PS3 and 3DS both made a comeback, so why...

#41sugarshaneo7Posted 2/22/2014 6:43:06 AM
unfortunately too many development teams don't see a market for them on the console, plus, more expansive production and developers needto focus on the future of their company, and the best way to do that is to have their teams be comfortable with more advanced hardware, the programmers with the more advanced skil sets are more valuable and readily available for continued progress of advancement in this industry. love my wiiu though still.
#42Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 2/22/2014 6:46:01 AM
Xechs posted...
PS3 went from 3.6 million first fiscal year to 9 million second year and has never been below 10 million until the end of gen that's how it caught up. 3DS also sold average 4.6x more units in it's second year.

by comparison wiiu started off with launch and initial sales in first fiscal year at 4 million units ie better then PS3 started but problem is this second fiscal year they plan only 2.9 million sold. wii u initial projection was the same as PS3 at 9 million but they fell drastically short.

Also both PS3 and 3DS saw 2x as many games come out in second year with twice as many software sales. wii u only saw 19% increase in software sales with 2013 fall releases (ie all the 3D world and third party doom topics) and a 36% decrease in revenue due to hardware not selling.

Also arguably 2007 was the start of a lot of current big hitter franchises like COD 4, Uncharted, assasin creed, Elder scrolls (COD and elder scrolls hit mainstream) so was very fresh for PS3. When you look at wii u lineup we have mario kart a lego game and DK pretty much all the way to june. Plus last year we had a lot of third party games and they seem to be dropping a lot from this year.

These are some reasons why people don't think wii u can bounce back because by second fiscal year PS3 and 3DS already saw increase in harware by 2-5x increase and software by 2x. wiiu has 36% decrease in second year along with only 19% increase in software. PS3 was also 500-600 price point in that time period too.

Who cares if you back up your statement with facts and numbers?

The PS3 and 3DS made a comeback so I will remain delusional and assume that the Wii U will, and anybody who says otherwise, I will say they don't have logic (because herp derp it is not allowed on this board).
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17oodar3kvfbjjpg/original.jpg
#43MilesTeg420Posted 2/22/2014 7:28:34 AM
One issue is just how long Wii U has seen sub par sales. At some point it becomes too late for a turnaround. The Wii U has seen poor sales since January 2013. Very little has been done to change things.

Nintendo can't drop the price.

Nintendo doesn't have enough software to change things themselves.

The Wii U has no third party support to cover dry spells.

3D is a much cooler gimmick than a straight up touch screen.

The PS3 was the best bargain on a blu ray player for quite some time.

etc etc etc etc
#44Neo_HeartlessPosted 2/22/2014 7:37:23 AM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Xechs posted...
PS3 went from 3.6 million first fiscal year to 9 million second year and has never been below 10 million until the end of gen that's how it caught up. 3DS also sold average 4.6x more units in it's second year.

by comparison wiiu started off with launch and initial sales in first fiscal year at 4 million units ie better then PS3 started but problem is this second fiscal year they plan only 2.9 million sold. wii u initial projection was the same as PS3 at 9 million but they fell drastically short.

Also both PS3 and 3DS saw 2x as many games come out in second year with twice as many software sales. wii u only saw 19% increase in software sales with 2013 fall releases (ie all the 3D world and third party doom topics) and a 36% decrease in revenue due to hardware not selling.

Also arguably 2007 was the start of a lot of current big hitter franchises like COD 4, Uncharted, assasin creed, Elder scrolls (COD and elder scrolls hit mainstream) so was very fresh for PS3. When you look at wii u lineup we have mario kart a lego game and DK pretty much all the way to june. Plus last year we had a lot of third party games and they seem to be dropping a lot from this year.

These are some reasons why people don't think wii u can bounce back because by second fiscal year PS3 and 3DS already saw increase in harware by 2-5x increase and software by 2x. wiiu has 36% decrease in second year along with only 19% increase in software. PS3 was also 500-600 price point in that time period too.

The PS3 and 3DS made a comeback so I will remain delusional and assume that the Wii U will, and anybody who says otherwise, I will say they don't have logic (because herp derp it is not allowed on this board).

You seem a little upset, friend.

On regards of this topic at hand, the WiiU could only turn it around if it had third party support. That it doesn't... well it would be nice to think that Nintendo and the few third parties will keep the WiiU going, but have it make a comeback? No.

And that's just what western third parties want, but that's another argument for another thread
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#45Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 2/22/2014 8:13:16 AM
Neo_Heartless posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Xechs posted...

On regards of this topic at hand, the WiiU could only turn it around if it had third party support. That it doesn't... well it would be nice to think that Nintendo and the few third parties will keep the WiiU going, but have it make a comeback? No.

And that's just what western third parties want, but that's another argument for another thread

Upset? Stop projecting your emotions on to me. The only ones who are upset would be the Wii U fanboys due to the horrendous Wii U sales.

I guess it is possible that some Vita fanboys would upset as well because those sales are also terrible, but it is selling better than the Wii U so that is something.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
#46Neo_HeartlessPosted 2/22/2014 8:17:32 AM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Neo_Heartless posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Xechs posted...

Upset? Stop projecting your emotions on to me. The only ones who are upset would be the Wii U fanboys due to the horrendous Wii U sales.

I guess it is possible that some Vita fanboys would upset as well because those sales are also terrible, but it is selling better than the Wii U so that is something.

Grammar errors now too? You really do seem to be troubled by this thread. Can't see why though.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#47kukingina2Posted 2/22/2014 8:20:46 AM
because the ps3 and 3ds actually had games
---
Is Metroid's gun part of his armor or is he a cyborg like Data from Star wars?
NNID: RobertTheZombie Gamertag: Robertzombie 3ds FC: 4940 - 5506 2047
#48Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 2/22/2014 8:29:12 AM
Neo_Heartless posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Neo_Heartless posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Xechs posted...

Grammar errors now too? You really do seem to be troubled by this thread. Can't see why though.

Now you've turned Grammar Nazi (while having your own grammatical errors in this very thread lol).

First, projecting
Second, Grammar Nazi

I actually deemed you as one of the more level headed fanboys, but sadly you are now going through the change. It happens to best of them. You know there was once a time when Gnik and Baha actually posted things that weren't fanboy drivel?

Sad to see you go down the same path.
---
#49CLupulaPosted 2/22/2014 8:45:28 AM
STN79 posted...
It's funny how a confirmed flop like say the Dreamcast gets all kinds of praise anyway even though it literally failed.

It's how you talk badly about the Dreamcast, yet that system got more games at launch than the Wii U has had in a year.

That's why it got so much praise despite being a commercial flop in Japan: it had quality games and A LOT of them. The Wii U's current lineup only applies to those okay with the same games they've been playing for 30 years. If you're looking for something somewhat new, there's only three titles on the horizon (Bayonetta 2, X, and, if it doesn't get moved to 3DS, SMT x FE).

So, by the time all of those are out, which would be, say, 2015, the Dreamcast had already about TEN TIMES more games of a higher quality than anything on the Wii U. That's why it gets praised and the Wii U mocked.
#50Oni_TaedoPosted 2/22/2014 8:57:52 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]