So people want Nintendo to try new things...

#1Larsa_BritdorPosted 2/22/2014 5:09:59 AM
And Nintendo tries new thing by experimenting with games, some low budget some not, and people dismiss them for the experimentation in the gameplay, because instead they want games that play exactly like other games they already have...

Then when Nintendo DOESN'T experiments that much, people complain they rehash too much.

So what exactly do people want? I tell you.
When they say they want Nintendo to stop rehashing and try new things they're really trying to say they want the company to do exactly the same things Sony, MS and a bunch of mainstream 3rd party companies do with their games.

So they don't want Nintendo to try new things. They want them to rehash other companies' game ideas instead. They want some Elder Scrolls or Witcher like hyper realistic Zelda game or a dark themed Mario game with deep story...

And you still wonder why Nintendo doesn't listen to you...
---
Oi Oi Oi Oi Oi Oi Oi Oi Oi Oi Oi Oi Oi
#2QlJGamerPosted 2/22/2014 5:14:52 AM
People want the next big Zelda, Mario or Donkey Kong. It just no one is willing to risk the money on a new IP like that, the people who are are getting supported through.
---
Quite Intelligent Judging
#3GigerSupremePosted 2/22/2014 5:19:24 AM
im all for experimentation, but these things require timing.

example- back when re4 came out, just before it the refans got to have the REmake and re0. two classic style resident evil games, plus ports of re2,3 and cod veronica. all of this in the span of a few years. so when re4 came out, everyone felt that because it was different it was a breath of fresh air.

i think putting our an experimental mario game is a fine idea now considering we just got mario 3d world.
#4Oni_TaedoPosted 2/22/2014 5:21:36 AM
It's probably a good thing Nintendo doesn't listen.

I mean, sure, if they did, we probably would have gotten a new F-Zero by now, and Punch Out!! 64 would probably have been a thing (that controller would have been perfect for it); at the same time, every one else seems to think they know Nintendo's franchises better than Nintendo.

Here's a newsflash, you don't.
We have dark Zelda games. Gratuitous violence and nudity =/= dark.
Not saying that Witcher ISN'T dark, it's just that nudity and gore isn't WHY it's dark.

A darker, deeper Mario could work. I mean, Thousand Year Door had it's moments. Super Mario RPG did, too (seriously... no anime? Like... SMRPG would have made the PERFECT anime. And an animated series would probably help bring Mario back into the spotlight).

People tend to forget that Metroid, Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem, Mother, and Kirby are all quite dark at times (yes, Kirby). Hell, even Donkey Kong Country has some dark moments (in terms of atmosphere).
---
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheVGViking
#5Oni_TaedoPosted 2/22/2014 5:26:41 AM
GigerSupreme posted...

example- back when re4 came out, just before it the refans got to have the REmake and re0. two classic style resident evil games, plus ports of re2,3 and cod veronica. all of this in the span of a few years. so when re4 came out, everyone felt that because it was different it was a breath of fresh air.

i think putting our an experimental mario game is a fine idea now considering we just got mario 3d world.

^ This.

But then again, how can you CHANGE Mario?

Make it open world?

Actually, that would be a neat experiment. Try to make a game with absolutely no loading screens; so that way you can have a seamless world. Perhaps make it so that the game also loads content from a cloud storage to help with larger sections of the game. Would be a neat thing to see.
---
#6WildsparkPosted 2/22/2014 5:29:06 AM
Oni_Taedo posted...
GigerSupreme posted...

^ This.

Make it open world?

Actually, that would be a neat experiment. Try to make a game with absolutely no loading screens; so that way you can have a seamless world. Perhaps make it so that the game also loads content from a cloud storage to help with larger sections of the game. Would be a neat thing to see.

Didn't jak and daxter do that?
---
I'm an idiot savant, didn't you know?- Shawn Hunter
#7Oni_TaedoPosted 2/22/2014 5:32:24 AM
Wildspark posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...
GigerSupreme posted...

^ This.

Make it open world?

No, I think I recall some load times.
Mind you, it's been nearly 8 years since I last played Jak and Daxter, so I may be wrong.
---
#8WildsparkPosted 2/22/2014 5:35:19 AM
Oni_Taedo posted...
Wildspark posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...
GigerSupreme posted...

^ This.

Make it open world?

No, I think I recall some load times.
Mind you, it's been nearly 8 years since I last played Jak and Daxter, so I may be wrong.

I'm pretty sure that all of the areas in the game are connected and you can walk to all of them. The only time that you see load screens is when you use the teleporter, and it doesn't take that long.
---
I'm an idiot savant, didn't you know?- Shawn Hunter
#9room temperaturePosted 2/22/2014 5:36:39 AM
I think we should be not asking Nintendo for just new things but interesting things. 3d World was interesting, a new Ip that plays just like DKC returns or NSMB sure it's a new IP but not interesting. If its a new IP, a recycled IP that's been dormant or one of the ones in current heavy rotation doesn't matter just be interesting
---
she got screwed up by religion. she got screwed by soccer players. she got high for the first time in the camps down by the banks of the mississippi river.
#10sonicsonicPosted 2/22/2014 5:38:25 AM
It's a vicious circle. A good example could be Iwata or even Miyamoto. Iwata made a success out of Wii, DS and 3DS, WiiU flops and people now believe he is one of the worst CEO's. Miyamoto creates franchises that aren't only famous among gamers, but pop culture. Then makes Wii Music and PM:SS he is branded completely out of touch.

I think fans in general need to be open to the idea that trying new things means a few failures along the way.
---
3DS FC:0688-5946-1084 Pokemon TSV-4026 IGN: Jack