'Murdered' skipping the Wiiu because Wiiu sales are low

#1hydra_dragonPosted 2/27/2014 11:01:17 AM
We also quizzed Brunner about why Murdered: Soul Suspect is not coming to Wii U. According to Brunner, the best Wii U games are the ones designed from the ground up for the system.

"In all honesty, all the Wii U games I've ever played, the only good ones are the ones that are made specifically for [the Wii U]. And this just doesn't fit," Brunner said.

The Wii U also has a small install base, relative to consoles and PC. The Xbox 360 and PS3 have combined for more than 160 million sales to date, while the Xbox One and PS4 together total more than 8.3 million systems sold worldwide so far. As for the Wii U, that system has sold only 5.86 million units as of December 31.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/square-enix-talks-1080p-for-murdered-on-xbox-one-ps4-and-why-there-s-no-wii-u-version/1100-6417990/

So I guess what they are saying is the Wiiu is only good for 1st party games, because sales are so low, it isn't worth porting a game over to the Wiiu. I guess that means no Square Enix support for the Wiiu, which explains why the Wiiu got skipped for some games, like Tomb Raider.
---
Snitches are everywhere on GameFAQs
#2BongbuddyPosted 2/27/2014 11:03:19 AM
Yep another one bites the dust lol. Better get used to seeing a lot of Mario and nothing else.
#3Golden MavenPosted 2/27/2014 11:03:30 AM
It makes no financial sense. Drones take it personally when a 3rd party ignores the Wii U, yet they are not buying 3rd party games. Even those which are built from the ground up for the system.
#4HaloOfTheSun442Posted 2/27/2014 11:08:46 AM
To be fair, he never said it isn't coming to the Wii U because of low sales, that was what the article writer implied. I'm sure that is one of the reasons it isn't being ported, but he never said it like your topic indicates. See, those quotes end before the topic of sales even come up. Hooray for reading comprehension!
#5thefabregas22Posted 2/27/2014 11:13:01 AM
Oh, I intended on getting it on ps4 anyway.
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: AdmiralClassy
#6Cubfan082Posted 2/27/2014 11:13:26 AM
Golden Maven posted...
It makes no financial sense. Drones take it personally when a 3rd party ignores the Wii U, yet they are not buying 3rd party games. Even those which are built from the ground up for the system.

...and I keep saying this, there is no reason why W101 and Rayman legends sold so poorly when there was literally nothing else to buy...
---
Regarding teaching pigs to sing: "It wastes your time and annoys the pig" ~Mark Twain
#7squatch22Posted 2/27/2014 11:15:37 AM
Yep. Combine PS4/XB1 but don't add Wii U to PS3/360 numbers since its supposed to be similar to them.
---
Have to own a system to not say anything good about it. But to call it bad and attack its fans? Don't even need to try it. That's DoubleStandardsFAQs
#8WinsagePosted 2/27/2014 11:16:15 AM
HaloOfTheSun442 posted...
To be fair, he never said it isn't coming to the Wii U because of low sales, that was what the article writer implied. I'm sure that is one of the reasons it isn't being ported, but he never said it like your topic indicates. See, those quotes end before the topic of sales even come up. Hooray for reading comprehension!

Yeah, the sales bit looks like it was added by the editor. What the Brunner guy actually says is that he thinks that a lot of the ports for Wii U suck and he doesn't want the game to end up being like them.
---
NNid: Windsage
#9Virus66Posted 2/27/2014 11:17:28 AM
After reading IGN's preview of it, I'm frankly glad it's not coming to Wii U. It's apparently not very good.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
I'm a living contradiction. I own a PS3 and a Wii U. A 3DS and a Vita. And the catch to that? I enjoy them all!
#10icarus231Posted 2/27/2014 11:24:05 AM
Love how they add PS4 and X1 sales numbers to make them seem like they sold more.
---
NNID: Icarus231
PSN: Icarus_231