Nintendo Job To Sell Other Companies' Games? RANT

#1QlJGamerPosted 2/22/2014 5:32:33 AM
The Following has poor grammar, I am up late for some reason and can not go to sleep. After talking to one of my friends about the Playstation 4 selling more games than Wii u even through the Wii u has more systems out led me here. of course you will find grammar mistakes and other similar things.

Since when was it Nintendo’s Job to sell a certain version of a game that another company made.

I have been seeing some comments like its Nintendo fault for the third-party Wii U version sales. This is completely false, it is not Nintendo’s Job to promote anyone’s game but there owns really.

Yes it makes sense for Nintendo to want exclusive games like Sonic Lost Worlds and Wonderful 101 to sale well and support them but not multiplatform games.

Nintendo is a console manufacturer, so they license their system out for other developers to make games on and make money. Yes I understand Nintendo would want their partners to have healthy sale working with them and whatnot.

But it is not Nintendo’s fault if Call of Duty sells bad on Wii U. A good third-party developer would make their game good on all the systems they made it for and promote them all.

That is not how it is working with the Wii U multiplatform games. Third-Parties are doing absolute zero to promote their Wii U version of the game. Xbox & PlayStation get their own special commercials and advertisement.

Remember that Call of Duty Wii U commercial you saw? What about all the talks about the Wii U version of Assassin Creed Black Flag? Remember they keep saying it was the Next Gen version and all that… No you don’t remember anyone promoting the Wii U version of their game? When Xbox One and Playstation 4 were ushered in they were getting BUY THE NEXT GEN VERSION… The definitive version, with this and that extra. What was said about the Wii U version?

Another thing, releasing at a later date? You expect an old as game everyone already play to sell like hot cakes?

You have to sell your game, and developers are simply not selling their game to Wii U owners. If they are its probably a different version for xbox or playstation (some wii u owners own other systems too).
The same thing is happening with the Xbox One right now, the playstation 4 versions are getting all the
good attention and love, so of course it going to sell more.

Xbox 360 version got more love they sold more
Playstation 2 version got more love they sold more

Stop acting like Wii U owners don’t buy third-party just because, Third-party do a piss-poor job on selling their wii u versions of games. If your game is good and advertise it is going to sell, but I am not going to buy the Wii U version of such game if everything is better on Playstation 3 or Xbox One. Give me something, at least make it equal. AND advertise!
---
Quite Intelligent Judging
#2legendaryhero99Posted 2/22/2014 5:44:59 AM(edited)
I agree with all your points. It's unfortunate that everyone and their mother blames Nintendo for the fault of the Wii U when its not all their fault. It also really bugs me when third parties don't treat the multiplatform titles the same. I have not seen a SINGLE collector's edition of a multi platform game for the Wii U. Why is that? Why does the WIi U not get certain DLC when you pre-order but everyone else does? If third parties stopped treating the Wii U crowd like it was an entirely different person I could see Wii U selling better (or at least more titles).
---
psn:jamjamthelegend 3DS:: 1891-1182-4953 NNID: Yakuza_Hachiman
http://backloggery.com/legendaryhero99
#3CyricsServantPosted 2/22/2014 5:44:57 AM
QlJGamer posted...
Since when was it Nintendo’s Job to sell a certain version of a game that another company made.

Since Nintendo wants third parties to go through the time and expense of developing games for its proprietary system, and because Nintendo expects third parties to pay a royalty to it for each game sold, it seems to me that Nintendo should put forth some effort to promote/woo third parties.

I'm not saying that Nintendo is responsible for third party sales, but it's certainly in Nintendo's best interest for third parties to prosper on its systems.
#4QlJGamer(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2014 6:06:10 AM(edited)
CyricsServant posted...
QlJGamer posted...

Since Nintendo wants third parties to go through the time and expense of developing games for its proprietary system, and because Nintendo expects third parties to pay a royalty to it for each game sold, it seems to me that Nintendo should put forth some effort to promote/woo third parties.

I'm not saying that Nintendo is responsible for third party sales, but it's certainly in Nintendo's best interest for third parties to prosper on its systems.

Are you telling me, Nintendo should help pay for the development cost of the Wii U version of games. The situation is not that dire and that would make absolutely no sense on Nintendo part.If that the case if they are going to spend money, they mind as well go for 3rd-Party exclusives.

EDIT

Wow things have most definitely changed third-parties and indies are more important then ever. Third-parties used to be the slaves to Nintendo and Sega. Now Playstation gave them more freedom and Xbox is even paying them....
---
Quite Intelligent Judging
#5CyricsServantPosted 2/22/2014 6:35:58 AM
QlJGamer posted...
CyricsServant posted...
QlJGamer posted...

Are you telling me, Nintendo should help pay for the development cost of the Wii U version of games. The situation is not that dire and that would make absolutely no sense on Nintendo part.If that the case if they are going to spend money, they mind as well go for 3rd-Party exclusives.

EDIT

Wow things have most definitely changed third-parties and indies are more important then ever. Third-parties used to be the slaves to Nintendo and Sega. Now Playstation gave them more freedom and Xbox is even paying them....

I never suggested a solution. There are a plethora of options available to Nintendo (e.g. listening to third party feedback when developing their next system, improving their online marketplace, temporarily suspending or lowering their royalty fee, etc.)

Just because third parties "used to be the slaves" of Nintendo doesn't mean they're obligated to develop content for Nintendo's proprietary hardware.
#6sonicsonicPosted 2/22/2014 6:49:39 AM
Agreed. It seems bizarre that people feel that Nintendo should be held accountable for when 3rd parties don't release their titles on a Nintendo system or release DLC for said system. Nintendo get blasted for not having enough 3rd party exclusives or having a childish image, so they purchase exclusive rights to Bayonetta 2 and it makes little difference.
---
3DS FC:0688-5946-1084 Pokemon TSV-4026 IGN: Jack
#7CyricsServantPosted 2/22/2014 7:12:19 AM
sonicsonic posted...
Agreed. It seems bizarre that people feel that Nintendo should be held accountable for when 3rd parties don't release their titles on a Nintendo system or release DLC for said system. Nintendo get blasted for not having enough 3rd party exclusives or having a childish image, so they purchase exclusive rights to Bayonetta 2 and it makes little difference.

Obviously Nintendo should be held accountable. Why should consumers buy Nintendo's hardware if there aren't enough games they want on said hardware?

It seems silly to me to suggest otherwise.
#8FayeLadyPosted 2/22/2014 7:18:19 AM
Its not directly Nintendo's fault for poor third party performance, its indirectly their fault for having such a poor ecosystem in place that third party games are unable to flourish. If it were only a portion of third parties having this issue it would be one thing, but its a majority if not all.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#9sonicsonicPosted 2/22/2014 7:20:17 AM
CyricsServant posted...
sonicsonic posted...

Obviously Nintendo should be held accountable. Why should consumers buy Nintendo's hardware if there aren't enough games they want on said hardware?

It seems silly to me to suggest otherwise.

Nintendo make an effort to acquire new 3rd party exclusive titles. Bayonetta 2, Sonic: Lost World, Sonic Boom, W101, Rayman (was going to be originally). Collaborations with other developers for games like Hyrule Warriors and FExSMT. Things like this typically get ignored.
---
3DS FC:0688-5946-1084 Pokemon TSV-4026 IGN: Jack
#10jamesflames82Posted 2/22/2014 7:29:44 AM
Here's a better question that you should ask TC. Why is it that 3rd parties don't do well on Nintendo systems in the past, and the trend has gotten even worse w/ the Wii U?
---
Gamertag: Calvin AG