i think we need a new pricing system for games

#21DreTam2000Posted 2/21/2014 8:04:22 PM
Bahamut_10th posted...
guedesbrawl posted...
not before lowering price for consoles.

950 dollars for the wii u bundle is too much

That's not really Nintendo's fault. Brazil's tax system is one of the worst in the world. And Nintendo would have to go through hell to get all the necessary resources for a Wii U factory in Brazil.
Can you elaborate?

From what I understand, Brazil has a fast growing economy lately.

Also, I must've missed the portion of the TC that referenced Brazil. I didn't get the factory reference. I'll scroll back up and have a look-see..
#22Bahamut_10thPosted 2/21/2014 8:14:55 PM
DreTam2000 posted...
Bahamut_10th posted...
guedesbrawl posted...

That's not really Nintendo's fault. Brazil's tax system is one of the worst in the world. And Nintendo would have to go through hell to get all the necessary resources for a Wii U factory in Brazil.
Can you elaborate?

Also, I must've missed the portion of the TC that referenced Brazil. I didn't get the factory reference. I'll scroll back up and have a look-see..

Brazil is currently the 4th biggest gaming market. HOWEVER we have an atrocious tax system. We pay more taxes to the government than most countries do, and we get next to NO RETURN.

On top of that, video games are taxed as "gambling" items. Then there is a bunch of other taxes I'm too lazy to list, but in the end video games have an increase in price of about 180% depending on the state. Then the stores want to make huge profit per unit. (They don't do it like US stores in which they expect to make small profit per unit but a lot by selling many of the games/consoles)

And don't even think fast growing economy means we're rich. The country IS rich. But it has one of the worst distributions of the currency. With all this money you'd expect the country to be ten times better than it currently is.
After the World Cup our economy will go into a deep crisis too. Just you wait.
---
The Rolling Western deserves a big budget sequel. People who agree: 1
#23guedesbrawlPosted 2/22/2014 5:12:07 AM
Bahamut_10th posted...
DreTam2000 posted...
Bahamut_10th posted...
guedesbrawl posted...

Can you elaborate?

Brazil is currently the 4th biggest gaming market. HOWEVER we have an atrocious tax system. We pay more taxes to the government than most countries do, and we get next to NO RETURN.

On top of that, video games are taxed as "gambling" items. Then there is a bunch of other taxes I'm too lazy to list, but in the end video games have an increase in price of about 180% depending on the state. Then the stores want to make huge profit per unit. (They don't do it like US stores in which they expect to make small profit per unit but a lot by selling many of the games/consoles)

And don't even think fast growing economy means we're rich. The country IS rich. But it has one of the worst distributions of the currency. With all this money you'd expect the country to be ten times better than it currently is.

yeah. i've haerd Brazil ASKED for this whole WC thing to be here. like, do they have no foresight?
---
"Clones are bad!" "Tier Lists don't exist!" ... really now? >_>
#24DreTam2000Posted 2/22/2014 8:01:30 AM
Bahamut_10th posted...
DreTam2000 posted...
Bahamut_10th posted...
guedesbrawl posted...

Can you elaborate?

Oh I see. Thanks for your elaboration. I didn't understand how the situation in Brazil related to the original post, though. In any case, hey, at least you guys have the Miss Bum Bum pageants there. Ha ha...

And if by some chance you don't know what that is despite being a Brazil resident, I advise you to head to Google and look up these keywords: "Miss Bum Bum Brazil 2013." You're in for a treat.