3D World or Tropical Freeze?

#1BetrayedTangyPosted 2/20/2014 8:26:03 PM
I'm getting one next weekend and I can't decide on which one I want. - Results (57 votes)
Super Mario 3D World
61.4% (35 votes)
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
38.6% (22 votes)
This poll is now closed.
?
---
I come up with my best ideas in the shower.
#2MithrilMonarchPosted 2/20/2014 8:28:20 PM
I've never played the DKC series aside from a bit of Returns. I'm sure Tropical Freeze is a great game, but 3D World is amazing. My vote is for 3D World.
---
Retro Games Don't Deserve to Be Stretched and Ugly
Make the Switch to 4:3 Today! Your Retro Games Will Thank You!
#3WillWarePosted 2/20/2014 8:29:38 PM
You're gonna get a mountain of awesome either way. I say flip a coin.
---
I'm what you might call a classic gamer.
Tonda gossa!
#4jwillennPosted 2/20/2014 8:37:55 PM
3D World was great. I think Tropical Freeze is going to be much better though. It will be better for competition. Hard Mode + Replay Uploading and Leaderboards > Ghost Miis. It's going to be better for music with a far more extensive soundtrack than 3D World's by the guy that brought us the great music of the original DKC trilogy. It's going to be better for action packed level design. 3D World often has "roamy" gameplay where you're kind of wasting time just moving from A to B with no real challenge involved. Don't get me wrong, it's no Super Mario 64 in that regard, but the first level of 3D World is far from the last time you'll find "emptiness" in the action. Tropical Freeze is closer to the raw Platformer experience, constantly throwing SOME kind of threatening obstacle at you. Tropical Freeze will be greater visually also. There is way more detail in the environments.
#5IzanagiBlastPosted 2/20/2014 8:50:10 PM
WillWare posted...
You're gonna get a mountain of awesome either way. I say flip a coin.

---
NNID: xXVergiliusXx
3DS FC: 3351-4244-8930
#6UsabellPosted 2/20/2014 9:52:49 PM
Veeeeery hard choice, both are equally good IMO. Mario maybe feels a tad bit more polished, so if you haven't played it yet, go get it!
---
Consoles shouldn't be about 480p, 720p, 1080p or the prettiest slideshow.
They are about a magical box that outputs wonderful streams of 60 images per second.
#7SuigintouEVPosted 2/21/2014 3:54:53 PM
3D world is easier and more accessible, but tropical freeze is starting to look like the better game.
---
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II