Won't be going back to Gamestop any time soon..

#21TullyBlanchardPosted 2/22/2014 7:29:49 AM
This guy definitely doesn't have a fiancÚ and probably has never entered a woman.

#fakefiancetopic
---
Follow Me! @Dagatassy - Nintendo Network ID: Dagatassy
#22mhayes86Posted 2/22/2014 7:50:37 AM
Dark_Link92 posted...
kaliskonig posted...
Waluigi1 posted...
I've never once had someone ask for my ID at GS...

Have you ever used a credit/debit card at gamestop?

Wait, they ask for ID when using a debit card? The hell is that? I have never had that happen anywhere. Is that an American thing? I've openly told store people I was using my sister's card before and they never give a crap.

It really depends on where you go and/or who is working at the register. I haven't been asked for my ID in a long time, but it does happen, particularly when the signature on the back begins to fade.

As for TC, the employee must have not been paying attention to you when you said it was someone else's card; she was going through her robotic motions of selling a game and upon charging it and asking for your ID, it clicked. To be honest, besides charging the card after informing her it wasn't yours, I would be happy knowing that somone refused another person from using my card.

Can't stand Gamestop? Stick to Amazon, they've never let me down and their customer service has been great for me over the years.
#23Crazy555672Posted 2/22/2014 8:15:13 AM
My girlfriend and I use each others debit card all the time.

I used to use my parents debit card when they asked me to pick up something at the grocery store when I still lived with them.

I have never, ever, ever had any problem using someone's debit card at any store as long as I have been told the pin number for it.
#24Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 2/22/2014 8:45:19 AM
Dark_Link92 posted...
kaliskonig posted...
Waluigi1 posted...

Wait, they ask for ID when using a debit card? The hell is that? I have never had that happen anywhere. Is that an American thing? I've openly told store people I was using my sister's card before and they never give a crap.

No. At least they shouldn't. You can use any debit card you want as long as you know the pin.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17oodar3kvfbjjpg/original.jpg
#25pigkiller_77Posted 2/22/2014 8:55:48 AM
There seems to be an awful lot of posters who have girlfriends who are not only ok with gaming, but willing to buy the games for their man. Either this whole thread is bunk, or I've been picking up girls from the wrong places.
---
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and have their shoes.
#26GunntyrPosted 2/22/2014 9:00:07 AM
I don't suppose you live in NYC OP? Only other time I was asked for ID for a credit card was there.
#27Dr_KainPosted 2/22/2014 9:03:15 AM
So you used your wife's card at Target? And people wonder why Target just had their computers hacked back in Dec.
---
Welcome to GameFAQs, where having an opinion is a declaration of war.
#28amadeofan1Posted 2/22/2014 9:10:14 AM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Dark_Link92 posted...
kaliskonig posted...
Waluigi1 posted...

No. At least they shouldn't. You can use any debit card you want as long as you know the pin.

Any store where they handle your card they're supposed to ask for ID. If you use the pad and do everything yourself they shouldn't ask for ID.
---
I got in trouble on Gamefaqs for the word "cracker". It was bad enough to put me on probation
#29Dr_KainPosted 2/22/2014 9:10:28 AM
pigkiller_77 posted...
There seems to be an awful lot of posters who have girlfriends who are not only ok with gaming, but willing to buy the games for their man. Either this whole thread is bunk, or I've been picking up girls from the wrong places.

My girlfriend is an avid gamer, anime viewer, and manga reader. Her favorite games are Persona 3, Kingdom Hearts, Batman Arkham Asylum, and Danggon Ronpa.
---
Welcome to GameFAQs, where having an opinion is a declaration of war.
#30Dux_XPosted 2/22/2014 10:06:47 AM
Dr_Kain posted...
pigkiller_77 posted...

My girlfriend is an avid gamer, anime viewer, and manga reader. Her favorite games are Persona 3, Kingdom Hearts, Batman Arkham Asylum, and Danggon Ronpa.

We didn't need to know how ugly she is.
---
"I'm going to shave...too"-Mitch Hedberg
R.I.P Mitch Hedberg (1968-2005)