DKTF is good, but I beat it in like 5-6 hours.

#81Starwars4JPosted 2/28/2014 1:54:53 AM
lmao, TC is a cheevo kid
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#82STN79Posted 2/28/2014 2:15:50 AM
How many sidescrolling platformers can't be beat in just a few short hours?
Heck alot of current games only last 5 to 8 hours.

Uncharted, Metal Gear solid not counting the cutscenes and even God of war can be finished in a really short ammount of time as well. It's not about how long the game lasts though. It's how long can you make it last by doing sidequests, finding hidden items/unlockables or other secrets.
If you didn't find all the puzzle pieces, Kong letters or unlock the ending surprise you didn't finish the game. Seeing the credits doesn't mean you're done.
---
It is artists, not technicians, who make excellent games. "Hiroshi yamauchi"
#83mcsmellingtonPosted 2/28/2014 2:18:30 AM
STN79 posted...
How many sidescrolling platformers can't be beat in just a few short hours?
Heck alot of current games only last 5 to 8 hours.

Uncharted, Metal Gear solid not counting the cutscenes and even God of war can be finished in a really short ammount of time as well. It's not about how long the game lasts though. It's how long can you make it last by doing sidequests, finding hidden items/unlockables or other secrets.
If you didn't find all the puzzle pieces, Kong letters or unlock the ending surprise you didn't finish the game. Seeing the credits doesn't mean you're done.

If that's all you want out of the game, then yes you are done. I'm with the TC on this, I'm not a big fan of going back through levels to 100% stuff. If I hit the credits and feel like I've gotten all the enjoyment out of the game I'm going to get, I'm done.

On a side note, I didn't end up getting Tropical Freeze, I got the 3DS game instead. Figured it made more sense to play the game with less characters and new stuff first. I've only down the first world but I quite enjoyed it.
---
GT: McPoo Friend Code: 0146-9590-6349
PSN/NNID: McSmellington
#84STN79Posted 2/28/2014 2:58:23 AM
Well if you like to half ass your games that's fine with me. Kinda sad to think you don't care to fully complete a game and get your moneys worth. If i'm gonna pay 50 bucks or more i like to get all i can outta the games i play. Complaining when it's too short but refusing to do the extra stuff is pretty dumb though.
---
#85mcsmellingtonPosted 2/28/2014 3:00:51 AM
STN79 posted...
Well if you like to half ass your games that's fine with me. Kinda sad to think you don't care to fully complete a game and get your moneys worth. If i'm gonna pay 50 bucks or more i like to get all i can outta the games i play. Complaining when it's too short but refusing to do the extra stuff is pretty dumb though.

I don't find replaying levels multiple times to collect everything fun. It's the same reason I don't 100% most games, because a lot of the time it ends up being a hunt for collectibles, which I just find tedious.
---
#86STN79Posted 2/28/2014 3:05:10 AM
Well just so you know that DKC returns you bought for 3DS has a whole extra world that wasn't in the Wii version and it's only unlockable after getting all puzzle pieces and kong letters. Guess you'll never see it though since you can't be bothered to fully complete your games.
---
#87mcsmellingtonPosted 2/28/2014 3:40:47 AM
STN79 posted...
Well just so you know that DKC returns you bought for 3DS has a whole extra world that wasn't in the Wii version and it's only unlockable after getting all puzzle pieces and kong letters. Guess you'll never see it though since you can't be bothered to fully complete your games.

It's ok, I'll enjoy the ride to the end of the main story :) As I've made clear earlier in the topic, it's very rare that completing 100% unlocks something worth caring about.
---
#88STN79Posted 2/28/2014 4:23:56 AM
Well honestly i don't go for 100% with every single game i play. I did it with Gta Vice city once but it nearly killed me. The stress and frustration was almost unbearable but for some reason i kept going. Guess i'm a glutton for punishment. I'm still debating on finishing the extra crown world in Mario 3D world. I've heard it's hell. With platformers i usually want to see every level in the game even if it's not part of the main game. It depends on how hard it is to unlock the extras.
---