A Bethesda developed Zelda would just be boring.

#121jamesflames82Posted 2/22/2014 7:18:14 AM
Oni_Taedo posted...
mrhappyguy12345 posted...
A lot of blind hate going on here.

*Bethesda announces TES for Wii U*

*Wii U board rejoices*

Can't move fast during combat if you use magic? Try light armor...

Cut scenes? What?

Unreal engine? Huh?

Doesn't offer freedom and has an empty world? There's about a dozen different types of armor, a pretty large variety of weapons, tons of spells, dozens of unique items, weapons and armor, countless quests from NPC's, all NPC's operate on their own individual schedules, 100's of unique quests, diverse towns, cities, small settlements, camps etc., different factions to join and do quests for, tons of locations to explore(caves, forts, sunken ships, ruins, crypts etc.) and I can play however I want to in this playground with countless combinations of skills to make a character that feels just right for my play style, be noble and help people, be a theif, a mage, a knight, or any combination of those and blah blah blah...

and you're telling me there's no freedom and the world is empty? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

You make Skyrim sound better than it actually is.

The world is VERY empty (without mods. I had to make random encounters more frequent), and incredibly small. It takes roughly an hour and a half to get from one end of Skyrim, to the other.

There's no freedom in what you do.
Want to fight in the war? Join a side.
Why? I want to be a one-man/cat/lizard/woman engine of mayhem, destruction and pain. Why the hell do I need imperial panty-waists to bog me down? I could take both the Empire AND the Stormcloaks on, ON MY OWN. Where's that option?

Where's my option to kill off both factions, and then proceed to wear the high queen's lower torso like an athletic cup? Where is all this freedom?
Alduin wants to destroy the world? Why do I have to go through all this bull crap to stop him? Just let me find him, and kick his ass.

Chrono Trigger had more freedom.

Once again, this is a ridiculous argument. Look, it's a video game. There are restrictions. No, you can't do every single possible thing that comes to your mind. No, you can't go right from the beginning of the game and kill the final boss. But that's also the beauty of these games. A lot of people never finish B/C of the many other things that you can do.

Look, I understand that you are coming to the rescue of Nintendo once again on these boards. But you used to come in w/ rational arguments that were at least somewhat debatable. Now, you're heading into squatch territory. Squatch...

Is that really who you want to be compared to on these boards?
---
Gamertag: Calvin AG
#122Mr_Big_BossPosted 2/22/2014 7:30:25 AM
Startech_Viper posted...
Can someone tell me how this idea came about?

TC is disappointed by his purchase of the Wii U, so he made this reassurance topic to make himself feel better. He chose Bethesda because of how popular Skyrim is.
---
the end of one nightmare, prelude to the another...
#123MarioFanaticXVPosted 2/22/2014 7:32:42 AM
Startech_Viper posted...

They were probably playing Twilight Princess. Big, empty world with very little to do, a nearly non-existent plot, combat's a joke... If it wasn't for the fact that the game actually has structure and level design, it could be mistaken for a Bethesda game.
---
"O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:"
1 Tim 6:20
#124jamesflames82Posted 2/22/2014 7:54:06 AM
MarioFanaticXV posted...
Startech_Viper posted...

They were probably playing Twilight Princess. Big, empty world with very little to do, a nearly non-existent plot, combat's a joke... If it wasn't for the fact that the game actually has structure and level design, it could be mistaken for a Bethesda game.

Yea, Mario, tell us all about the differences in structure between a linear game and a game where you can literally walk to the other end of the map within 1 hour of the game. We're all curious to know.
---
Gamertag: Calvin AG
#125demonwyrmPosted 2/22/2014 8:01:37 AM
Don't worry Wii fans, Bethesda will never come near your POS console.
---
GT/PSN: demonwyrm666x
#126MasajubPosted 2/22/2014 8:14:46 AM
Bethesda's design style can be summed up with three words:

Quantity over Quality.

And then they drown everything in bugs.

But, "wait a minute" the critics say.... look at the amount of nodes on my map.

GOTY.
#127LoneCourier2281Posted 2/22/2014 8:48:42 AM
Why do so many fellow Wii U owners hate video games?
---
Who wants to play... Video games??
#128GunntyrPosted 2/22/2014 8:51:20 AM
GK45 posted...
Bethesda makes some of the most ambitious and immersive games out there. I can totally understand if they don't make The type of games you are interested in, but the exaggerations made about their flaws on this board are absolutely mind boggling.

Perfectly summarized.
#129asbsandPosted 2/22/2014 8:53:54 AM
Of course, why are we even thinking about this?
---
Nintendo: Playing everything too safe for anyone to care since 2013.
3DS Friend Code: 2578-3323-8264
#130UltrachaoPosted 2/22/2014 9:21:40 AM
Oni_Taedo posted...
The world is VERY empty (without mods. I had to make random encounters more frequent), and incredibly small. It takes roughly an hour and a half to get from one end of Skyrim, to the other.

Hyrule Field in Ocarina of Time has no random encounters at all (they're either preplaced, like the Peahats during the day, or a consistent spawn rate, like the Stalchildren at night) and can be crossed in like a minute, and most people would say that's a great game- actually why am i even replying to you this is absurd and everyone knows it.
---
Protoss is clearly the new alliance race for WoW.
MY LIFE FOR AIURnforge -Ridleysbiggestfan