A nintendo console shouldn't only be about nintendo games

#31ZEROthefirstPosted 3/3/2014 4:00:26 PM
People go to Xbox for nothing but shooters, medieval themed RPGs and a paywall to use anything including other paid subscriptions, so what's the point?
---
Nintendo Network/PSN ID: ZEROthefirst
3DS Friend Code: 1306-6232-5350
#32lunchbox2042Posted 3/5/2014 4:04:47 AM
Microsoft pays for their third party exclusives. Nintendo just seems to be afraid to spend money to make money. They don't like taking risks and you can see it in their game design as well. It's 20 years later and we're still getting 2d Marios, Donkey Kong, and Mario Karts as our system sellers.
#33suprsoliderPosted 3/5/2014 5:07:16 AM
I realize that most of the people on this board obviously didn't start gaming until atleast the N64 generation.

Otherwise their stupid arguments that Nintendo has never been about 3rd party wouldn't fly.

Look at the NES, most of it's best games are 3RD PARTY
Look at the SNES again most of it's good games are all 3RD PARTY
That is from Ninja Gaiden, Castlevania,Metal Gear, Mega Man to Blaster Master, Sunset Riders, Contra and more.

Nintendo lost it's way after the SNES and ever since Iwata and Reggie were put in charge they have been falling. They only got lucky with the Wii because of it's gimmick which wore off and now they are collecting dust.

Obviously this post is going to get allot of hate but then what do I expect from people who don't want to admit the truth and try to shelter themselves from it.

NO CONSOLE SHOULD BE ABOUT FIRST PARTY ONLY. Period, end of discussion.
---
"If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch"
PSN ID: CF-105
#34FayeLadyPosted 3/5/2014 5:11:59 AM
There really isnt a big problem with buying Nintendo for Nintendo games, the problem is the cost. Lots of people like Nintendo games and even value them above certain others. Most people just don't deem them worth three-fourths the access to just about every third party game that will be on the PS4. These same people have no problem buying the 3DS because it offers more at a cheaper price. The problem from the beginning has been the proposition value. Drop the price and people will reconsider the offer. Leave it where it is and the situation will do worst than stay the same, it will get worse with every game announced for other systems.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#35AvirosbPosted 3/5/2014 5:38:32 AM
suprsolider posted...
NO CONSOLE SHOULD BE ABOUT FIRST PARTY ONLY. Period, end of discussion.
I see no problem with first party only.
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#36Yelnam-26Posted 3/9/2014 11:02:03 AM
if consoles weren't about first party then everyone should get a PS4. Its cheaper then the xbox and powerful then the Wii U and Xbox.
---
Smoke me a kipper, Ill be back for breakfast.
3DS XL FC: 1005 - 8990 - 2929 Name: Yelnam
#37WereshovelPosted 3/11/2014 11:07:27 PM
Please understand, that the hardware and software are one
#38Megamushroom666Posted 3/11/2014 11:12:39 PM
It's always been like this for Nintendo consoles. Their games always overshadow the rest.
---
"Deep into that darkness peering..."
Support my friend! Snackeroo.com
#39demonlord6696Posted 3/12/2014 4:40:54 AM
king_madden posted...
Devilman_Amon posted...
SegavsCapcom posted...
Do you have any idea how much it would cost Nintendo to produce a system as powerful as the PS4?

Is this a joke? Are we pretending that Nintendo doesn't have ridiculous amounts of cash reserves now?

we all knw that nintendo cares more about money than their fans though. it usually seems to go like this.

nintendo-makes the lower cost games and systems to make more money.
sony- tends to try to put more money towards their console and game development
MS- tends to put most of its money into buying games or dlc for exclusive, or first release purposes

B-b-b-b-but Nintendo cares about the fans!
#40JackalPosted 3/12/2014 4:45:15 AM
The last thing that a Nintendo console is about to me are Nintendo games. I buy those rare 3rd party games that may interest me, not Nintendo franchises or if I do it's very rare.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz