How far did your jaw drop when you got to Grassland Groove in DKTF?

#41RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2014 8:58:55 PM
Pyroserge posted...
RahzarX posted...
guedesbrawl posted...
level looks awesome. music sucked though. it's the genre i guess.

It's definitely an acquired taste.

Like prog rock or whiskey.

Shouldn't say it sucks though, it's just not for you.

I thought the music fit the level. Very Lion King like.

That's what I was sayin! When I had Kranky with me it was like Rafiki was guiding me to the great beyond!
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#42PyrosergePosted 2/23/2014 9:08:05 PM
I had Dixie with me unfortunately/fortunately. The level design and music in this game is great IMO.
---
GT:Vlad The Bunny PSN:VladTheRabbit
NNID:VladTheBunny 3ds Fc:3265-5072-1856
#43Joey-ZazaPosted 2/26/2014 8:36:59 AM
Pyroserge posted...
RahzarX posted...
guedesbrawl posted...
level looks awesome. music sucked though. it's the genre i guess.

It's definitely an acquired taste.

Like prog rock or whiskey.

Shouldn't say it sucks though, it's just not for you.

I thought the music fit the level. Very Lion King like.

I got the same vibe. I didn't say anything out loud then my fiance was like "I'm getting a strong Lion King vibe." Then we started laughing and singing the lion king.

Then I slapped her right in the face.
---
"I guess you could say I BLUE... myself!" - Tobias Funke
-StarTropics- -Golden Sun- -Ocarina of Time-
#44Project MayhemPosted 2/26/2014 9:23:20 AM
Not nearly as far as my jaw dropped when I popped in Barbie Dream House Party for the first time.
---
Your body are a bomb. Now... you die!
#45Rasputin77Posted 2/26/2014 9:32:20 AM
RahzarX posted...
i dont think you actually play games...

Haha. From "I didn't have the same experience as you", straight to "I don't think you play games".

I'm almost to the point where I know what to expect from your threads before even clicking on them.
---
"So someone made fun of something you love... it's gonna be okay!" -- Gregg 'Opie' Hughes
#46zado19Posted 2/26/2014 9:42:19 AM
RahzarX posted...
Dat music... dat level design...DAT GIRAFFES

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss421nbCAJE

The way the music gets progressively more amazing as you near the end and the sun is setting on the savannah...

you sure thats the right link?????

as soon as it started a had a flashback to the Lion King
---
FC: 2449-5775-0135 Pokemon IGN: Madness
The 3rd Party Wall of Shame - http://pietriots.com/2010/12/17/the-3rd-party-wall-of-shame/
#47Megamushroom666Posted 2/26/2014 9:53:57 AM
This game just looks like an updated DKCR, so I'm not impressed by the visuals. Still a good game though.
#48NovaLevossidaPosted 2/26/2014 9:54:32 AM
It was nice and all, but it didn't impress me or anything.
---
I think the launch of other video game systems is also good for us - Iwata of Nintendo
the playstation 2 sure helped dreamcast - magemaximus
#49DrumguyPosted 2/26/2014 11:00:08 AM
How did this topic go from discussing a game's level to personal internet insults?

Grow up, children.
---
The next person that says, "I know, right?" to me will be answered with, "No, you're wrong."
#50manmousePosted 2/26/2014 11:32:22 AM
TalesRevanant posted...
RahzarX posted...
TalesRevanant posted...
It didn't.

Nothing on the Wii U has impressed me thus far. I've seen everything the Wii U can do on PS3. Until I see a game using it's true power, which is probably Zelda, I'm not going to be impressed, nor is anyone else but Nintendo fanboy's who only have Nintendo consoles, since this is Nintendo in HD!......10 years after everyone else in the world.

All the jaw drops that I had were back either in the GCN/PS2 or PS3 days. PS3 had some amazing moments, specficially MGS4 and Uncharted 2 where I was completely in awe.

No one is talking about graphics here except you.

They're all gonna laugh at you.

I'm glad you're impressed by games that have no gameplay btw.

Check you out! We have a guy who thinks he's hot ****. How cute.

Your entire topic is regarding presentation and the fact of being in awe within a game, graphics or not, I stated what I believe. Just because someone doesn't find DK Picasso, doesn't mean you're opinion is right.

If anyone is going to laugh at someone, they're going to laugh at you for insulting MGS and Uncharted for not having 'gameplay' Just confessed yourself as being a Nintendo Fanboy. You must live a sad, pathetic life.

i've been a Metal Gear fan since MGS on PS1. love the series, but MGS4 is hardly a game. it has 8 hours of cutscenes. when me and my friend played through it, we spent so long with the controller on the floor and our hands just holding beer bottles and food. because there was nothing to do but watch until it finally looped back into an hour of gameplay only to be punctuated by another cutscene afterwards.

Uncharted certainly has more gameplay in it, but the sheer amount of QTEs anyway completely rid me of wonder. i remember seeing previews of the game thinking, "WOAH! this game has you doing this?!! i wonder how they'll pull this off! this is the future, for sure!" but no, it was just scripted scenes where you have to press time sequences of buttons to make the CGI animated character follow his script. sections like climbing up the temple on the mountain were really epic, but all too often they cut the best sections short for more corridor and wide open courtyard shootouts. it was a great presentation at first, but a let down in many ways.

anyway, Grassland Groove was really awesome in my opinion. firstly the mechanic of the level itself dancing in sync to the rhythm and the great music, then the use of the paper giraffe heads and the people holding them dancing as well, and the gradual sunset leading up to the last shot. definitely one of my favorite platformer levels of all time.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b18HMqJW5A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt1-XWiMveY