A Bethesda developed Zelda would just be boring.

#1knightoffire55Posted 2/21/2014 4:54:42 PM
Bethesda games lack things like puzzles and interesting towns.
---
I didn't hear your question but the answer is DmC.
#2SuigintouEVPosted 2/21/2014 4:55:48 PM
A bethesda developed anything IS just boring, for those and other reasons.
---
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II
#3Fenrir-JuubiPosted 2/21/2014 5:00:35 PM
Skyrim was a extremely boring game. The combat was boring and the story ended before it begun.

I really don't understand how that empty game got so many GOTY awards.
---
"We can do this the simple way, I prefer to keep it complicated "
"No dreams and no hope, they been terminated"
#4GensokyoPosted 2/21/2014 5:01:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToKIkw3LIoQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xCjK3BD6u4

Imagine this, but in a Zelda game.
---
3DS FC: 4742 - 5987 - 5552
#5yeti44Posted 2/21/2014 5:11:36 PM
I don't want Bugthesda coming anywhere near Zelda. Nuff said...
---
Nintendo stock 12,165
Sony stock 1,765
#6Slave 1Posted 2/21/2014 5:32:53 PM
Bethesda games are fun for their scale, customization, and detail. But I feel like they would be far too sprawling for a Zelda game. I don't want to aimlessly wander around doing sidequests in a Zelda game. I'd rather the sidequests be interesting and memorable with the possibility of doing them all in a reasonable amount of time. Bethesda gives you this enormous world to explore but I think Zelda games are far better in a tight, well rounded package without many useless areas to get lost in. I found it too easy to get bogged down in Skyrim (quite literally with all the crap my character was carrying) and that is the opposite of what I want in Zelda.
---
Boise State Broncos
3DS: 1676-3714-2798
#7SuigintouEVPosted 2/21/2014 5:35:43 PM
Slave 1 posted...
Bethesda games are fun for their scale, customization, and detail. But I feel like they would be far too sprawling for a Zelda game. I don't want to aimlessly wander around doing sidequests in a Zelda game. I'd rather the sidequests be interesting and memorable with the possibility of doing them all in a reasonable amount of time. Bethesda gives you this enormous world to explore but I think Zelda games are far better in a tight, well rounded package without many useless areas to get lost in. I found it too easy to get bogged down in Skyrim (quite literally with all the crap my character was carrying) and that is the opposite of what I want in Zelda.

+1

Majora's Mask is and should remain the template for sidequesting in a Zelda game. More quantity would only hurt the experience.
---
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II
#8WildsparkPosted 2/21/2014 5:37:15 PM
The game would have too many bugs and an ugly art style.
---
I'm an idiot savant, didn't you know?- Shawn Hunter
#9Lovely_DisasterPosted 2/21/2014 5:39:47 PM
Fenrir-Juubi posted...
Skyrim was a extremely boring game. The combat was boring and the story ended before it begun.

I really don't understand how that empty game got so many GOTY awards.

Skyrim isn't an empty game. I'm really not expecting to see too many people on this board defend Bethesda. That's like going on the PS4 board and saying that that Strider is awful and Tropical Freeze is objectively better. So yeah I'm not really expecting to see too many fans of bethesda games or western rpgs/games on other consoles but that doesn't mean you should make up dumb things.

"The combat was boring and the story ended before it begun."

1. Please tell me how Zelda combat outside of Skyward Sword is SO deep and engaging.

2. Zelda doesn't exactly have that gripping of a story itself. Second of all, very few fans of Elder Scroll games like Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim?Fallout 3, etc. play the game for the main story. Many fans of Bethesda games never even complete the main questline.
---
"Ign is INFAMOUS for giving nintendo games a low score." - SMASHKING84
#10GK45Posted 2/21/2014 5:43:57 PM
Bethesda makes some of the most ambitious and immersive games out there. I can totally understand if they don't make The type of games you are interested in, but the exaggerations made about their flaws on this board are absolutely mind boggling.