Not a troll topic: Let's discuss Mario Party U

#1sonic777Posted 3/4/2014 6:07:00 PM
Greetings comrades.

Let's put some ideas that could be used in the Mario Party U game that's bound to come out.

1. Players pass around the Game Pad when it's their turn. Their items are only shown on the Pad, as are any other vital stats. The only thing that shows up on the main TV screen is where they are on the map.

2. 4 player mini games would require each player to use the Wii-mote (Pro Controller, etc). The Game Pad displays the scores, etc.

3. 1 vs 3 mini games default to the Game Pad vs the 3 other players.

4. 1 v 1 Duels can take place solely on the game pad with each player having one analogue stick and buttons.

Etc....
---
ZeroArchery posted... I know, I missed the 1 on my keyboard. 3DS stayed at 2.7 Million for its first year. Wii U already passed it.
#2SwinetoruPosted 3/4/2014 6:14:32 PM
I like those ideas, I hope Mario Party 10 gets revealed at this year's E3.
#3sonic777(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2014 6:36:40 PM
It's so sad how a topic for discussion is ignored, yet board users are always crying how they want discussion on the board.

Guess that makes them liars.

D:
---
ZeroArchery posted... I know, I missed the 1 on my keyboard. 3DS stayed at 2.7 Million for its first year. Wii U already passed it.
#4RobotPirteGhostPosted 3/4/2014 6:44:09 PM
I'd enjoy a new Mario Party game. Maybe it could have online play? Not a requirement or anything, but I think MP could benefit from having online.
---
RIP City of Heroes and Paragon Studios - Killed by NCsoft.
Not changing this line until Dimitri, Moosh, and Ricky appear in another LOZ game (7/20/09)
#5sonic777(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2014 6:46:10 PM
RobotPirteGhost posted...
I'd enjoy a new Mario Party game. Maybe it could have online play? Not a requirement or anything, but I think MP could benefit from having online.

I can't believe I omitted that in the OP.
---
#6RucalPosted 3/4/2014 7:34:49 PM
I just want them to go back to the old Mario Party formula.
---
"Can dogs see the 3ds?" - Jamianes
"Yes, they can see the 3DS. =)" - O2Ash
#7DiscostewSMPosted 3/4/2014 7:38:23 PM
Something along the lines of the mini games in Wii Party U (but much better).
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#8BiggerRidIeyPosted 3/4/2014 7:41:52 PM
I have a mighty need!
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
#9iKhan88Posted 3/4/2014 7:47:07 PM
1. Stop making it so luck based,
2. Base it off the N64 trilogy
3. Get the guys from Hudson Soft to make it.
---
"That does not excuse the things we have done. It is merely a motive, not a justification" --Kratos Aurion
#10JobocanPosted 3/4/2014 7:47:43 PM
I frankly haven't cared for Mario Party since 3 (though I preferred 2), and wouldn't buy a new one on any system (if I want to play a game with my friends, I'll either bring out Smash, or a proper fun board game).

One thing I will say is... either it shouldn't have online (nothing like waiting 10 minutes for someone to roll the dice, right?), or it should replace players who take too long with CPUs. And even then I feel a full game is too long for online.
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My Collection