What happens when MK and Smash don't sell enough systems?

#51TheLazyClownPosted 3/7/2014 2:43:50 PM
I have a feeling the Wii U will have 10 million sales all together by the end of Fiscal year 2015
---
I am the one who knocks! ~ Walter White
https://www.facebook.com/HipsterDrGero
#52n00bsaib0tPosted 3/7/2014 2:59:16 PM
TomoEK9 posted...
mcsmellington posted...
pikachupwnage posted...
,Wii_Used posted...
$199 bundled with MK8 or SSB would see a nice little sales spike. My re-purchase included. lol

Yeah because dropping a system that already sells for a loss(it sold for a small loss BEFORE the first price drop) in price and then smacking some of your best selling software in to boot won't do more harm then good. They would loss a s*** ton of money on each Wii U sold and not making nearly as much money on that software is a genuis idea.

Aren't MS doing the same with Titanfall?

Yes but their price drop isn't dramatic. Its just enough to cover the cost of Titanfall, so you are essentially just getting the game for free.

A Wii U a $199 with MK8 would be a free game and then some, on top of a price drop they already had.

Make it a temporary deal, or something like a free $100 on the eshop for registering your WiiU with MK8 on CN. There are ways. Most of the money spent from that would go to VC games and the like, which wouldn't be a huge loss but a huge reward to new customers.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#53cmincPosted 3/7/2014 7:49:20 PM
Hiten Mitsurugi S posted...
Kart will sell a lot of systems, but Smash is going to skyrocket the system far above the other two.

...wow.
---
MSI Z87-G45 | I7-4771 Turbo | GTX 770 4GB GDDR5 | Corsair HX 850W |
Kingston Hyper X 8GB DDR3 | Seagate 1TB 128 MB Cache HD | RS Challenger Case |
#54crucialPosted 3/8/2014 12:27:43 PM
Pre orders for Smash is 8X larger on 3DS and that is were that game will sell the most and MK8 will not move many units,the lack of 3rd party has all ready killed this console,the casuals out there who buy 1 console and PS3/360/PS4/X1 are all much better choices for them,I have had a Wii U for like 15 months now and have only 3 games for it,I have 8 games bought on my X1 all ready and 4 for my PS4.

Most people think here on Gfaqs that its all about console sales,Nin needs to sell this many to succeed but as with last gen MS has taught us that its all about Software sales not consoles sold,it does not matter how many consoles are out there if you sell more software,that is how these companys make money,you can sell 100 million Wii Us but sony and ms are going to kill it in software sales and that is what its about,1st party is no longer an issue just as long as you release a AAA game once a year and just let 3rd party take care of the rest.
#55MushroomMuncherPosted 3/8/2014 12:35:31 PM
crucial posted...
Pre orders for Smash is 8X larger on 3DS and that is were that game will sell the most and MK8 will not move many units,the lack of 3rd party has all ready killed this console,the casuals out there who buy 1 console and PS3/360/PS4/X1 are all much better choices for them,I have had a Wii U for like 15 months now and have only 3 games for it,I have 8 games bought on my X1 all ready and 4 for my PS4.

ITT: Sourcless claims.
---
I think bankruptcy might even be good for Sony.~ChA0TiCoNe
#56MushroomMuncherPosted 3/8/2014 12:39:12 PM
tErD_LiNk posted...
Lord_of_BeefDip posted...
Endgame posted...
the fanboys will just move the goalpost to Zelda

they will never acknowledge Wii U as a flop

It's really no different than what a lot of the trolls do. Moving the post down the field when something doesn't match what they predicted. Works both ways, not all the ignorance and hypocrisy spewed about here is from Nintendo fanboys.

I agree that it is doing piss poorly, and about fanboys in general being a pathetic lot. Other than that...

Except the only thing the so-called trolls have been wrong about so far is overestimating Wii U.

2 years ago, if you had predicted things like:
- selling worse than Gamecube
- third parties abandoning Wii U
- graphics mostly on-par or slightly worse than PS3
- NSMB and 3D Mario failing to move consoles
- game drought extending into its second year
- after it's poor first year, sales actually declining in its second year (remember all the "but PS2 outsold PS3 in its first year!" excuses?)

you would've been ridiculed and laughed off this board. The sad fact is that the Wii U is doing worse than even the biggest pessimists had predicted.

Which people are still doing to you now.

And I still don't see the 3DS cancelled, it's been 3 years.
---
I think bankruptcy might even be good for Sony.~ChA0TiCoNe