Looking for more party games: Wii Party U or Mario Party 9?

#1linkboy447Posted 3/8/2014 6:20:01 AM
I really want some more party games for my Wii U. I have NintendoLand (love it so much!), Mario 3D World, and NSMBU.

Which one should I get? Or any other suggestions? Wii U or Wii is fine
#2BlazikenitePosted 3/8/2014 6:53:24 AM
I've heard bad things about the changes in MP9. If you don't have MP8, it's on the Wii and a bit more traditional, if you will.
#3skaz9000Posted 3/8/2014 6:57:47 AM
I'd probably suggest Wii Party U over MP9. MP9 has lost all of its strategy on the board with the new method of moving all as a group. The minigames are pretty cool though, especially the "boss battles".

Wii Party U has a very large selection for whatever mood the crowd's in. Admittedly I haven't explored too many of the choices beyond our quickly-decided favorites though.
#4Steven010702Posted 3/8/2014 7:07:23 AM
Mario Party 9 is extremely luck based. The minigames are good, but they feel too and far in between since it's not a mini game after every turn. Wii Party U is pretty fun for the most part. There's more variety than Mario Party 9, but the minigames aren't as good. If you are looking for a good game with a bunch of friends, I might suggest Sonic All Stars Racing: Transformed.
---
I lost the game!
#5PedroMontanaPosted 3/8/2014 7:15:21 AM
Wii Party U is way better then MP9.

I usually prefer the MP games because of the charme, but 9 is really pretty weak, and Party U has a ton of contend.
---
No More Heroes
#6linkboy447(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2014 12:41:34 PM
Thanks guys! Looks like I'll go with Wii Party U. Comes with a wiimote plus too right? good deal.... just played the heck out of nintendoland lol
#7PedroMontanaPosted 3/9/2014 3:00:14 AM
Yes, at least here in Germany Wii Party U comes with a remote plus for the same price as a standalone game.

On a sidenote, i also strongly recommend Sonic Allstars Racing Transformed.

Depending on your tastes and the audience you're playing with, TANK! TANK! TANK! and Call of Duty Black Ops 2 are also good party games.

T!T!T!'s VS mode feels a lot like a better Mario Kart VS, and there are 3 little campaigns where you can fight giant monsters together.

Black Ops 2 offers 4 player splitscreen with bots and plenty of options to make the game more party friendly (turn off health regeneration, turn health to 200%, make seeing other players on the radar constant....).
---
No More Heroes