Will Nintendo ever publish a game on the same calibur as Last of Us/Uncharted?

#1StorracPosted 2/23/2014 5:41:11 PM
Do you think they will? - Results (480 votes)
They have already
64.17% (308 votes)
Yes, one day.
9.17% (44 votes)
No, never.
26.67% (128 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I think Retro Studios will do something like that in a few years. Seeing as they have former Naughty Dog employees with them now and they may be getting Irrational employees as well. It would be a shame to waste them on something they have no clue how to develop.
---
3DS Friend Code: 4553-9960-4244
Bayonetta for Smash! Those who agree: 1
#2random_man9119Posted 2/23/2014 5:54:50 PM
Genuine question (I swear):

What's so great about Last of Us... Lot of people I know never shut up about, even sounding confused when I say I haven't played it, but what I've seen of it, it just looks average... I'm not saying it is average, just my opnion...

Is it a "you have to play to know thing?" Because I'm not willing to drop the $60 on it of that's the case...
---
PSN: Des-Nos|3DS FC: 1375 7442 7348
NNID: MrOddities|ACNL: Odd from Utopia
#3NovaLevossidaPosted 2/23/2014 5:57:09 PM
They have. The real question is, will they again?
---
I think the launch of other video game systems is also good for us - Iwata of Nintendo
the playstation 2 sure helped dreamcast - magemaximus
#4yeti44Posted 2/23/2014 5:59:20 PM
IMO Animal Crossing New Leaf already is.
---
Nintendo stock 12,165
Sony stock 1,765
#5DarkAdonis123Posted 2/23/2014 6:00:22 PM
I have Last of Us, and I think that game is as overrated as they come.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#6WildsparkPosted 2/23/2014 6:01:22 PM
random_man9119 posted...

What's so great about Last of Us... Lot of people I know never shut up about, even sounding confused when I say I haven't played it, but what I've seen of it, it just looks average... I'm not saying it is average, just my opnion...

Is it a "you have to play to know thing?" Because I'm not willing to drop the $60 on it of that's the case...

The characters are endearing (well, one of them is), the dialogue is well written, the mood is creepy and the encounters with bad guys can get intense because certain zombies can kill you with one touch. Instead of just running in guns blazing like you do in most games, you have to use stealth to take down enemies because the zombies rely on their sense of hearing. I usually hate zombie stuff, but the last of us is cool. The ending was really good as well.
---
I'm an idiot savant, didn't you know?- Shawn Hunter
#7Demon_AckerPosted 2/23/2014 6:01:48 PM
Soul Calibur 6
---
http://i.minus.com/iTBEmtq51B2ie.gif http://i.minus.com/ibxZBsrHJIljjP.gif http://i.minus.com/i1TgYGVJ7b8KZ.gif
#8king_maddenPosted 2/23/2014 6:03:50 PM
random_man9119 posted...

It's like any other game that's regarded as great, there are some who will love it, and some who will hate it. If you like a good story, and that kind of setting its a good chance you will like it
#9Oni_TaedoPosted 2/23/2014 6:14:21 PM
random_man9119 posted...

Do you like good story telling? Then you might like it.

Do you like good gameplay? If so, you might not care much for it.

It's a very story over gameplay kind of game, and it's not ashamed to hide it. Anyone who says they enjoyed the gameplay, would probably be pleased if you threw them any other mediocre third person shooter. But the story is where the game shines. While it may be one of the biggest wastes of a perfectly good $60 out there, it's probably one of the best things you'll ever watch on Youtube.

Watch it, don't play it.
I cannot stress how below average the game is.
Literally every stealth game of note in the past decade, does stealth better than TLoU. Arkham, Hitman, Tomb Raider did it better. Hell, the terrible stealth sections in VANILLA Ninja Gaiden 3, were better.

If you use stealth, the game becomes a joke. AI is as smart as soggy bread.
---
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheVGViking
#10BloodychessPosted 2/23/2014 6:19:35 PM
DarkAdonis123 posted...
I have Last of Us, and I think that game is as overrated as they come.

Agreed, but I don't believe it is a bad game by any means. It's quite good. It just it has a really annoying fan base.
---
-40 degree wind chill for the next two days?
IT'S THE SON OF POLAR VORTEX!