Not a troll topic: Let's discuss Mario Party U

#11iKhan88Posted 3/4/2014 8:48:24 PM
RobotPirteGhost posted...
I'd enjoy a new Mario Party game. Maybe it could have online play? Not a requirement or anything, but I think MP could benefit from having online.

It won't. Consider this, even though it rendered the game nearly unplayable, Nintendo refused to include online play in Mario Party: Island Tour.
---
"That does not excuse the things we have done. It is merely a motive, not a justification" --Kratos Aurion
#12DiscostewSMPosted 3/4/2014 8:53:10 PM
Jobocan posted...
I frankly haven't cared for Mario Party since 3 (though I preferred 2), and wouldn't buy a new one on any system (if I want to play a game with my friends, I'll either bring out Smash, or a proper fun board game).

One thing I will say is... either it shouldn't have online (nothing like waiting 10 minutes for someone to roll the dice, right?), or it should replace players who take too long with CPUs. And even then I feel a full game is too long for online.

I kinda like that, but with a little change. If you take too long on your turn with the dice or minigames, a CPU takes over and you forfeit that portion until the next one comes up, but you must activate an "I'm back" trigger prior to them to regain control. CPUs won't use any special items during the dice phase.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#13NotSoSupermanPosted 3/4/2014 9:03:42 PM
I'd like a new Mario Parry. With TONS of mini-games.
---
N3DS: 1418 - 7024 - 0707
ACNL: Jupiter PKMY: Jonathan; [Dragon] Noibat, Druddigon, Gabite
#14JobocanPosted 3/4/2014 9:04:39 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
Jobocan posted...
I frankly haven't cared for Mario Party since 3 (though I preferred 2), and wouldn't buy a new one on any system (if I want to play a game with my friends, I'll either bring out Smash, or a proper fun board game).

One thing I will say is... either it shouldn't have online (nothing like waiting 10 minutes for someone to roll the dice, right?), or it should replace players who take too long with CPUs. And even then I feel a full game is too long for online.

I kinda like that, but with a little change. If you take too long on your turn with the dice or minigames, a CPU takes over and you forfeit that portion until the next one comes up, but you must activate an "I'm back" trigger prior to them to regain control. CPUs won't use any special items during the dice phase.

Yeah, that would also work, and do the same if the player disconnects. Make them easy mode, too, and make the CPU's loss affect your win-lose ratio (would make disconnects less frequent), if they'd even track such a stat.
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My Collection
#15DTY3Posted 3/4/2014 9:12:21 PM
iKhan88 posted...
1. Stop making it so luck based,
2. Base it off the N64 trilogy
3. Get the guys from Hudson Soft to make it.

The first two statements contradict each other.
---
Sonic Lost World Silent Forest Zone 1 USA Record:
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKla-WiSyg
#16Mandrew257Posted 3/4/2014 9:14:33 PM
RobotPirteGhost posted...
I'd enjoy a new Mario Party game. Maybe it could have online play? Not a requirement or anything, but I think MP could benefit from having online.

Hmmm. It COULD work if you're playing with the right people online. Rage Quitters on the other hand would just ruin the online experience. Mario Party is known to be one of the most rage educing games ever, that's my only problem. Plus if lag is an issue, that would make things much worse.
---
FOOLISH YOUTH...the soil knows all - Rolf
PSN/NNID: Mandrew257
#17CubeTVPosted 3/4/2014 9:18:01 PM
Mario Party 10! The first Wii U game to make use of more than one Wii U gamepad and more (see below)! There is also a choice of controller this time around. No more forced motion controls for those of you who don't like Wii Party.

We have taken some notes from the Mario Kart series and are... For the first time ever... Including online multiplayer! Compete from all over the world with mini games and mini game leaderboards. Will you be the best at (record mini game like Pokey Pummel or Fun Run)? For those of you with lots of friends but are far away, you can all join together and play online. Play with your friends in all new retro themed boards. Play Wario's Battle Canyon, Deep Bloober Sea, Pirate Dream, Neon Heights and DK's Treetop Temple from all over the world! For those classic fans of Mario Party, this will revolutionize the way you play!

To keep the couch experience, the gamepad will function as a camera so you and your buddies can see what you all are doing. in order to prevent others from stalling, there will be a automatic disconnect if you don't have any imput anything for 10 seconds on a board Or try the new boards Buzzy Bettle's Basement, Bowser's Raceway and more. This will be the Ultimate party providing Unlimited fun for the Universe. Only on Wii U!
---
YouTube: www.Youtube.com/AdNintendogs
#18iKhan88Posted 3/4/2014 9:20:12 PM
DTY3 posted...
iKhan88 posted...
1. Stop making it so luck based,
2. Base it off the N64 trilogy
3. Get the guys from Hudson Soft to make it.

The first two statements contradict each other.

The N64 Trilogy were the least luck based in the series. Hell Mario Party 1 actually tested physical endurance.

Mario Party is supposed to be somewhat luck based, but more recent entries have taken it too far.
---
"That does not excuse the things we have done. It is merely a motive, not a justification" --Kratos Aurion
#19DiscostewSMPosted 3/4/2014 9:21:00 PM
As long as it doesn't involve a lot of Analog stick rotating.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#20MikasaAyanamiPosted 3/4/2014 9:21:58 PM
I would play MP U for sure.