'Murdered' skipping the Wiiu because Wiiu sales are low

#21GodofLazinessPosted 2/27/2014 1:25:14 PM
Reading comprehension TC, guy never said anything about sales.
---
Official Guardian Knight Slacker of Safe Haven.
Light blinds us and forces us to stumble about in ignorance - Altair
#22bigjclassicPosted 2/27/2014 1:26:44 PM
icarus231 posted...
Love how they add PS4 and X1 sales numbers to make them seem like they sold more.

This, its just sad. We know there are more Wii Us than Xbone and PS4...
Ill file this under lazy dev
---
NNID(WiiU): Ryusaki_J PSN: classicviolence
CP: FFXIV beta, Pikmin 3, TR:DC,Pokemon X, Strider, WWE2K14
#23hydra_dragon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2014 1:28:16 PM
yeti44 posted...
P.S. Square Enix hasn't been good since they were Squaresoft. Wii are better off without their trash.

Square Enix is still a major publisher regardless, who seems like they don't want anything to do with the Wiiu. It seems like all of the major publishers, Capcom, EA, Square, and even Ubisoft now are putting the Wiiu off their lists when they port games. Even the PS3 and 360 are getting multiplat games, while the Wiiu is missing out on them. Shoot, Square didn't even want to publish Bravely Default, Nintendo had to do it. As much as I like Nintendo, they do need 3rd party support in-between 1st party releases. Otherwise, people will complain there is nothing to play.
---
Snitches are everywhere on GameFAQs
#24StrongBlackVinePosted 2/27/2014 2:14:55 PM
yeti44 posted...
Holy bad reading comprehension Batman. He clearly says it's because they want to create games from the ground up designed for Wii U hardware instead of just porting X1/PS4 games. Leave it to a known Sony Pony troll to spin this as a negative.

P.S. Square Enix hasn't been good since they were Squaresoft. Wii are better off without their trash.

Deus Ex:HR and Tomb Raider were great to me.
#25Demon_AckerPosted 2/27/2014 2:17:02 PM
StrongBlackVine posted...
yeti44 posted...
Holy bad reading comprehension Batman. He clearly says it's because they want to create games from the ground up designed for Wii U hardware instead of just porting X1/PS4 games. Leave it to a known Sony Pony troll to spin this as a negative.

Deus Ex:HR and Tomb Raider were great to me.

Those were Eidos/CD games though
---
http://i.minus.com/iTBEmtq51B2ie.gif http://i.minus.com/ibxZBsrHJIljjP.gif http://i.minus.com/i1TgYGVJ7b8KZ.gif
#26nonexistingheroPosted 2/27/2014 3:08:18 PM(edited)
That f***ing dumb excuse about the low install base pisses me off. He puts PS4 & XO sales together to make Wii U total sales seem worse in comparison. It's not that the Wii U is doing great, but it just shows they come up with any pathetic excuse to not make a Wii U version.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#27arvilinoPosted 2/27/2014 3:20:58 PM(edited)
UponADarkThorne posted...
Cubfan082 posted...
Golden Maven posted...
It makes no financial sense. Drones take it personally when a 3rd party ignores the Wii U, yet they are not buying 3rd party games. Even those which are built from the ground up for the system.

...and I keep saying this, there is no reason why W101 and Rayman legends sold so poorly when there was literally nothing else to buy...

Wonderful 101 sold like **** because it was a Platinum Game. Bayonetta sold like crap too and the only other game of note released on the PS360 was Mass Effect 2, twenty days later. Maybe Darksiders, too, but with two new IPs going head to head its all about flipping a coin.

Wonderful 101 simply isn't a marketable game in the modern industry.

Even in the past it wouldn't be. It's like Viewtiful Joe which sold significantly worse on PS2 than it did on GC(~270k on GC, ~45k on PS2) despite the collosal userbase difference, and it sold about as well as Wonderful 101 is likely going to end up at on WiiU.
---
'The fact of the matter is that we've been here constantly. We've been betraying peoples expectations, in a good way, for a long time.'
3DS: 2449-4649-4995
#28XechsPosted 2/27/2014 4:24:58 PM
Funny how they deem X1 and PS4 sales together as it's install base and wii u seperate. I think nintendo not playing along with third party is the main culprit. True multiplat should be all systems, even PC gets tons. Nintendo should stop playing hardball and make consoles that third parties want and then go from there to do their first party.
---
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/1198847692478tg1.gif
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/rankastar.gif Ranka-Macross Frontier
#29LuluCrossPosted 2/27/2014 4:27:17 PM
icarus231 posted...
Love how they add PS4 and X1 sales numbers to make them seem like they sold more.

i like how you said that to try to make it sound like they didnt
#30Neo_HeartlessPosted 2/27/2014 4:35:27 PM
arvilino posted...
UponADarkThorne posted...
Cubfan082 posted...
Golden Maven posted...
It makes no financial sense. Drones take it personally when a 3rd party ignores the Wii U, yet they are not buying 3rd party games. Even those which are built from the ground up for the system.

...and I keep saying this, there is no reason why W101 and Rayman legends sold so poorly when there was literally nothing else to buy...

Wonderful 101 sold like **** because it was a Platinum Game. Bayonetta sold like crap too and the only other game of note released on the PS360 was Mass Effect 2, twenty days later. Maybe Darksiders, too, but with two new IPs going head to head its all about flipping a coin.

Wonderful 101 simply isn't a marketable game in the modern industry.

Even in the past it wouldn't be. It's like Viewtiful Joe which sold significantly worse on PS2 than it did on GC(~270k on GC, ~45k on PS2) despite the collosal userbase difference, and it sold about as well as Wonderful 101 is likely going to end up at on WiiU.

We see this more often than people care to admit. Look at No More Heroes. Little King's Story. Some games are just very, very niche and that's unfortunate, but that's how it is.

Also this whole "Nintendo fans only buy Nintendo games" annoys me. One look at the 360 and PS3 charts and you'd think they only bought CoD and exclusives (who would have guessed that exclusives sell better?). Nintendo fans prefer Nintendo games yes, but are probably also diverse in what other games they like. Asking such a small install base to buy every single game is intrinsically unfair. And yes, it's not being asked of other consoles.

I mean, everyone's favourite VGChartz is reporting that the Tomb Raider rerelease has sold 270k on PS4 and 90k on Xbone. For a market that apparently buys games that's pretty poor. I mean, think of the effort Eidos put in, updating Lara's model, incorporating all the DLC, adding the Tresseme hair, and they can't even be rewarded with good sales? What a shame.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]