Just bought a WiiU from best buy... Do they accept returns if I opened the item

#1StarmanAnthonyPosted 2/20/2014 9:54:04 PM
Just bought a WiiU from best buy... Do they accept returns if I opened the item already?

I was on the fence about purchasing the WiiU... I hooked it up and it looks absolutely beautiful... But I am just not interested in the new super mario bros u games...

I own a 360 and a 3ds xl.. I think I am getting overwhelmed with too many systems and games...

I even preordered the new dkc game.. But now I think I might just return everything... And focus on my 360 and 3ds xl.... Idk...
---
Instagram: tonylainez2
#2IzanagiBlastPosted 2/20/2014 10:07:07 PM
StarmanAnthony posted...
Just bought a WiiU from best buy... Do they accept returns if I opened the item already?

I was on the fence about purchasing the WiiU... I hooked it up and it looks absolutely beautiful... But I am just not interested in the new super mario bros u games...

I own a 360 and a 3ds xl.. I think I am getting overwhelmed with too many systems and games...

I even preordered the new dkc game.. But now I think I might just return everything... And focus on my 360 and 3ds xl.... Idk...

So you were on a fence about buying the Wii U and you bought the version that had games you don't like...I must say that wasn't a smart move.
---
NNID: xXVergiliusXx
3DS FC: 3351-4244-8930
#3WildsparkPosted 2/20/2014 10:15:30 PM(edited)
You could just sell the game and buy one that you will like. Try wonderful 101 or Wind Waker HD
---
No! Keep your pity cheek kiss!- Cory Matthews
#4TheTitan99Posted 2/20/2014 10:17:22 PM
I've returned open laptops and tablets before.
---
Super Mario World is the best game ever made!
#5StarmanAnthony(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2014 10:18:34 PM
I mean it's hard to explain... I didn't want the WiiU BUT I LOVE nintendo products... I have 4 limited edition 3dsxl's, I purchase lots of software for that system..

But I think I just don't have time or the money for another system.... I really think I made a huge mistake....

I don't know what I was thinking... Can I returned opened systems to best buy? If I decided tomorrow I want to return it....
---
Instagram: tonylainez2
#6Nate_DihldorffPosted 2/20/2014 10:19:51 PM
If the software seal is broken, you are going to have a hard time returning it for a full refund.
#7Paulf001Posted 2/20/2014 10:20:05 PM
For video game systems they usually won't take it back unless its defective and then you can only get the same thing, and they will most likely break the seal on it so you can't return it later for a refund. It happened to me at Best Buy when I had a defective batman disc that kept freezing up I exchanged it and the girl was like we have to open it in the store so you can't come back and return it.
#8sugarshaneo7Posted 2/20/2014 10:35:52 PM
you couldn't check their policy online at their website or simply called up the store you bought the wiiu from and ask them? you're either incredibly stupid or a troll. losing faith in humanity, one gamefaqs post at a time..
#9SalogyPosted 2/20/2014 10:38:48 PM
Why don't you flip your receipt over and read it?
---
"In truth, they haven't been allowed for ages, we've just never enforced the rule" -SineNomine on presigs
#10lazer_licePosted 2/21/2014 12:01:09 AM
I once returned an open xbox 360. Opened, connected it, played it. I just decided I wasn't gonna deal with another rrod so I just returned it and got a refund.