Why are we not BEGGING for more third party games???

#21Mavrick588Posted 3/6/2014 7:43:55 AM
Because third party are almost universally inferior to Nintendo First party games.
Therefore we are BEGGING for more First Party games instead.

Simple
---
"Video-games are bad for you? That's what they said about Rock 'N' Roll"- Shigeru Miyamoto
#22DeathSoul2000Posted 3/6/2014 7:43:55 AM
What good does begging do? Just makes Nintendo fans look even more pathetic.
#23Zellio2014Posted 3/6/2014 7:44:09 AM
NSGraphite posted...
Because hardcore nintendrones dont give a rat's ass about 3rd party games, and the 3rd party developers know it.

Nintendo fans shot themselves and nintendo in the foot the last couple of generations by being obsessed with nintendo franchises and ignoring everything else. if you want someone to blame, blame the fans.

This has gone on since the N64, as the people who didn't switch to Playstation were hardcore Nintendo fans.
#24Neo_HeartlessPosted 3/6/2014 7:44:48 AM
Jackal posted...
Because ti won't do much good for one. The other reason is because not many are actually going to buy them. They just want to be able to say that "The game is coming to the Wii U!" Cheer, jeer and sneer and then go back to playing Mario.

The hardcore fanboys yes, in the same way the hardcore Sony fanboys sent death threats when FFXIII went Multiplat.

The problem is it's not them third parties have to convince to buy the game, but everyone else, and why should they even bother when everyone else has a 360 or PS3?

"Nintendo fans only buy Nintendo games" is a convenient excuse third parties use to justify the fact that they can't afford to cultivate a gamer market on the WiiU when it would cut into sales on the 360 and PS3. This is also why we're going to be seeing games released on those consoles well into 2014 and possibly beyond.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#25FayeLadyPosted 3/6/2014 8:08:34 AM(edited)
Neo_Heartless posted...
Jackal posted...
Because ti won't do much good for one. The other reason is because not many are actually going to buy them. They just want to be able to say that "The game is coming to the Wii U!" Cheer, jeer and sneer and then go back to playing Mario.

The hardcore fanboys yes, in the same way the hardcore Sony fanboys sent death threats when FFXIII went Multiplat.

The problem is it's not them third parties have to convince to buy the game, but everyone else, and why should they even bother when everyone else has a 360 or PS3?

"Nintendo fans only buy Nintendo games" is a convenient excuse third parties use to justify the fact that they can't afford to cultivate a gamer market on the WiiU when it would cut into sales on the 360 and PS3. This is also why we're going to be seeing games released on those consoles well into 2014 and possibly beyond.

Thats kinda the point. Very few people only have a Wii U. Those that play other consoles can get their third party games their. Those that don't clearly don't care to much about those third party games.

Thats why the outcry over third party support is limited to forums like this, because it doesn't mean much to the average gamer. Either they care enough to buy a console with decent third party support or they don't. No one need complain about something they can fix themselves. Its not much deeper than that TC.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#26TullyBlanchardPosted 3/6/2014 8:13:24 AM
Time to start hookin'
---
Follow Me! @Dagatassy - Nintendo Network ID: Dagatassy
#27Neo_HeartlessPosted 3/6/2014 8:26:47 AM
FayeLady posted...
Neo_Heartless posted...
Jackal posted...

Thats kinda the point. Very few people only have a Wii U. Those that play other consoles can get their third party games their. Those that don't clearly don't care to much about those third party games.

Thats why the outcry over third party support is limited to forums like this, because it doesn't mean much to the average gamer. Either they care enough to buy a console with decent third party support or they don't. No one need complain about something they can fix themselves. Its not much deeper than that TC.

This is also why many Xbone and PS4 games are marked as the "definitive version". My making them stand out as such, it makes them seem more important and thus more wanted. We've not seen this with any WiiU game apart from Batman getting the "Armoured Edition" and even then doesn't make it sound more important than "GOTY".

Why does this happen? Well I believe western third parties are throwing their lot in with the PS4 and Xbone. They identify that eventually the gamers that bought their games on the 360 and PS3 will eventually move onto the PS4 and Xbone, so they'll take chances on them even though at their current points they're only slightly less risky than the WiiU. To many western third parties the WiiU, and by extension the 3DS, are markets they don't want to exist, because they feel that they cut into the other consoles markets. I don't fully feel that's wrong, because a single console market would be the most beneficial to third parties, but it's the dishonesty behind all of it that gets me.

To be honest, if they can get away with it, I feel that you might see third parties start to steer support away from Microsoft and get more people interested in the PS4.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#28humanspider7Posted 3/6/2014 8:27:42 AM
I agree, we need those 3rd party games. I'm stuck with just a Wii U, and Batman Arkham Knight was just revealed, and not for Wii U.
#29FayeLadyPosted 3/6/2014 8:39:23 AM(edited)
As far as i'm concerned, Definitive edition isn't any better than GOTY edition. If TR released a definitive edition on PS3 with all of the DLC and none of the graphical upgrades, I don't think anyone would have raised an objection any more than they do over the several games all claiming GOTY.

A single console market isn't beneficial to third parties. That gives the first party behind that console way to much power. I can see an argument for why its good for us as gamers to have all the games we want to play on a single console, but whats good for us is rarely whats good for the companies. Thats where the majority of strife in the industry comes from.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#30SyCo_VeNoMPosted 3/6/2014 8:54:45 AM
FayeLady posted...

I think most those that act like they care so much are alts of the anti Nintendo trolls to try and lure people into agreeing so they can cal them names so they can get their shallow daily gratification of picking on some unknown person on the internet.

As to the OP question in the topic if I really wanted to play their crap I have a PC, and guess what I don't buy their games on that either so why would I beg for them on the Wii U?
So I won't beg for the ability to get the chance to wait to pay a premium for crap that has less then the crap they put on the other systems.
But hey thinking like that makes you a Nintendrone on this forum as you know out of the 80 or so games I bought the past year 8-9 happen to be on the Wii U(only 4 of which were by Nintendo) Not like the 8 EA games I bought, and was completely dissatisfied with for various reasons (some of which I used to be a fan of the franchise till they seem to have had given them a full frontal lobotomy).

So anyways Nintendo is getting 3rd party games as people seem to forget indy developers ARE 3rd party the Wii U just is not getting the mindless cash grabs by the big 3rd parties which unfortunately people seem to lap up as they are told they should love it.