help with a game please

#1Darksilver4Posted 2/20/2014 9:20:52 PM
I have $77, and would like to know what game people think would be the better buy.
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8 or
Watch Dogs.
I wish I could get them all at once, but don't have the money to buy all 3.
---
PSN: Darksilver4
NN ID: Darksilver4
#2kdognumba1Posted 2/20/2014 9:24:11 PM(edited)
Watchdogs and Mario Kart 8 aren't out yet so currently the only choice you have is Super Mario 3D World. To be honest though, if I could only choose one of the 3 for the entire year, I'd go with Mario Kart 8.
---
http://backloggery.com/kdog254 http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/Ouya/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#3SyCo_VeNoMPosted 2/20/2014 9:25:46 PM
Super Mario 3d World is the only game people can comment on as the other 2 are not out, and only have trailers
Mario Kart 8 (comes out I think in may) will probably be out way before watch dogs
#4WildsparkPosted 2/20/2014 9:26:06 PM
3d world.
---
No! Keep your pity cheek kiss!- Cory Matthews
#5VeiledGenesisPosted 2/20/2014 9:43:39 PM
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.
---
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
#6Darksilver4(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2014 9:49:45 PM
VeiledGenesis posted...

How is that game?
---
PSN: Darksilver4
NN ID: Darksilver4
#7SyCo_VeNoMPosted 2/20/2014 9:55:12 PM(edited)
Darksilver4 posted...
VeiledGenesis posted...

How is that game?

grindy

if you don't have like 50 hours to invest into it don't bother.

I got the game, and honestly I won't say its bad just will say its not for me. I played it for 5-7 hours, and it just didn't click.
#8VeiledGenesisPosted 2/20/2014 10:02:04 PM
Darksilver4 posted...
VeiledGenesis posted...

How is that game?

Well, if you've played a Monster Hunter before, it's essentially more of the same with the biggest list of monsters, weapons and gear, and maps of the series(as far as I have been told and read).

It's got a fairly steep learning curve as far as getting the hang of the controls, how to fight the monsters, and isn't necessarily for everyone.

On the plus side, this is the first game in the series to include a "targeting camera" feature. It only works on large monsters, you can only lock on to one at a time, and you have to manually force the camera to realign with the monster it's locked onto. Basically, this means you can either manually aim the camera wherever you want, or press the camera reset button to return to viewing the monster. What the camera wont do is follow the monster around, you have to kind of force it to do so.

It'll make a lot more sense once you mess with it and see what I'm talking about. That description probably is confusing and terrible.

Er, anyway the game, in my opinion, is quite fun and satisfying. Very few games these days where fighting a big ass dinosaur/dragon/monster thing for 40 minutes straight and coming out the winner make it feel so damn good. Each monster behaves differently, has different "tells" for their various attacks and abilities, and some are more apt to run away and force you into a chase than others.

If you're still curious, look up a couple videos on YouTube. You don't have to understand everything going on, just watch to see if the gameplay is something you think you might enjoy.
---
#9VeiledGenesisPosted 2/20/2014 10:03:12 PM
TL;DR version - It's cool, grindy, but not very newbie friendly.
---
#10kdognumba1Posted 2/20/2014 10:09:05 PM
Darksilver4 posted...
VeiledGenesis posted...

How is that game?

Long, challenging, grindy, rewarding, and an incredibly good online coop experience. It's not for everybody and is definitely for people who are into character building with a very VERY deep stat system that requires a lot of skill and time and patience. If you're looking for a quick fix, it's not the game to get but if you're looking for a game to challenge you that you can get a pretty infinite amount of playtime out of, it's definitely up your alley.
---
http://backloggery.com/kdog254 http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/Ouya/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1