Your Reaction: Nintendo goes third party, but their games geta lot worse.

#1QueskerPosted 2/19/2014 5:20:26 PM
I'd go into more detail, but just the mere thought of it is enough to make me puke. So, why am I making this topic again?

...oh well! =D
---
7 is good. I swear the school's 75-100 grading scale has ruined peoples perception of things.
-MillionGunmannn
#2Valor_PhoenixPosted 2/19/2014 5:31:29 PM
It would be expected.

I can only see them considering it when they fail at gaming and their platforms are supported by their games. This Nintendo being in that sort of situation would indicate an inability to make new worthwhile games.
---
~ PSN ID: ValorPhoenix ~ Raven [ / . \ ] Hubris
"There are more defective users than defective systems."
#3CyricsServantPosted 2/19/2014 5:41:06 PM
Sadness.

Not to go off on a tangent, but I don't think Sega's software has seen the massive decline in quality that many claim. My favorite video game last gen was a Sega game (i.e. Valkyria Chronicles) so they must be doing something right.
#4Valor_PhoenixPosted 2/19/2014 5:54:52 PM
CyricsServant posted...
Not to go off on a tangent, but I don't think Sega's software has seen the massive decline in quality that many claim. My favorite video game last gen was a Sega game (i.e. Valkyria Chronicles) so they must be doing something right.

I never played a Sega game until after the Dreamcast was dead.

So, on one hand, I can't say they're better or worse now, but at least I'm playing them now.
---
~ PSN ID: ValorPhoenix ~ Raven [ / . \ ] Hubris
"There are more defective users than defective systems."
#5albertojz356Posted 2/19/2014 5:55:58 PM
That would really suck.
---
I support my favorite Nintendo Starlets: Pauline, Palutena, Anna, Captain Syrup, and also Shantae, and Bayonetta for Smash Bros Wii U/3ds.
#6Mandrew257Posted 2/19/2014 5:57:51 PM
Valor_Phoenix posted...
CyricsServant posted...

So, on one hand, I can't say they're better or worse now, but at least I'm playing them now.

Get a SEGA genesis. It's so sad what they've become now.
---
FOOLISH YOUTH...the soil knows all - Rolf
PSN/NNID: Mandrew257
#7-GLICE-Posted 2/19/2014 5:59:25 PM
Makes me cringe when I think about modern video game trends/fads.
---
http://i.imgur.com/uhkMwqW.png http://i.imgur.com/dFvBm2O.jpg http://i.imgur.com/innDKEp.gif http://i.imgur.com/2hENmGX.gif http://i.imgur.com/MkgAlO1.jpg
#8CyricsServantPosted 2/19/2014 6:01:46 PM
Mandrew257 posted...
Valor_Phoenix posted...
CyricsServant posted...

Get a SEGA genesis. It's so sad what they've become now.

I loved the Genesis; awesome system. Instead of tracking one down though, buy Sonic's Ultimate Sega Genesis Collections for like $20. I'd say the highlights are the original Sonic games, the Streets of Rage games, the Shining Force games, and Shinobi 3. I can't remember if the Vectorman games made the cut . . . but if they did, they're worthy of your attention too.

And if you've got a Gamecube/Wii, track down Skies of Arcadia: Legends.
#9SlimeSwayzePosted 2/19/2014 6:11:51 PM
I've said this before and I'll say it again: If Nintendo goes 3rd party, they could make some amazing games, but they wouldn't. As soon as they no longer have to make "AAA" games like a major Zelda, Metroid, or 3D Mario games in order to push their own hardware, they will simply stop making those games altogether.

A 3rd party Nintendo would become a Nintendo that simply uses their stable of well known characters to make easy money on shallow, low-cost, and quick to develop software. They already do this a lot on their own systems, but they know they still have to release a heavy-hitter now and again to get people to buy their console in the first place. Without that need, you can kiss the days of Nintendo making high quality games good-bye.
---
Currently Playing: P3P, Super Mario 3D World, Wind Waker HD, and Tales of Xillia.
#10EndgamePosted 2/19/2014 7:03:31 PM(edited)
but their games geta lot worse.

how could they POSSIBLY get worse than what they have been these past five years?!

you can kiss the days of Nintendo making high quality games good-bye.

already have

they haven't made anything worth a damn since SMG2, and even that had problems (lolBattle Belt Galaxy)
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert