Won't be going back to Gamestop any time soon..

#1pedigreehhh1088Posted 2/21/2014 10:48:10 PM
So I work right across the hall from a Gamestop, and today I went to pick up DKC:TF. I go to the counter ask for it and get asked if I have a pre order which I replied no because I didn't know where I'd get it from. I tell the employee it's a gift from my fiancee and that I'm using her card. She has me swipe it and charges the card then asks for my id which I reply I told you it isn't my card we live in the same house we can call her to verify. She very angrily snarls at me that she can't sell it to me. At this point I'm livid because she already charged her card and now I have to wait like a week for the money to go back on the card. I walked into Target tonight got the game and walked out within two minutes with absolutely no problem. **** Gamestop that is the last time I let convenience let me shop at a dumphole also why the **** would I pre order a game that isn't going to sell out?!
#2king_maddenPosted 2/21/2014 11:10:21 PM
so because she pretty much did what she was suppose to do, (other than charging the card first, even though she corrected it), she pissed you off?

if i take your debit card, should i be able to go into a store and say "its my friends we can call him if you want."?
#3Sir_HaxorPosted 2/21/2014 11:12:45 PM
king_madden posted...
so because she pretty much did what she was suppose to do, (other than charging the card first, even though she corrected it), she pissed you off?

if i take your debit card, should i be able to go into a store and say "its my friends we can call him if you want."?

She shouldn't have charged it though. That's her error. TC's error was going to Gamestop to begin with.
---
Half naked teenage demon boy is as good as it gets- MetaLoki
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the SMTIV board
#4robomagonPosted 2/21/2014 11:16:06 PM
If you told her it wasn't your card first then she should never have charged it. So she was stupid. You're also stupid for trying to use someone elses card though.
---
DO NOT WRITE BELOW THIS LINE
#5king_maddenPosted 2/21/2014 11:22:09 PM
Sir_Haxor posted...
king_madden posted...

She shouldn't have charged it though. That's her error. TC's error was going to Gamestop to begin with.

it was her error, but again, she recognized it and then corrected it. its not like the money is forever lost.
#6SquareSidePosted 2/22/2014 12:27:04 AM
Sir_Haxor posted...
king_madden posted...

---
PSN XBL n'' - SquareSide
True 3DS Ambassador. Not a scrub who came in late and saved a buck.
#7IokuaPosted 2/22/2014 12:33:49 AM
Imaginary trip to Gamestop. Oooh, how anti consumer of them.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#8sonic777Posted 2/22/2014 12:34:46 AM
pedigreehhh1088 posted...
She very angrily snarls at me that she can't sell it to me.

I'm sure she did.
---
ZeroArchery posted... I know, I missed the 1 on my keyboard. 3DS stayed at 2.7 Million for its first year. Wii U already passed it.
#9Al-UzzaPosted 2/22/2014 12:47:58 AM
TC is 10 years old.
#10cmincPosted 2/22/2014 1:02:45 AM
So, youre buying a gift for someone with their own card, then?

Classy.
---
MSI Z87-G45 | I7-4771 Turbo | GTX 770 4GB GDDR5 | Corsair HX 850W |
Kingston Hyper X 8GB DDR3 | Seagate 1TB 128 MB Cache HD | RS Challenger Case |