If Nintendo fans don't buy 3rd party games, why will they buy indie games?

#1Zellio2014Posted 3/5/2014 11:58:18 AM
I bet this 'put indie games on the Wii U' craze will be dead in a year.
#2sharinaginPosted 3/5/2014 11:58:56 AM
Price.
---
Our knowledge has made us cynical. Our cleverness, hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery we need humanity.
#3NovaLevossidaPosted 3/5/2014 12:02:19 PM
Indie games are just smaller third party games. I'm genuinely curious to see how they perform on the Wii U, but outside of exclusives, I imagine they'll fall off the radar in due time.
---
I think the launch of other video game systems is also good for us - Iwata of Nintendo
the playstation 2 sure helped dreamcast - magemaximus
#4SyCo_VeNoMPosted 3/5/2014 12:03:04 PM
The indy games I've played so far I've had way more fun then anything I've played from ubi, EA, or activision in years (well outside AC2 from ubi that I think was just an anomaly).
I will grant you some are pretty poor(but hey the big boys do it too), but a good pile of others are pretty well put together, and are fun to play like games of the past.
#5TerotrousPosted 3/5/2014 12:04:01 PM
They're closer to the kinds of games the Nintendo audience wants. Nintendo gamers may not care about stuff like Call of Duty, but they like 3D Platformers, so A Hat in Time is a better fit for them.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
http://whatliesbeyondnovel.blogspot.ca/ - My novel, updates weekly
#6Tempest717Posted 3/5/2014 12:04:07 PM
Indies are the only 3rd parties still supporting the Wii U.
---
NNID/PSN: Tempest717
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lybewnsXOY1qikhz3o1_r1_500.gif
#7JonbazookabozPosted 3/5/2014 12:05:17 PM
The developers get more money and control of their product on wii u so yes i will be supporting them. Plain and simple
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
#8ThunderPotatoPosted 3/5/2014 12:08:31 PM
I buy Indie games, but picking the few good ones out of the majority is tiring sometimes.
Only problem with me purchasing them on console is that they can be had for very cheap on PC (humble bundles and the like)
---
If you happen to know how to become a paid shill for Microsoft, pm me.
#9arvilinoPosted 3/5/2014 12:17:33 PM(edited)
Zellio2014 posted...
I bet this 'put indie games on the Wii U' craze will be dead in a year.

They're cheaper and because the indies have a lower budget the games tend to be more about the core gameplay ideas.

Also some of them on 3DS like Mutant Mudds or Gunman Clive actually sell better than on steam, mobiles and/or tablets for example.
---
'The fact of the matter is that we've been here constantly. We've been betraying peoples expectations, in a good way, for a long time.'
3DS: 2449-4649-4995
#10stargazer64Posted 3/5/2014 12:20:59 PM
1) Cheaper

2) Typically they aren't inferior to versions found elsewhere, and the devs actually put effort in to make sure of this.

3) Nintendo fans do buy third party games. Most of the time when a third party game sells badly there are reasons (niche title, delayed for no reason, released months or years after other versions, worse online, no DLC, worse performance, etc).
---
"[Mcnugget2256] you're weak sauce! A nugget dipped into WEAKSAUCE!" - OhGoodGrief