Nintendo doing Nintendo things has worked out for every single gen...

#1sonicfanaticjtbPosted 3/4/2014 11:14:53 PM(edited)
Regardless of specs, how far behind in times Nintendo supposedly is, and sales, we still end the gen with an awesome library of games. A library of games made up of both 1st and 3rd party games. I don't see any reason why the Wii U should be any different.

Edit: Messed up my title a little, lol. It's supposed to read "Nintendo doing Nintendo things has worked out for us every single gen..."
---
"God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy"
"Tell that someone that you love, just what you're thinking of, if tomorrow never comes"
#2Kromlech06Posted 3/4/2014 11:14:55 PM
I agree it's too early to call it quits on the WiiU, but this is the first time they launched a console without a good first party title, so it'll be interesting to see how they recover from this faux pas.
---
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957
CBS Interactive does NOT want you throwing tantrums like a child for being put in the timeout corner.
#3STN79Posted 3/4/2014 11:19:23 PM
Gameboy was technically pathetic compared to the Gamegear and you see how that turned out.
More power doesn't always win. Take N64 for example. Yeah it used cartridges but it was a 64 bit system where PS1 was only 32-bit. Sony still dominated anyway even with the weaker console.
---
It is artists, not technicians, who make excellent games. "Hiroshi yamauchi"
#4TransdudePosted 3/4/2014 11:23:50 PM
STN79 posted...
Gameboy was technically pathetic compared to the Gamegear and you see how that turned out.
More power doesn't always win. Take N64 for example. Yeah it used cartridges but it was a 64 bit system where PS1 was only 32-bit. Sony still dominated anyway even with the weaker console.

Despite the irony of how the least powerful consoles have always sold the best, power has nothing to do with how well a console sells. Also, the PS4 is already on the track to break this tradition.
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS FC: 2750-1600-2747 | Origin ID, NNID, & Live GT: Transdude1996
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996
#5Breastmilkn_DipPosted 3/4/2014 11:25:12 PM
sonicfanaticjtb posted...
"Nintendo doing Nintendo things has worked out for us every single gen..."

It seems the phenomenally lo-fi entry criteria for "worked out" just got even lower for the easily pleased.

---
"One game has the power to change everything" Iwata 30/10/13
"It is difficult to change our prospects with just one title" Iwata 31/10/13
#6GoldenJoe24Posted 3/5/2014 12:10:21 AM
Kromlech06 posted...
I agree it's too early to call it quits on the WiiU, but this is the first time they launched a console without a good first party title, so it'll be interesting to see how they recover from this faux pas.

What gamecube launch title beat Nintendo Land and NSMBW?
#7DarkAdonis123Posted 3/5/2014 12:30:16 AM
Nintendo doing Nintendo things has never caused them to eat a loss consecutive years though, until now. Clearly it's time for restructuring. Doesn't matter who you are, doing the same thing over and over will only work of so long.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#8EternalDividePosted 3/5/2014 1:23:33 AM
The problem is the new "thing" Nintendo is doing this time around is sitting back and putting next to no effort into developing games.
---
Square Enix: Crushing dreams since 2003
Elbow Rocket!
#9fuzi11Posted 3/5/2014 1:39:05 AM
Yeah, Nintendo launches have traditionally been crappy, but at the end of the lifetime we had always a great library of games. That's why it doesn't really matter if the Wii U is failing or not, because those people who actually buy a wii u (and care) will eventually have many games.

Personally I am looking forward to capcom announcements in the future, hopefully we get another vs capcom game. Even though I didn't know anyone from Tatsunoko, that specific game was simply amazing. And maybe we get a new Okami-styled game. Come on Capcom, the drawing mechanic would work wonders on the gamepad.
#10Zellio2014Posted 3/5/2014 1:45:00 AM
STN79 posted...

The N64 had that texture size limit that made most games blurry, as well as the cart limit, so it can be debated as to which console was more powerful.