A nintendo console shouldn't only be about nintendo games

#1Murderstorm117Posted 2/26/2014 9:35:41 AM
I think us nintendo fans have besn giving them a free pass by saying oh well I buy nintendo consoles for nintendo games when a third party game doesn't come to wii u. But why do we have to settle for that nintendo consoles sell for a premium and you get less than their competition not to mention the droughts this causes since nintendo is almost alone with the wii u.

I wish they could learn from sony with the ps4 they have their AAA first party exclusives AAA third party suport with the definitive console version usually being on ps4. Along with amazing indie support bigger games like outlast instead of typical 8 bit indie games.

I wish they could have a very well rounded system like the snes again
---
NNID Mstorm
Proud owner of PS4 since Day 1
#2Jaime_BennPosted 2/26/2014 9:38:28 AM
I usually only buy exclusive games on Nintendo consoles and multiplatform on PC. So, this generation is no different.
#3icarus231Posted 2/26/2014 9:39:51 AM
I stopped reading when I saw you called yourself a Nintendo fan instead of troll
---
NNID: Icarus231
PSN: Icarus_231
#4SegavsCapcomPosted 2/26/2014 9:41:10 AM
Do you have any idea how much it would cost Nintendo to produce a system as powerful as the PS4?

Besides, a Nintendo system still has Nintendo games. Third parties won't bother as long as they have to compete with Nintendo games.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom_NNID: SegavsCapcom
#5king_maddenPosted 2/26/2014 9:45:59 AM
SegavsCapcom posted...
Do you have any idea how much it would cost Nintendo to produce a system as powerful as the PS4?

Besides, a Nintendo system still has Nintendo games. Third parties won't bother as long as they have to compete with Nintendo games.

Lol yea that's what 3rd parties are concerned with, competing with Nintendo games that are in a completely different genre for the most part and tend to come out only about 2-3 times a year.

Problem isn't competition, it's that so many people buy the console for the exclusives, and get multiplats on other systems.
#6Otti_OpaoPosted 2/26/2014 9:47:14 AM
king_madden posted...
SegavsCapcom posted...

Lol yea that's what 3rd parties are concerned with, competing with Nintendo games that are in a completely different genre for the most part and tend to come out only about 2-3 times a year.

Problem isn't competition, it's that so many people buy the console for the exclusives, and get multiplats on other systems.

Exactly, its the people that have treated Nintendo systems as secondary that have effectively killed Nintendo.
#7adampeltzPosted 2/26/2014 9:47:28 AM
How can you say Nintendo consoles sell for a premium? They're the cheapest each gen since the GCN.
---
XBL Gamertag: Peltz | PSN ID: Peltz-0
Wii U NNID: Peltz-0 | 3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691
#8Rasputin77Posted 2/26/2014 9:51:22 AM
I partially agree, TC - I've been giving them a free pass for years, and I DO only buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games. I really think the "nostalgia" factor is partly to blame... because I grew up with them, maybe I feel like I partly owe them an opportunity every time their next 'new' thing rolls out.

That, and my insatiable appetite for blowing money on video games.

icarus231 posted...
I stopped reading when I saw you called yourself a Nintendo fan instead of troll

Remind me... who cares where you stopped reading?
---
"So someone made fun of something you love... it's gonna be okay!" -- Gregg 'Opie' Hughes
#9NovaLevossidaPosted 2/26/2014 9:52:36 AM(edited)
Otti_Opao posted...
king_madden posted...
SegavsCapcom posted...

Exactly, its the people that have treated Nintendo systems as secondary that have effectively killed Nintendo.

People have only treated Nintendo consoles as secondary consoles since Nintendo inadvertently created the Playstation and kept driving developers away from their own systems.

Rather, no one's scared of competing with Nintendo games on the Nintendo handhelds, so that's not it. It's just the consoles that they've created such a poor situation for developers to actually want to develop for.
---
I think the launch of other video game systems is also good for us - Iwata of Nintendo
the playstation 2 sure helped dreamcast - magemaximus
#10Tempest717Posted 2/26/2014 9:55:13 AM
3rd parties should put their games (without ripping us off with half-assed ports) so we only need to buy Nintendo consoles then.
---
NNID/PSN: Tempest717
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lybewnsXOY1qikhz3o1_r1_500.gif