DKC:TF releases today! Why no M&L,Zelda,PKMN,AC,KH3D,StarFox... for Wii U?

#1LegendaryHeroRebornPosted 2/21/2014 8:09:50 AM(edited)
If Nintendo has a problem with the Wii U underselling, why not release console versions (not HD remakes or ports, built from scratch specifically for the Wii U) of their amazing 3DS games that they released last year? There were so many amazing 3DS games like Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Luigi's Mansion 2, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Project X Zone, Pokemon X & Y, Paper Mario: SS, Kid Icarus: Uprising, etc. Too much effort for 3DS, not a lot for the Wii U. Still no F-Zero, Star Fox or Metroid sequels.

We already know 3rd party games don't sell well for the Wii U (Why?) so Nintendo shouldn't keep delaying their big games (they missed out last holiday season) and we're left with long game droughts. They released GCN with the best game ever SSBMelee and Wii with the best 3D Zelda, Twilight Princess. Sadly, the Wii U released with the mediocre New Super Mario Bros. U and poor marketing. Nintendo has billions, they could pay 3rd party companies for timed exclusive games like what Microsoft does.

I'm just happy that I finally get to play Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze later today! DKC: Returns was great and hard, but still not as epic as DKC 2 & 3 from Rare, R.I.P. Rare. I hope the the new Yoshi's Island games for Wii U and 3DS are as hard and amazing as Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, but the graphics & sound from the trailers makes it seem like a baby game, but I shouldn't judge before playing.
---
Wii U NNID: LegendaryHeroR. 3DS FC: 0731-5087-7070.
Xbox Live & PSN: EliteGamerRyan.
#2AhnoldDoodPosted 2/21/2014 8:03:53 AM
LegendaryHeroReborn posted...
If Nintendo has a problem with the Wii U underselling, why not release console versions of their amazing 3DS games that they released last year?

Because they can totally make a port of a 3DS game to an HD console in a year.
#3CranberryPSOPosted 2/21/2014 8:06:40 AM
I don't think releasing a bunch of 3DS games on the WiiU is going to really boost the WiiU. It needs something to set it apart from what's already on the market, not make itself a TV version of the 3DS minus the 3D.
---
Best quest to fight tons of Canadians really fast? ~HaienLai
Topics won: 3
#4LegendaryHeroReborn(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2014 8:08:18 AM
I'm not talking about console HD versions, I'm talking about fully 3D online Pokemon game, 3D Mario & Luigi game, sequel to Paper Mario: TTYD, etc. They could've been making those games for years before releasing the new Wii U console.
---
#5AhnoldDoodPosted 2/21/2014 8:10:08 AM
I'm not talking about console HD versions, I'm talking about fully 3D online Pokemon game, 3D Mario & Luigi game, sequel to Paper Mario: TTYD, etc. They could've been making those games for years before releasing the new Wii U console.

It's pretty obvious that that time was used making the 3DS games. Understandable, since it was released first and also had launch troubles.

And there will never be a full Pokemon console RPG.
#6DarthLaharlPosted 2/21/2014 8:11:38 AM
AhnoldDood posted...
If Nintendo has a problem with the Wii U underselling, why not release console versions of their amazing 3DS games that they released last year?

Because they can totally make a port of a 3DS game to an HD console in a year.

Warner Bros. did it within like a few months with Batman BlackGate.
Ubisoft turned AC:L to an HD game in 15 months.
Capcom turned RE:R into and HD game in like 17 months.

If Brokecom can do it Nintendo should be able to.
---
PSN: Unretributed
NNID: Unretributed FC- 5327-1035-6336
#7AhnoldDoodPosted 2/21/2014 8:12:47 AM
DarthLaharl posted...
Warner Bros. did it within like a few months with Batman BlackGate.
Ubisoft turned AC:L to an HD game in 15 months.
Capcom turned RE:R into and HD game in like 17 months.

If Brokecom can do it Nintendo should be able to.

Touche.
#8brolynickPosted 2/21/2014 8:12:56 AM
If they'd just release all 3DS games for Wii U... then what's the point in owning both of them?
---
Chris Jericho is better than God.
#9LegendaryHeroReborn(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2014 8:23:11 AM(edited)
OMG, many of you guys are still thinking ports/remakes of 3DS games to Wii U is what I meant but it's not and I already edited it.

Yes touche on if 3rd parties can make console HD ports in several months (Castlevania 3DS got an HD port so fast). Nintendo has more money to hire more people and do it too. At least it boosts console sales and it gives a choice of HD + extra features to people who don't like 3D or never get to play them in 3DS. I do like 3D turned all the way up, but I'd rather play games on a big TV screen.
---
#10LegendaryHeroReborn(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2014 3:51:11 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]