Your opinion of the modern Industry?

#1zelda3003Posted 3/5/2014 3:48:56 PM
Out of Wii U, PS4 and Xbox One The Wii U is the only one I find interesting. The Xbox One and PS4 are just so god damn similar. The games are the same, the systems are the same. I just can't find myself interested in two generic devices.

The Wii U on the other hand does interest me, the games are nearly all exclusive to the platform and the ones that aren't benefit from the unique aspects of the gamepad.

I'm not saying either the PS4 and Xbox One are bad systems but I am saying they aren't interesting. Sure Batman Arkham knight and Metal Gear Solid 5 are coming but does it matter what system you get it for? Not really. Same experience with perhaps a slight performance difference,

If anything I would go for Xbox One simply because it's getting some games. Dead Rising 3, Project Spark (Beta) and Crimson Dragon (Panzer Dragoon sucessor) are already here with Halo coming soon (Guarenteed to supply years of enjoyment).

PS4 on the other hand doesn't have a whole lot, Infamous soon which is bound to be good but then what? The order looks generic, uncharted 3 wasn't too fun so I don't have high hopes for Uncharted 4 and that's really it for Playstation 4.
#2LifelessBoyPosted 3/5/2014 3:55:11 PM
The modern industry gave me DayZ, Arma 3, Hotline Miami, Pokemon X, and many more.

It will eventually give me a next-gen Mass Effect, Halo, Last Of Us, Uncharted, Metal Gear, Fallout and an HD Super Smash Bros. I love it.
---
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/LifelessFather/stats/424981216/ps4/ GT: YFAL Putipuelko - PSN: LifelessFather - Steam ID: YFAL_Putipuelko
#3WildsparkPosted 3/5/2014 4:07:07 PM
I like it a lot.
---
I'm an idiot savant, didn't you know?- Shawn Hunter
#4Kromlech06Posted 3/5/2014 4:15:46 PM
Agree on all points TC, except where it comes to Xbone vs PS4, I simply trust Sony more as a company.
---
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957
CBS Interactive does NOT want you throwing tantrums like a child for being put in the timeout corner.
#5Dux_XPosted 3/5/2014 4:23:14 PM
I hate it so much. And I'm not just talking crap, I basically quit gaming and following the industry last-gen because of how bad it was. Nintendo was off making garbage (Except Skyward Sword) with a crappy console that had an even worse controller. The rest of the industry treats video games like they're Hollywood movies.

By this I mean we get trailers with ZERO game play and people get excited over it. Wtf...I miss when games were about game play and a trailer showed you all of the cool things that you were going to be able to do in the game.

Just recently I saw some posts on here talking about the new Tomb Raider game and the upgraded version and someone was blown away by how the trees all blow in the wind at some point in the game. Really...that's what game discussion has been reduced to? Trees blowing in the wind?

My brother showed me the trailer for The Order (thinking I would be blown away) and when it was over I was like "where is the gameplay for this? I know NOTHING about the game." A while back I looked into getting Dark Siders II for Wii U, looked up a trailer on Youtube. It was some CG scene of some guy fighting giant monsters in a forest. I have no idea what the hell that game is about or what kind of game it is. It could be an RTS or a hack and slash, for all I know.

It's terrible, I hate it. I'm glad Nintendo dropped that crappy motion control crap and made a real controller that you can play traditionally with.

Hopefully the small sample size of people I know are indicative of the rest of the world because it seems like this video game Hollywood fad is dying out. I hope in the next 2 gens we'll see the industry be more about creativity, imagination, and fun than about trees blowing in the wind, facial recognition, and a water reflections.
---
"I'm going to shave...too"-Mitch Hedberg
R.I.P Mitch Hedberg (1968-2005)
#6wugeezyPosted 3/5/2014 4:36:11 PM(edited)
Some of the modern trends that worry me is stuff like dlc. When done right, like undead nightmare, it does what dlc promised the first time I heard about it. It will bring new chapters to games I already loved. Then there is this gray area I'm not fond of. That on disc dlc that you pay to unlock, or microtransactions that boost stats. Basically when corporations began getting greedy and started charging for features that used to be free..

I also worry about how much games are costing to develop these days. I get inflation and all that, but when a game sells a million copies and is still considered a flop is worrisome. Seeing developers close their doors left and right even after "successful" games. Its a scary trend.
#7icewolf74Posted 3/5/2014 4:35:53 PM
The modern industry: it sucks.

</thread>
---
My Current Consoles: PS4, PS3, SNES, Genesis, Neo Geo Gold, 3DS XL
San Diego Charger's Fan since 1990
#8StarmanJunior64Posted 3/5/2014 4:36:59 PM
The average gamer is a one-sided tool who is reduced to tears if their console of choice is mocked, yet they feel the right to dish it out against the competition.

Microsoft is as slimy as slimy gets, while Nintendo and Sony still have some integrity.

However, thanks to the vast competitiveness and trolling of both gamer and company alike, I'm sure we're not getting nearly as many good games as we could be getting, because people keep on focusing on the wrong things.
---
Playing: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, Tales of Phantasia, Donkey Kong 64, and Pokemon Blue
#9icewolf74Posted 3/5/2014 4:42:15 PM
StarmanJunior64 posted...
The average gamer is a one-sided tool who is reduced to tears if their console of choice is mocked, yet they feel the right to dish it out against the competition.

Microsoft is as slimy as slimy gets, while Nintendo and Sony still have some integrity.

However, thanks to the vast competitiveness and trolling of both gamer and company alike, I'm sure we're not getting nearly as many good games as we could be getting, because people keep on focusing on the wrong things.

Well don't forget the economy too. Publishers are sticking with what's safe to make moolah, instead of taking risks with games like they did prior to 2008. In my eyes, the industry has pretty much crashed for games that are same old, same old on the Wii U/PS4/Xbox One. It really does suck. I wish I could jump out of this hobby, but the nostalgia of the great games of yesterday is what keeps me coming back to newer generations. I guess there is a part of me that hopes that those great games will make a return one day.
---
My Current Consoles: PS4, PS3, SNES, Genesis, Neo Geo Gold, 3DS XL
San Diego Charger's Fan since 1990
#10Dux_XPosted 3/5/2014 4:43:43 PM
I'm surprised that everyone shares the same sentiment as me.

Even Nintendo is being lame. Easy mode in Fire Emblem, non-linear Zelda, etc. Wtf
---
"I'm going to shave...too"-Mitch Hedberg
R.I.P Mitch Hedberg (1968-2005)