So people want Nintendo to try new things...

#11zado19Posted 2/22/2014 6:21:41 AM
sonicsonic posted...
Miyamoto creates franchises that aren't only famous among gamers, but pop culture. Then makes Wii Music and PM:SS he is branded completely out of touch.

even though i HATE what happened to Sticker Star.... he still deserves MAJOR clout in the gaming world

i dont know of anyone in the gaming realm that has been perfect every and all the time

ALL companies have dropped the ball.... a number of times
---
FC: 2449-5775-0135 Pokemon IGN: Madness
The 3rd Party Wall of Shame - http://pietriots.com/2010/12/17/the-3rd-party-wall-of-shame/
#12PokejedservoPosted 2/22/2014 6:35:22 AM
Ah yes for years Nintendo's games have been known for having complaints like "Its too different from before!" and "Its too much like before!". Examples from the former would be Zelda 2 the Adventure of Link, Legend of Zelda the Wind Waker, Super Mario Bros 2 USA and Super Mario Sunshine. Examples for the latter would be for Legend of ZeldaTwilight Princess and almost any given recent Mario Game.
---
Behind The Voice- http://behindthevoiceactors.com/
My VA Resume Site: http://pokejedservovoiceactingresume.wetpaint.com/
#13GigerSupremePosted 2/22/2014 11:45:23 AM
give a 3D mario game elements of adventure games. get rid of the design of how levels are seperated, instead have all the levels connected and take advantage of the wiiu power for large and expansive environments. make it open ended. add some elements from metroid and zelda in terms of exploration.
#14Larsa_Britdor(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2014 6:33:30 AM
sonicsonic posted...
It's a vicious circle. A good example could be Iwata or even Miyamoto. Iwata made a success out of Wii, DS and 3DS, WiiU flops and people now believe he is one of the worst CEO's. Miyamoto creates franchises that aren't only famous among gamers, but pop culture. Then makes Wii Music and PM:SS he is branded completely out of touch.

I think fans in general need to be open to the idea that trying new things means a few failures along the way.

Miyamoto didn't create Paper Mario...

SS became what it is because IS were insecure fools and changed the game just because Miyamoto gave his opinion
---
Oi Oi Oi Oi Oi Oi Oi Oi Oi Oi Oi Oi Oi
#15NovaLevossidaPosted 2/23/2014 6:48:58 AM
People don't want new things. They want good new things. Being new for the sake of being new isn't a good selling point. There's been plenty of new IPs last gen that have seen success because they were quality products. And there have been plenty of failures because they were just new things without new ideas. Nintendo or any other company doesn't get a free pass just for making something new.
---
I think the launch of other video game systems is also good for us - Iwata of Nintendo
the playstation 2 sure helped dreamcast - magemaximus
#16sharinaginPosted 2/23/2014 12:50:39 PM(edited)
Pokejedservo posted...
Examples for the latter would be for Legend of ZeldaTwilight Princess

Ah yes, a 3D Zelda game with a dark and light world where you have an obnoxious helper with you throughout the game and first you do the first three dungeons and then you get the master sword and then do some more dungeons then you go fight Ganon. Truly an exceptionally new idea.

Unless you mean the waggle combat that the game got delayed for a year because of so there would be a big title at the Wii's launch.
---
Our knowledge has made us cynical. Our cleverness, hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery we need humanity.
#17GigerSupremePosted 2/23/2014 1:33:07 PM
NovaLevossida posted...
People don't want new things. They want good new things. Being new for the sake of being new isn't a good selling point. There's been plenty of new IPs last gen that have seen success because they were quality products. And there have been plenty of failures because they were just new things without new ideas. Nintendo or any other company doesn't get a free pass just for making something new.

"they want good things"

thats all.
#18PokejedservoPosted 2/23/2014 3:16:19 PM
sharinagin posted...
Pokejedservo posted...
Examples for the latter would be for Legend of ZeldaTwilight Princess

Ah yes, a 3D Zelda game with a dark and light world where you have an obnoxious helper with you throughout the game and first you do the first three dungeons and then you get the master sword and then do some more dungeons then you go fight Ganon. Truly an exceptionally new idea.

Unless you mean the waggle combat that the game got delayed for a year because of so there would be a big title at the Wii's launch.

Actually I referred to that game as "the latter" namely games that people have complained to be "too much like before" so in other words I am aware of that.
---
Behind The Voice- http://behindthevoiceactors.com/
My VA Resume Site: http://pokejedservovoiceactingresume.wetpaint.com/
#19SSJ4CHRISPosted 2/23/2014 3:37:28 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#20EndgamePosted 2/23/2014 4:27:50 PM

this person gets it
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert