Your opinion of the modern Industry?

#21Dux_XPosted 3/5/2014 6:52:35 PM
Wow...this topic has completely surprised me.

Btw, I don't remember OoT, MM, WW, or TP being open world.
---
"I'm going to shave...too"-Mitch Hedberg
R.I.P Mitch Hedberg (1968-2005)
#22TransdudePosted 3/5/2014 6:53:59 PM
Dux_X posted...
Wow...this topic has completely surprised me.

Btw, I don't remember OoT, MM, WW, or TP being open world.

Pretty much all the Zelda games are open world, to some degree.
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS FC: 2750-1600-2747 | Origin ID, NNID, & Live GT: Transdude1996
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996
#23Dux_XPosted 3/5/2014 7:00:11 PM
I clearly remember Zelda game not letting you advance to the next temple until you do certain stuff before it. Maybe I'm confused as to what open world means.
---
#24SuigintouEVPosted 3/5/2014 7:49:59 PM
My thoughts:

- Online is over-rated. Local multiplayer and single player forever
- Japanese companies and western indies need to stick to it and don't need massive budgets.
- Could not care less about Western AAA publishers...
- ugh, phone games.

Dux_X posted...
IA while back I looked into getting Dark Siders II for Wii U, looked up a trailer on Youtube. It was some CG scene of some guy fighting giant monsters in a forest. I have no idea what the hell that game is about or what kind of game it is. It could be an RTS or a hack and slash, for all I know.

For the record, it's a Zelda clone.

Lol, no they're not. They're linear as linear gets, besides the new one on 3DS. About the extent of "open world" was OoT with being able to do a few late-game temples out-of-order, but even that wasn't exactly sequence-breaking or anything.
---
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II
#25Dux_XPosted 3/5/2014 7:57:24 PM
SuigintouEV posted...
My thoughts:

- Japanese companies and western indies need to stick to it and don't need massive budgets.
- ugh, phone games.

Dux_X posted...
IA while back I looked into getting Dark Siders II for Wii U, looked up a trailer on Youtube. It was some CG scene of some guy fighting giant monsters in a forest. I have no idea what the hell that game is about or what kind of game it is. It could be an RTS or a hack and slash, for all I know.

For the record, it's a Zelda clone.

Lol, no they're not. They're linear as linear gets, besides the new one on 3DS. About the extent of "open world" was OoT with being able to do a few late-game temples out-of-order, but even that wasn't exactly sequence-breaking or anything.

Whaaat? Really? Now I'm interested...
---
#26Punda_PrimePosted 3/5/2014 8:14:49 PM
SuigintouEV posted...
My thoughts:

- ugh, phone games.

Disagree with the first; online multiplayer has been a staple since the 90's at least for PC games the fact that Nintendo treats it as some untested black magic not withstanding. Though to be fair the best online experience are found playing with friends rather than randoms; they work as a couch multiplayer unconstrained by physical space.

Agree with the other three though; my favorite games now are world of tanks and Catan on 360, which while not indie or japanese are not massive budget console titles either. And of course phone and facebook games do suck

On a side point it would be good to see Catan on wii u, as the gamepad could allow multiplayer offline play.
---
Man who hesitates is not only lost but also miles from next exit
#27SuigintouEVPosted 3/5/2014 8:32:55 PM
Punda_Prime posted...
Disagree with the first; online multiplayer has been a staple since the 90's at least for PC games the fact that Nintendo treats it as some untested black magic not withstanding. Though to be fair the best online experience are found playing with friends rather than randoms; they work as a couch multiplayer unconstrained by physical space.

It's not Nintendo I'm defending.

I'm also defending the excellent PS3 games that came out all last gen that people didn't give a second look because they weren't online.
---
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II
#28Punda_PrimePosted 3/7/2014 9:17:45 AM
SuigintouEV posted...
Punda_Prime posted...

It's not Nintendo I'm defending.

I'm also defending the excellent PS3 games that came out all last gen that people didn't give a second look because they weren't online.

Well some games JRPGs and platformers don't benefit from online play, but for others like mario kart nintendo could have done a better job implementing such things like voice chat or a proper friends list during the last generation, though to be fair the Nintendo service was free. If Nintendo got a gold of it, world of tanks wii u could offer a good use for the gamepad as a second player gunner option.
---
Man who hesitates is not only lost but also miles from next exit
#29ThunderPotatoPosted 3/7/2014 9:28:10 AM
Xbox, PS2, Gamecube were all pretty similar.
---
If you happen to know how to become a paid shill for Microsoft, pm me.