How optimistic are you about Zelda WiiU?

#1sketchturnerPosted 2/23/2014 4:55:56 PM
How optimistic are you about Zelda WiiU? - Results (317 votes)
It will be awesome!!
49.84% (158 votes)
I am very cautiously optimistic.
30.6% (97 votes)
I don't expect it to be very good, but I hope to be wrong.
12.3% (39 votes)
It will be bad.
7.26% (23 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Just curious what people's expectations are at this point.
---
The last Metroid is in captivity. The galaxy is at peace.
#2InhorealistiPosted 2/23/2014 4:58:00 PM
After skyward sword, i don't expect it to be very good.
#3OfficerJeffreyPosted 2/23/2014 4:58:20 PM
I enjoyed what I played of SS, forgot why I didn't finish but something I really want for the series is to make some dramatic changes. I feel as though the fanbase is what's holding it back.
---
Oh he so Pringles where yo curleh mustache at!?
#4NovaLevossidaPosted 2/23/2014 5:00:38 PM
It's a rather stagnant series. They'll try new art styles and throw in a new gimmick / gameplay choice every now and then (boat travel, train travel, motion controls, playing up nostalgia, etc.), but it never feels fresh. I'm expecting it to be of suitable quality, but I don't expect it to amaze me.
---
I think the launch of other video game systems is also good for us - Iwata of Nintendo
the playstation 2 sure helped dreamcast - magemaximus
#5Shadowbird_RHPosted 2/23/2014 5:01:42 PM
I've been playing them since the NES, and I've yet to play a Zelda I didn't like. I expect this trend to continue.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#6darklink67Posted 2/23/2014 5:09:50 PM
Skyward Sword lowered my expectation for zelda games dramatically. Not very optimistic at all.
#7rindainPosted 2/23/2014 5:16:38 PM
I'm very afraid that it'll use a bland, repetitive art style like the NSMB series and Tropical Freeze, since simple graphics seems to be Nintendo's MO these days...
#8JonbazookabozPosted 2/23/2014 5:20:51 PM
You all know it has the biggest nintendo development and production team ever assembled working on it and is the most expensive game Nintendo had ever made- right?
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
#9InhorealistiPosted 2/23/2014 5:28:55 PM
Jonbazookaboz posted...
You all know it has the biggest nintendo development and production team ever assembled working on it and is the most expensive game Nintendo had ever made- right?

Well kinda different situation now than before. Besides they probably will ruin game with gimmick controls.
#10rindainPosted 2/23/2014 6:54:26 PM
I really, really hope the game is less cartoony than Skyward Sword (man I hated how those goblins looked).

If it IS cartoony, it should go all-out cartoon like Wind Waker, not some awkward halfbreed like SS.