What are your top 10 most obsessively replayed games of all time?

#1sketchturnerPosted 2/28/2014 10:21:12 PM
I'm talking about games you've beaten so many times you've literally lost count. If you don't have 10, you could put fewer. For me...

Donkey Kong Country 2
Donkey Kong Land 2
Ocarina of Time
Resident Evil 4
Shadow of the Colossus
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
StarFox 64
Super Mario Land 2:Six Golden Coins
Tony Hawk 2
Tony Hawk 3
---
The last Metroid is in captivity. The galaxy is at peace.
#2XenoFFvsPosted 2/28/2014 10:26:07 PM
I would just say sonic 2 unless arcade modes in smash bros count in which case all 3 smash games would fit on my list.
---
Sytems Owned: NES, GEN, SATURN, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GC, Wii, PS3, 360, Wii U, PS4, OUYA, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, PSP, 3DS, VITA.
#3Stanger5150Posted 2/28/2014 10:28:47 PM
Each of these have been played through over 300 times:

DKC
DKC 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario Bros.

Over 100 times:

Super Mario RPG
Super Mario Bros. 2
DKC 3
Ninja Gaiden
A Link to the Past
Double Dragon II (NES)

Over 20 times:

Mass Effect trilogy
Super Mario 64

I have a log of all of this that I've been keeping since 1995.
---
PSN/NN- BlackRain8782
2600, NES, SMS, GB, Lynx, Genesis, TG-16, SNES, Game Gear, Jaguar, PS1, Saturn, N64, GBC, DC, PS2, GCN, GBA, DS, Wii, PS3, 3DS, Wii U
#4Motobug321Posted 2/28/2014 11:22:39 PM(edited)
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Sonic 2
Sonic Heroes
Super Mario Sunshine
Mega Man 2
Banjo Kazooie
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Super Mario Bros. 3

All I can think of at the moment.

EDIT: How could I forget Mario Kart: Double Dash?? Definitely one of my most played games ever, it's just plain fun.
#5DesperateMonkeyPosted 2/28/2014 10:36:28 PM
Fallout 2, Ninja Gaiden: Black, Diablo II, Bladestorm, Streets of Rage.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#6ukokira1Posted 2/28/2014 10:37:14 PM
Metal Gear Rising
Sonic The Hedgehog IOS
Sonic Generations
Kirby: Triple Deluxe
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Kirby: Return To Dreamland
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Bayonetta
Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations
Rayman Origins
---
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=7086776
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=7086033
#7Canas_RenvallPosted 2/28/2014 10:38:35 PM
Hoo boy, I didn't think about this at all before this topic... brings me back. XD

Super Mario World
Super Mario Bros. 3
Golden Sun
Golden Sun: The Lost Age
Resident Evil Remake
Resident Evil 4
Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword (just Fire Emblem here in America, used the Japanese subtitle to distinguish it)
Goldeneye 007
Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal

and my absolute, bar none most replayed game of all time goes to none other thaaan...

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time!

Sure, it's not exactly unique but ever since it came out when I was six and I got it for Christmas, it quickly became my all time favorite game. I can't even begin to guess how many times I've played through it over the years, and I always make sure to play at least once a year. Somehow, it just... doesn't get old. Rose tinted glasses or not, the game is just damn fun.
---
I don't see Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony. I see Mario, Zelda, Uncharted, Resident Evil, Gears of War, Alan Wake, Heavy Rain, etc. Play games, not companies.
#8moogle69Posted 2/28/2014 10:43:26 PM(edited)
Mario kart series as a whole
Super smash bros brawl
Final fantasy x
Castlevania dawn of sorrow
Megaman starforce 3
Tactics ogre let us cling together new game +
Kingdom hearts 2
Super metroid
Legend of zelda a link between worlds recent game I cannot stop replaying about to go on my fourth play through
Bayonetta new game +

Edit: I gues ill do honrable mentions..ratchet and clank up your arsenal, super mario 3d world, the world ends with you
---
3DSXL FC: 0087-3600-6980, PSN ID: snoteat01 NN ID: snoteat01
Super Hype: Monolith X, MK8, SSBU, LOZ:U, Bravely Second
#9RoboXgp89Posted 2/28/2014 10:39:22 PM
Resident Evil 4
Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes
Mario 64
Zelda OoT
RE1 remake
#10The_BonesPosted 2/28/2014 10:40:48 PM(edited)
The games I replay more than any other would have to be:

Zelda 2 - Its short, fun, and retains a decent enough challenge every time I play it.
Super Metroid - Another short yet great one. The gameplay is extremely satisfying.
Legacy of the Wizard - Been playing this game for years and still can't get enough of it for some reason. The gameplay is pretty unique yet and fun but its one of those games thats practically impossible to figure out on your own. Its made by falcom so the music is good as well.
Link's Awakening DX - Another short yet great Zelda game. The gameplay is very satisfying and I love the music and overall mood of the game. Its also a game that makes me want to think more about the story than what is actually told within the game.
Ocarina of Time/A Link to the Past - I can't really pick between these two as I've played through each one probably an equal number of times.

Some of the other games I replay a lot are most any other Zelda game, Metroid for NES, Dragon Warrior, Dragon Warrior 4, Mega Man X, Super Mario RPG, Demon's/Dark Souls, and Streets of Rage 2.