PS3 and 3DS both made a comeback, so why...

#1yeti44Posted 2/21/2014 5:22:02 PM
...do the trolls insist Wii U is doooooomed?? We allowed 3DS and PS3 some time to develop before labeling them failures, and both of them became very successful (aside from the fact that PS3 lost Sony ALL of the profits from PS1 and PS2).

Did you trolls forget the fact that PS2 outsold PS3 for the first few years?

Why can't Wii U make the same kind of comeback?
---
Nintendo stock 12,165
Sony stock 1,765
#2guedesbrawlPosted 2/21/2014 5:23:13 PM
entertainment , i'd guess
---
"Clones are bad!" "Tier Lists don't exist!" ... really now? >_>
#3terrancejonesPosted 2/21/2014 5:26:05 PM
Because Trolls who fail to learn from history are forever doomed to Nintendooom it. Or SonyDooooom, or XDooooooom720, if you prefer. I thought people would be slinging the doom label on all three consoles at the same time, when the Wii U launched. I didn't expect it to be THIS bad though. Not the games or consoles itself, which will do fine. I mean the Forever doomed to repeat DOOOOM.
---
Every console has a game worth playing to me, like for example, the Xbox 360 has Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts.
#4FayeLadyPosted 2/21/2014 5:26:11 PM
Because the Wii U is doing far worse than the 3DS or PS3 ever did. Comparisons to either platform is silly.

Even if the situations were comparable, lets not pretend turning the PS3 or 3DS around was a simple matter. The PS3 needed a large host of first party games and ICE team deployed to help third party teams with their games. The 3DS needed its price adjusted by a almost a third to make it worth the cost of admission to the average player.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#5AaronPHughesPosted 2/21/2014 5:27:48 PM
PS3 and 3DS were overpriced at launch.

They had good games come out a year afterwards.

Wii U is in a bigger drought than Arizona
---
Systems Owned - 2600, 5200, NES, NES2, Gameboy, SNES, Virtual Boy, Gameboy Color, N64, Dreamcast, Gamecube, GBA, DS, DSLite, GBM, Wii, 360, 3DS, Wii U
#6cyanide_suicidePosted 2/21/2014 5:30:17 PM(edited)
One look at history will tell you why.

The 3DS made a comeback because it sold uncharacteristically bad for a Nintendo handheld at first. Nintendo handhelds had always sold gangbusters. For the 3DS to not sell well was an anomaly. A price drop and some quality games fixed that.

On the console side of things, Nintendo console sales had historically dropped every generation. Every generation ended up selling less unites than the last. The anomaly here was the Wii, that ended up selling even more than the original NES, which sold more than the SNES, and so forth. Now that the Wii is dead, the pattern seems to have gone back to right where it was before the Wii, with the Wii U trending to sell less than the freaking Gamecube.
*Edit*: A price drop and some quality games have, thus far, NOT remedied this, and Iwata flat out said don't expect another price drop.
#7FayeLadyPosted 2/21/2014 5:30:15 PM
AaronPHughes posted...

Wii U is in a bigger drought than Arizona

What happen to all the ice tea?
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#8Felix6464Posted 2/21/2014 5:30:58 PM
Because they're trolls. Logic is the last thing on their mind, they just want to rile people up.
---
Now remember, its ok to trade with someone you like, but when someone scams you in Pokemon, that's no good!
#GivePringlesBack
#9songoku0206Posted 2/21/2014 5:37:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKCyhJ1tyXQ
---
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/Cloudstrife0206
#10CasualGamersPosted 2/21/2014 5:41:09 PM
In!
---
Official Patron Saint of the 3DS Board