Has anyone actually sold their Wii U?

#1That_Damn_KidPosted 3/5/2014 8:29:09 AM
Just curious. If so why?

I've considered it, since I may be getting only a handful of games for it this year. I think Mario Kart alone is what is making me hold onto it.
---
I'm not a kid, I just act like one
GT: ITS DAT DAM KID --- PSN: Lamburghini89///PS4, X1, Wii U, 360, 3DS
#2Motobug321Posted 3/5/2014 8:32:26 AM
No way. Way too many great games out and coming out for me to ever consider selling it.
#3The_shoemakerPosted 3/5/2014 8:34:47 AM
I think people are too quick to sell things. They don't use a console for a couple months and they think they don't want it anymore. It's funny, I've heard of a lot of people say they've sold their Wii U/3DS but they'll buy another one when such and such comes out and buy a new one - why even sell it in the first place?
---
Check out the amazing band "ESCAPE THE FATE" right here! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02Me9nPk5ro
#4Cubfan082Posted 3/5/2014 8:35:49 AM
I looked into it, game stop was offering 128 dollars for the black and you got 30% bump if you used it to purchase a new console. I had the PS4 in my hands but put it down.

this system does not have a sustainable library, I won't have it as my primary for this entire gen. I will either finally get back to PC gaming it get a PS4, I will never own a bone unless someone gives it to me.
---
Regarding teaching pigs to sing: "It wastes your time and annoys the pig" ~Mark Twain
#5Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 3/5/2014 8:39:04 AM
That_Damn_Kid posted...
Just curious. If so why?

I've considered it, since I may be getting only a handful of games for it this year. I think Mario Kart alone is what is making me hold onto it.

I sold mine. Quality third party games went from being crappy glitchy ports, to almost nonexistent, and the exclusives hardly interest me because most of them are simply worse samey sequels of games I have already.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17oodar3kvfbjjpg/original.jpg
#6AndoMikePosted 3/5/2014 8:48:52 AM
I've had mine since day 1 and have no plans of selling; still love it! However, if you go by the users on this board, there have been more WiiUs sold back then were ever purchased in the first place. So go figure!
---
NNID: AndoMike
PSN: AndoMike
#7mcsmellingtonPosted 3/5/2014 8:50:21 AM
I would but it's got cosmetic damage to the Gamepad where the dog chewed it. By the time he'd done that, the resale value had fallen so much that it hardly seemed worth it anyway. I've kept it (although I'm not paying 85 to repair the gamepad), and I bring it out very occasionally if there's something worth playing (not used it in a while).
---
GT: McPoo Friend Code: 0146-9590-6349
PSN/NNID: McSmellington
#8icarus231Posted 3/5/2014 8:50:51 AM
DDP886 has sold like 12. On without the gamepad.

In reality no, no one probably has as that would be stupid to buy one and turn around and sell it.
---
NNID: Icarus231
PSN: Icarus_231
#9Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 3/5/2014 8:52:45 AM(edited)
icarus231 posted...

In reality no, no one probably has as that would be stupid to buy one and turn around and sell it.

Does reality have some secondary meaning that I am not aware of. I'm sure I have seen Used Wii U's in gamestop and all over the internet...
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17oodar3kvfbjjpg/original.jpg
#10AndoMikePosted 3/5/2014 8:53:07 AM
icarus231 posted...

Yeah, that's no joke. Basically, he purchased 4 and sold 28; one with no gamepad. I've since added him to my overflowing ignore list; so I'm sure those figures have doubled since then.
---
NNID: AndoMike
PSN: AndoMike