It's time we get a real Metroid game again!!

#1Dr_KainPosted 3/2/2014 11:10:10 PM
Not that Other M bs, I want a real Metroid again. I don't care if it is a 2D side scroller or another Prime-like game, I just want a new one that has phenomenal music, great controls, makes great use of the gamepad (also has the option for Wii remote), and most of all, focuses on exploration over combat.
---
Welcome to GameFAQs, where having an opinion is a declaration of war.
#2splashinkarpPosted 3/2/2014 11:14:01 PM
What defines a real Metroid game? Other M's problem seems to be that they gave Samus a personality, even if you think it's a horrible personality, it's still personality. Just fix the writing and Other M is a pretty solid Metroid game.
#3Dr_Kain(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2014 11:21:47 PM
splashinkarp posted...
What defines a real Metroid game? Other M's problem seems to be that they gave Samus a personality, even if you think it's a horrible personality, it's still personality. Just fix the writing and Other M is a pretty solid Metroid game.

Poor first person mechanics. The game focused 80% on combat with 20% on exploration. You were locked out of areas after a certain point. The controls were down right awful.
---
Welcome to GameFAQs, where having an opinion is a declaration of war.
#4Motobug321Posted 3/2/2014 11:40:07 PM
I swear, am I the only person on the planet who liked Other M?? I mean, don't get me wrong, it was very disappointing by Metroid standards, but it was by no means a bad game. At least, I enjoyed it for what it was.

Bleh, anyway. For the next Metroid game, I would like to see them make another 2D one. I know the Wii U has a lot of 2D games already, but I have always much preferred the 2D Metroid games to the Prime games. (though the Prime games were still great)
#5splashinkarpPosted 3/2/2014 11:45:39 PM
Dr_Kain posted...
splashinkarp posted...

Poor first person mechanics. The game focused 80% on combat with 20% on exploration. You were locked out of areas after a certain point. The controls were down right awful.

I personally enjoyed Other M. I thought including fodder teammates was nice. It gave you a real sense of danger. Too bad they were mostly forgettable. I would prefer more combat focus than exploration focus. That would make the game incredibly boring. Samus is a bounty hunter not Indiana Jones. If anything we need a Metroid game where she goes on bounty hunts. Not exploring a pyramid for the crystal skull.
#6xXDa-KidXxPosted 3/2/2014 11:47:19 PM
Other M was a great game.

Great Gameplay.
Badass Samus.
Good Exploration.
Ok story, could of been better but nothing detrimental to the series or character that can't be fixed.
---
NNID: xXDaKidXx
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/DaKidWiiTrailers (Check it out if you love Nintendo)
#7robomagonPosted 3/2/2014 11:50:23 PM
Dr_Kain posted...
Not that Other M bs, I want a real Metroid again. I don't care if it is a 2D side scroller or another Prime-like game, I just want a new one that has phenomenal music, great controls, makes great use of the gamepad (also has the option for Wii remote), and most of all, focuses on exploration over combat.

Hear, hear!

I second your motion.
+1 if it's 2D with real pixel art.
---
DO NOT WRITE BELOW THIS LINE
#8AMGPosted 3/3/2014 12:03:45 AM
My dream Metroid game would basically be Super Metroid on a massive scale. Just think about how huge and beautiful the world could be. The gamepad would be great for weapon, suit and map management.
#9ReedeemerPosted 3/3/2014 2:42:04 AM
I still want another pixelated Metroid game ala Super, Fusion, and Zero Mission. Just throw some 3D on it, make it look amazing, and put it on the 3DS. If its a WiiU game then I want to be surprised, just not bad surprised like otherM. Hopefully Sakamoto has learned his lesson about messing with the story of characters that have existed for over 20 years. You'd think from all the time spent around Nintendo that he'd of known the best decision with Samus was go the Link route and have a silent character, never delving too much into background story.

& PLZ, no more collaborations with other studios
/cries
---
NNiD: rZetro
PSN: Zetro-X
#10DChybridkingPosted 3/3/2014 3:59:10 AM
xXDa-KidXx posted...
Other M was a great game.

Great Gameplay.
Badass Samus.
Good Exploration.
Ok story, could of been better but nothing detrimental to the series or character that can't be fixed.

We must have very different standards of badass
---
Fight to preserve that which inspires hope - Ezio Auditore