Is there a reason Nintendo doesnt market their systems as greatly as the other

#1RemixDeluxePosted 3/7/2014 3:53:02 PM
two do? (Microsoft and Sony)

Do they get by on name alone (or think they do)

It makes no sense to me to release a system with no games and no marketing and expect it to sell well.
---
It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power.
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#2SaltyBotzPosted 3/7/2014 4:14:11 PM
Nintendo is experiencing a "reality check" - and that reality is that the Nintendo brand can't sell itself anymore. They got cocky after the success of the Wii, which was a complete fluke, and they're figuring out that they overplayed their hand.

The reason for the Wii-U failing is nobodies fault but Nintendo's.

The old veterans of Nintendo like Iwata are still clinging onto the belief that the Nintendo brand can sell itself. I think they're in denial. Nintendo fans are also in denial. Mario Kart is pretty much the last straw they have.
#3cmincPosted 3/7/2014 7:43:08 PM
SaltyBotz posted...
Nintendo is experiencing a "reality check" - and that reality is that the Nintendo brand can't sell itself anymore. They got cocky after the success of the Wii, which was a complete fluke, and they're figuring out that they overplayed their hand.

The reason for the Wii-U failing is nobodies fault but Nintendo's.

The old veterans of Nintendo like Iwata are still clinging onto the belief that the Nintendo brand can sell itself. I think they're in denial. Nintendo fans are also in denial. Mario Kart is pretty much the last straw they have.

For as 100% spot on as this post is, theres also the facts that 1) theres nothing to advertise and 2) the best advertising on the planet cant make people want something theyre in no way interested in.
---
MSI Z87-G45 | I7-4771 Turbo | GTX 770 4GB GDDR5 | Corsair HX 850W |
Kingston Hyper X 8GB DDR3 | Seagate 1TB 128 MB Cache HD | RS Challenger Case |
#4QueskerPosted 3/7/2014 7:44:38 PM
They probably relied on Viral Marketing, i.e. fans to spread the news, and to say it backfired would be the understatement of last year.
---
7 is good. I swear the school's 75-100 grading scale has ruined peoples perception of things.
-MillionGunmannn
#5FayeLadyPosted 3/7/2014 7:45:07 PM
Until there are games of higher caliber out, they would be wasting their ad budget.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.