Is the wii u the only next gen system with limited demos?

#1shaunmePosted 2/22/2014 2:44:57 AM
I own both a Wii u and a ps4 and every demo I have tried on the wii u have had limited uses.I haven't seen any demos on ps4 with this restriction yet,also does the xbox one have demos that are limited?.
---
Nintendo Hater http://i.imgur.com/ZpP0EsD.jpg plea se understand cat mario..please understand kranky kong..please understand....china
NNID:shaunme1
#2AwayFromHerePosted 2/22/2014 2:47:14 AM
No. Nintendo is the only one that does limited demos, and it's f***Ing stupid.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#3CubeTVPosted 2/22/2014 2:48:58 AM
^It's only the Wii U and 3DS that does. The WiiWare demos back on the Wii didn't have limits. It's much worse on the 3DS since Nintendo actually gives out demos of its games (unlike Wii U).
---
YouTube: www.Youtube.com/AdNintendogs
#4Valor_PhoenixPosted 2/22/2014 2:54:23 AM
PS+ had limited full game demos on the PS3. Basically you get an hour of gameplay of the full game.

With Playstation Now, they might do something like that on the PS4 using Now streaming.
---
~ PSN ID: ValorPhoenix ~ Raven [ / . \ ] Hubris
"There are more defective users than defective systems."
#5its_mattPosted 2/22/2014 3:00:07 AM
Valor_Phoenix posted...
PS+ had limited full game demos on the PS3. Basically you get an hour of gameplay of the full game.

With Playstation Now, they might do something like that on the PS4 using Now streaming.

That is a time limited version of the full game, we are never getting anything like that from Nintendo
#6shaunme(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2014 3:19:15 AM
Valor_Phoenix posted...

yeah I think that is completely different, I fact I think that the full game trial is alot more generous than a demo, although I am yet to use this feature.
---
Nintendo Hater http://i.imgur.com/ZpP0EsD.jpg plea se understand cat mario..please understand kranky kong..please understand....china
NNID:shaunme1
#7n00bsaib0tPosted 2/22/2014 4:26:49 AM
AwayFromHere posted...

False. But you can't acknowledge what others do if you want to make Nintendo look bad, right?
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#8bartz90Posted 2/22/2014 4:30:16 AM
shaunme posted...
Valor_Phoenix posted...

yeah I think that is completely different, I fact I think that the full game trial is alot more generous than a demo, although I am yet to use this feature.

Yeah it's sort of cool but I could never bring myself to download files that big for something I could only use for an hour. Demos last forever, and I keep ones I like for games I didn't get yet. To download a trial it would have to be something I already really want.

n00bsaib0t posted...
AwayFromHere posted...

False. But you can't acknowledge what others do if you want to make Nintendo look bad, right?

Who else does?
---
-
#9JackalPosted 2/22/2014 4:39:40 AM
shaunme posted...
Valor_Phoenix posted...

I've used the feature to get a Mass Effect save on my PS3 that was needed to unlock the N7 armor in Dead Space 3.

Most demos are also region free. I just downloaded the Yakuza demo from the JPN store yesterday for the PS4. I have aslo played demos from the EU and HK stored too. But I think the only region locked demo that I've run across was the MG Rising demo.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#10nouseravailablePosted 2/22/2014 4:41:06 AM
Cmon guys! The purpose of a demo is to... ok, ok... there is no way i can make that feature look good /walk away from the topic.

Jackal posted...
Most demos are also region free. I just downloaded the Yakuza demo from the JPN store yesterday for the PS4. I have aslo played demos from the EU and HK stored too. But I think the only region locked demo that I've run across was the MG Rising demo.

Is there a ps3 Yakuza demo?
---
NP: Im not sure...
3DS: 0619-3048-6154 (add me for friend safari)