Did you expect DKC to be a system seller on WiiU?

#1My_UnitPosted 2/19/2014 10:03:32 PM
Or were you expecting a different game to be?
---
The Last of Us is the greatest game in the last decade. There is no argument.
#2Cubfan082Posted 2/19/2014 10:05:51 PM
It will not move more consoles than Kart or SSBU...
---
Regarding teaching pigs to sing: "It wastes your time and annoys the pig" ~Mark Twain
#3RedBullWingsPosted 2/19/2014 10:06:08 PM
Will it move systems? Not many. I think the majority of the target audience for DKC: TF already have a Wii U. I would expect Smash Bros. to be the biggest mover this year, but I still think it is going to take more than one game to make a substantial impact (although Mario Kart will assist in that).
#4DorotimusWitikPosted 2/19/2014 10:08:48 PM(edited)
DKCTF is going to be the game that tips the scales for exactly 0 people. That isn't to say that if a bundle for it is released that it won't sell at all, but no one is going to buy the Wii U purely in anticipation of this game.
#5Mandrew257Posted 2/19/2014 10:08:14 PM
It'll move some, not as much as MK or Smash though.
---
FOOLISH YOUTH...the soil knows all - Rolf
PSN/NNID: Mandrew257
#6LordrvPosted 2/19/2014 10:49:40 PM
Honestly if 2 Mario games didn't already move it, nothing will LOL.
#7justsumdude899Posted 2/19/2014 10:50:56 PM
^^ Smash and Mario Kart sell way more than Mario.
---
Playing: Need for Speed: Most Wanted (Wii U), Midway Arcade Origins (PS3), Tomb Raider (360)
#8comicman117Posted 2/19/2014 10:53:46 PM
justsumdude899 posted...

So Mario sells way more than Mario.

Hmm interesting. Guess most video game characters can't say they outsell themselves. Then again, most video game characters aren't Mario.
#9Oni_TaedoPosted 2/24/2014 8:00:29 PM
comicman117 posted...
justsumdude899 posted...

So Mario sells way more than Mario.

Hmm interesting. Guess most video game characters can't say they outsell themselves. Then again, most video game characters aren't Mario.

No, he specifically said Mario Kart .

Mario Kart isn't a Mario game. It's a Mario KART game.
A game utilizing the same characters and similar settings as the Mario games, but are not part of any actual continuity (I suppose, if you could call what the Mario games have as "continuity").

It's like if you placed Marvel vs. Capcom into the Marvel comics timeline (as in Earth 626). It's an entirely different timeline altogether. The things that happen in MvC do not impact any Marvel comics, nor any Capcom games.

Mario Kart is as much a Mario game, as it is a Bowser, or Luigi game.

If Smash is a Mario game, then it's also a Pokemon, Star Fox, F-Zero, Metroid, and now a Punch Out!! game. Now people can stop whining about not getting a new F-Zero, because Smash is an F-Zero game.
---
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheVGViking
#10Cubfan082Posted 2/24/2014 8:05:23 PM
justsumdude899 posted...

this, I keep saying it, MK and Smash were so much more important than Mario 3D world.
---
Regarding teaching pigs to sing: "It wastes your time and annoys the pig" ~Mark Twain