How to get the damn system to work?!!?

#1bababoinsPosted 2/22/2014 6:22:15 PM
Welp, I bought a wii u. I played it. Then I played a wii game. Then I tried to play a wii u game and the friggin screen is black. Can't force restart the system and the big 'ol screen controller thingy wont work cause its in wii mode instead of wii u mode. WTF OVER!?

Any suggestions appreciated.
#2CranberryPSOPosted 2/22/2014 6:23:30 PM
Press and hold the power button on the WiiU itself. That should force it to shut off and allow you to restart it.
---
Best quest to fight tons of Canadians really fast? ~HaienLai
Topics won: 3
#3bababoins(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2014 6:26:49 PM
ya, i held that SOB for like a minute. Nuthin
#4CranberryPSOPosted 2/22/2014 6:36:23 PM
In that case just pull the power cable. That will force it to power off.
---
Best quest to fight tons of Canadians really fast? ~HaienLai
Topics won: 3
#5b1gt0nePosted 2/22/2014 6:37:57 PM
Lol
#6Lemmywinks13Posted 2/22/2014 6:38:07 PM
bababoins posted...
Welp, I bought a wii u. I played it. Then I played a wii game. Then I tried to play a wii u game and the friggin screen is black. Can't force restart the system and the big 'ol screen controller thingy wont work cause its in wii mode instead of wii u mode. WTF OVER!?

Yeah you just have to pull the plug. Happens from time to time on every system I've ever owned, you just got unlucky and had it happen day one lol.
#7NikraPosted 2/22/2014 7:22:32 PM(edited)
Lemmywinks13 posted...
bababoins posted...

Yeah you just have to pull the plug. Happens from time to time on every system I've ever owned, you just got unlucky and had it happen day one lol.

Not good enough: You might have to leave it unplugged for about an hour. Just to be sure.
And remember to unplug it from both the Wii U and the wall socket. That's important.
#8ArchsazePosted 2/22/2014 7:29:18 PM
Nikra posted...
Lemmywinks13 posted...
bababoins posted...

Not good enough: You might have to leave it unplugged for about an hour. Just to be sure.
And remember to unplug it from both the Wii U and the wall socket. That's important.

This. You may have experienced a surge. The giant brick protects the console, but you have to let it sit.
---
The wall dividing life and death...it is so thin. It's protectors so few, but for so few, such terrible strength do we possess. - Galahad, The Order 1886