Question about transferring virtual console games to Wii U.

#1Synbios459Posted 3/3/2014 5:08:25 AM(edited)
If I buy an SD card, put all my VC games that I bought on my Wii on it, can I transfer them to my Wii U?
---
White 2 FC: 0863-1151-3669
#2JonbazookabozPosted 3/3/2014 5:12:04 AM
Synbios459 posted...
If I buy an SD card, put all my VC games that I bought on my Wii on it, can I transfer them to my Wii U?

U need the sd card. However u need to perform an actual system transfer (via the wii u options and the transfer app in the wii) Its not just a case of swapping data via the sd card. The data is tied to the console.
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
#3Synbios459(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2014 5:26:11 AM
Hmm...So I have a lot of VC games that I bought but not all are downloaded to my Wii, so should I download all of them on my Wii and then do the transfer? Thing is since from what I read it has to be on the Wii console itself I don't think my Wiis internal memory has enough free space to allow me to have ALL my VC games downloaded at once, so can I download all what I can, transfer that, then download the rest and transfer again?

Also, since it says it deletes everything from the Wii, including saves after transfer can I copy my saves to a separate SD card not used in the transfer process, then when I'm finished transferring everything over copy the saves back to the Wii? Reason being is I currently still use mods such as Project M for Brawl and would like to keep my Brawl save on my Wii so I can still have everything unlocked. I don't care for any other saves though.
---
White 2 FC: 0863-1151-3669