Let's Talk About Watch Dogs

#1QlJGamerPosted 3/6/2014 11:15:39 PM
Because it is being developed by a different studio then the other versions, that means the game will be different in some senses.Anyone play a Ubisoft Romania Game lately?

With the Wii U getting their own development teams, its like a good and bad thing. They could make a really good game but who to say Ubisoft is giving them enough support. 800 people who work at Ubisoft Romania

Ubisoft Montreal working on 5 different versions with 2,300+ people, so i guess the Wii U is getting the most attention. Plus they working on Rainbow 6 & Child of Light. so yeah

The Wii U version of Watch Dogs is going to be the best or the worst.
---
Quite Intelligent Judging
#2Kromlech06Posted 3/6/2014 11:43:32 PM(edited)
Generally, I like the idea of it but they have yet to show us what the game is really like, on any version. They just have that same scenario they keep showing us (and Jimmy Fallon) over and over.

I'd imagine after the first 100 times you withdraw from someone else's account to buy a new gun there must be something to do with it besides track down other criminals. They speak about a campaign but don't really offer any insight about it.

I'm overall optimistic about it, they just haven't shown us much yet over the 2+ (?) years since they've revealed it.

I doubt the differences between consoles will vary much more than anything expected like number of pedestrians active at once or traffic density, and the obvious res and FPS.

As for the WiiU version... it's much better that it gets its own team, I just hope Bucharest can pull it together. What projects have they been in charge of before? And for that matter, what they are going to do with the gamepad besides the map/inventory?

So many questions, not enough info (or hype) from ubisoft. They need to advertise it more like a hacking strategy game (which there are very few of) and less like a GTA sandbox clone, which it cannot compete against.
---
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957
#3Wiiplayer111Posted 3/6/2014 11:49:14 PM
It might have a great story. Before it was clear there was a next gen game and current gen game that looked like an early PS3 game. Now they show off one version that looks like a more polished PS3 game.

Ubisoft pretty much lied about how the game will look unless the recent trailer was last gen only. And you could chalk it up to tech demos but they kept that going right up to last release date.

TL:DR Who knows at this point how it'll perform?
---
Look at you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#4Kromlech06Posted 3/7/2014 12:07:07 AM(edited)
http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/6/5477236/watch-dogs-hands-on-video-interview-release-date

Interesting read/video here.

Completely addresses one of my concerns too, lol.
---
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957
#5ElectricMolePosted 3/9/2014 1:30:12 AM
https://twitter.com/Design_Cave/status/442124630392700928

What a great way to hype the game up. -_-
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188
#6Steven010702Posted 3/9/2014 3:58:12 AM
Hopefully it stays close to the same as the other versions. I remember that the Wii version of The Force Unleashed was radically different from the X360/PS3 versions. It wasn't bad, but it was like playing two different games with the same plot.
---
I lost the game!
#7JonbazookabozPosted 3/9/2014 4:08:09 AM
Well ubisoft romania done AC: black flag for ps3,4 and wii u- all the best versions imo.
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
#8robomagonPosted 3/9/2014 4:08:36 AM
Steven010702 posted...
Hopefully it stays close to the same as the other versions. I remember that the Wii version of The Force Unleashed was radically different from the X360/PS3 versions. It wasn't bad, but it was like playing two different games with the same plot.

The Wii/PS2/PSP version of TFU was developed by a completely different company than the PS3/360/PC version.
---
DO NOT WRITE BELOW THIS LINE
#9mcsmellingtonPosted 3/9/2014 4:16:17 AM
ElectricMole posted...
https://twitter.com/Design_Cave/status/442124630392700928

What a great way to hype the game up. -_-

Saw this earlier, just conviced me further that there's no reason to wait for the Wii U version.
---
GT: McPoo Friend Code: 0146-9590-6349
PSN/NNID: McSmellington
#10JonbazookabozPosted 3/9/2014 4:26:27 AM
I have a slight feeling Watch Dogs is gonna turn out to be a turd on all consoles anyway. That's another matter though
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"