The gaming environment these days is so poisonous.

#1DoctorPiranha3Posted 2/23/2014 8:29:33 PM
I wish we could go back to the 90s and be happy go lucky, never worrying about sales, meta critic scores, if my favorite franchise will get a sequel, hardware sales, the state of the industry... Things are really dark now. It's not a fun environment to be in.
#2PoweranimalsPosted 2/23/2014 8:31:10 PM
It's the same way with movies and TV shows now too. Blame the internet.
#3DoctorPiranha3(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2014 8:33:04 PM
Goddamn Internet. I don't even remember it being this bad in the 00s. It's progressively turned into a festering crock of s*** filled with neutered whiny b****es and naysayers. Can't you just let me enjoy my games in peace?!?
#4Baha05Posted 2/23/2014 8:33:54 PM
Poweranimals posted...

Yeah while there was still sort of this issue around it wasn't until the internet where it got worst thanks to being able to hide behind a screen.
---
"Zelda is THE original RPG." Error1355 (Moderator)
#5jamesflames82Posted 2/23/2014 8:57:39 PM
DoctorPiranha3 posted...
I wish we could go back to the 90s and be happy go lucky, never worrying about sales, meta critic scores, if my favorite franchise will get a sequel, hardware sales, the state of the industry... Things are really dark now. It's not a fun environment to be in.

While I agree that gamers have become extremely pessimistic and hard to please, I think it's just the natural progression w/ everything else. While I love the internet, it's given birth to a horrible group of people who make a point to hate everything b/c they can hide behind a screen. And it's across all media. TV, movies, music, all the same.
---
Gamertag: Calvin AG
#6LightHawKnightPosted 2/23/2014 8:59:52 PM
I blame crappy parenting. Parents should parent better. So kids wont grow up to whiny kids... Err stay as whiny kids?
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#7SilentSephPosted 2/23/2014 9:01:13 PM
DoctorPiranha3 posted...
if my favorite franchise will get a sequel

But I always worried about this, even in the 90s. >.>
#8Nath1343Posted 2/23/2014 9:01:55 PM
I completely agree.

I've been thinking about deleting my GFaqs account lately due to the hostility/trolling/complaining on here, it seems like video games aren't even about the games to most people these days.

I like coming on here to try and discuss games but every single time there's flame wars, sales talk, fanboyism etc. and I think I'd just rather play the games and avoid discussion if it means no longer putting up with the sheer idiocy I witness online every single day.
---
PSN: nath1343
Favourite games: Golden Sun, Xenoblade, Final Fantasy XII, inFamous, BioShock, DKC3, Pokemon FR, Uncharted 3, Ni no Kuni, RDR, Last of Us, Sly 2
#9GamerguymassPosted 2/23/2014 9:09:29 PM
SilentSeph posted...
DoctorPiranha3 posted...
if my favorite franchise will get a sequel

But I always worried about this, even in the 90s. >.>

I think what should be said instead is that a sequel wasn't called a rehash like it is these days.

It's really only since the XBox joined in that things have become terrible. I'm not saying it's the fault of MS, just that is the time frame when things started to decline. Sony fans have become a lot worse as well. The PS Sony fans were fine, but from PS2 onward they have been unbearable at times.

I think three consoles is to many. Having only two let's them both do their own thing and still leaves plenty of room for competition and creativity. There is no denying that some things have become stale and repetitive with multiplatform games since less effort is needed for the game to sell well.
---
Now Playing: "The Hunt for the Two Missing Nintendo 64 Games"
An expansion came out, but I'm still a third of the way through!
#10evosthunderPosted 2/23/2014 9:11:08 PM
Poweranimals posted...

---
-Not gaming lately. Focused on amateur art.
-Difficult by nature.