotion characters. The game is low budget which i didnt expect at all. Its a little jarring. I dont think the game is worthy of the praise because all the technical issues. However.....

Gameplay is fine though. Sometimes it feels like you're stuck then you find a route by finding a sewer entrance, vent, and makes you feel clever. Stealth is fun and its fairly easy to get around or take out the enemies with the non lethal gun(gun i use anyway). Im a sucker for futuristic games like this though. There aren't very many of these. Game is def held back by its budget though.
#12PedroMontana(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2014 2:32:40 PM
Oh, i'm in a hospital right now and will likely stay for at least another week, so i'll mostly play without a TV anyway.
---
No More Heroes
#13ChrisCanbergPosted 2/19/2014 3:22:41 PM
One of my favorite Wii U games. Very impressed with it.
#14PedroMontana(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2014 2:10:26 AM
Okay, now i'm pretty convinced i'll buy the game this week.

What difficulty setting would be recommended for a Deus EX noob?
Should i start on the easiest not to get frustrated, or is this one of those games where playing on easy takes away the depth?
---
No More Heroes
#15CLupulaPosted 2/20/2014 4:36:42 AM
Great game,.. Got it on sale for the PS3 for $15 on the Playstation Store about a month ago. It is easily worth 3 times that price.
#16Dux_XPosted 2/20/2014 9:00:25 AM
I'm actually pretty interested in this game as well. So if anyone could answer his questions...that'd be cool.
---
"I'm going to shave...too"-Mitch Hedberg
R.I.P Mitch Hedberg (1968-2005)
#17Halladay32Posted 2/20/2014 9:18:07 AM
PedroMontana posted...
Okay, now i'm pretty convinced i'll buy the game this week.

What difficulty setting would be recommended for a Deus EX noob?
Should i start on the easiest not to get frustrated, or is this one of those games where playing on easy takes away the depth?

Human Revolution was my first Deus Ex game, and I played on the normal difficulty and found it to be a fair challenge. I'm not sure what the other difficulties modify as I didn't try them out, but I'd recommend starting out with normal. I believe you can toggle the difficulty mid-game too, but I'm not 100% sure about that.
---
"My 4th grade teacher thought there was something wrong with me because I was running my teeth along my desk because I thought I was an angry beaver."
#18PedroMontana(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2014 12:25:58 PM
Thanks everyone!

I ordered the game today for 30, it'll arrive on Monday or Tuesday. I'm pretty confident that i'll enjoy it.
---
No More Heroes
#19PedroMontana(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2014 2:26:45 AM
Are the bonus features (commentary/guide) as impressive as they sound?
---
No More Heroes