The music in Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze puts most games to shame!

#1doctorwilyPosted 2/23/2014 7:40:02 PM
Honestly!

It's so catchy, moving and amazing!

Whatever happend to amazing game music like the Megaman series? We seriously need a revival! I've got this soundtrack on my phone and it's incredible. I suffer from depression at times ( especially winter ) and this game has literally made me a happier person. It's sad that music is such an underutilized part of games these days.
#2TheTitan99Posted 2/23/2014 7:43:53 PM
That's one thing I love about Nintendo games. The music is always TOP NOTCH.
---
Super Mario World is the best game ever made!
#3VideogamegalaxyPosted 2/23/2014 7:47:53 PM
There are lots of games with better music than Tropical Freeze. Most Sonic games, Mega Man X6, The Adventures of Batman and Robin the game, and Donkey Kong Country 3 (which had the best music in the series) are all examples.
#4__Blight__Posted 2/23/2014 7:53:56 PM(edited)
Better than Chrono Cross or even Ace Combat?

I doubt it. It has always been my theory that Nintendrones have no idea about "good" things concerning any genre. I mean, you get people who think Golden Sun is a great RPG and that FFTA is better than FFT. Then you get the TC who thinks atmospheric music puts most games to shame.

I mean, just the other day someone told me that the Mother series has better music than Chrono Cross. I smacked him of course.

It's just sad really.
---
This wretched world does not reward endeavor, it is the patron and his troupe who are receipt; maggots grown fat on endeavour's corpse.
#5Demon_AckerPosted 2/23/2014 7:51:37 PM
__Blight__ posted...

I doubt it. It has always been my theory that Nintendrones has no idea about "good" things concerning any genre. I mean, you get people who think Golden Sun is a great RPG and that FFTA is better than FFT. Then you get the TC who thinks atmospheric music puts most games to shame.

It's just sad really.

It indeed is sad....
Well, your post, that is.
---
http://i.minus.com/iTBEmtq51B2ie.gif http://i.minus.com/ibxZBsrHJIljjP.gif http://i.minus.com/i1TgYGVJ7b8KZ.gif
#6MatelitePosted 2/23/2014 7:51:41 PM
Videogamegalaxy posted...
There are lots of games with better music than Tropical Freeze. Most Sonic games, Mega Man X6, The Adventures of Batman and Robin the game, and Donkey Kong Country 3 (which had the best music in the series) are all examples.

2 was pretty damn good. I mean, Stickerbrush Symphony alone was a great track.
---
HEH HEH HEH
#7Nath1343Posted 2/23/2014 7:53:38 PM
Music's an entirely subjective topic for discussion so there's no sure way to tell.

It's definitely one of my favourite video game OST's of all time though, up there with Xenoblade Chronicles and Final Fantasy XII.
---
PSN: nath1343
Favourite games: Golden Sun, Xenoblade, Final Fantasy XII, inFamous, BioShock, DKC3, Pokemon FR, Uncharted 3, Ni no Kuni, RDR, Last of Us, Sly 2
#8TheTitan99Posted 2/23/2014 8:00:22 PM
Matelite posted...

2 was pretty damn good. I mean, Stickerbrush Symphony alone was a great track.

I agree.
---
Super Mario World is the best game ever made!
#9Oni_TaedoPosted 2/23/2014 8:08:46 PM

Mega Man X has better music than X6. All Sonic games prior to Sonic Adventure, have good music, save the first one which was garbage. Lost World and Generations had good music, too.

DKCTF is on par with the first MMX, in terms of how good the music is.

DKC3 is the weakest of all the DKC games, in every way. Music is far better in the first two games. Enemies aren't as fun, or even that interesting. Kiddy is an awful stand-in for DK. K. Rool had pretty much jumped the shark. Him being a pirate was fine, as he did sail from place to place doing bad things on a ship with a bunch of like-minded folk. Kinda... like a pirate. Nothing about him screams "Mad Scientist". It literally came out of nowhere.

By the way, DKC3 was my entry into the series. Yeah. I played it before I played the first two. I actually thought I was going to hate them, considering how bad DKC3 was. Glad I was wrong.
---
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheVGViking
#10Oni_TaedoPosted 2/23/2014 8:26:54 PM
__Blight__ posted...

I doubt it. It has always been my theory that Nintendrones have no idea about "good" things concerning any genre. I mean, you get people who think Golden Sun is a great RPG and that FFTA is better than FFT. Then you get the TC who thinks atmospheric music puts most games to shame.

I mean, just the other day someone told me that the Mother series has better music than Chrono Cross. I smacked him of course.

It's just sad really.

Chrono Cross's music is quite bad, actually. Not half as good as Chrono Trigger's.
Compared to most Square games, it's music is absolutely abysmal. Even the worst Final Fantasy (which is FF8), has good music. Hell, even FF13 had pretty good music. But Chrono Cross is easily the worst they've done.

Mother 3 has better music than Chrono Cross, but Mother 2... no. Hell no. Mother 2's music is abysmal, too. I can't speak for Mother 1.
---
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheVGViking