Recommendations for a New WiiU Owner

#1NintenbroPosted 3/8/2014 12:52:43 PM
I finally purchased a WiiU console. I have enough funds available on the eShop to download one retail WiiU game, or a few WiiUWare games. Do you guys have any recommendations? I received Wind Waker HD free with the console, and I've already downloaded MH3U (3DS) and Earthbound, for your information.
---
Follow me on MiiVerse.
NNID: NINTENBRO82
#2ZatchBellPosted 3/8/2014 12:55:28 PM
Super Mario 3d World is a must own. Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and Wonderful 101 are great games. Best to start with those titles.
---
Sega Fan for Life
#3terrancejonesPosted 3/8/2014 12:57:33 PM
Hmm... Super Mario 3D World was fun, for advanced players though, the best part is post game. DuckTales Remastered was a good one as well! It's an NES remake though, so be wary about length.
---
Every console has a game worth playing to me, like for example, the Xbox 360 has Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts.
#4Plasma EXEPosted 3/8/2014 12:58:41 PM(edited)
Wonderful 101 is great and it's price has dropped considerably to $23 (on Amazon at least), probably everywhere else too.
---
The official Shiki-Ouji of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
3DS FC - 2750-1413-5336. Friend Safari: Tyogre/Sawk/Meditite
#5BladescorpionPosted 3/8/2014 1:01:24 PM(edited)
Mario 3d world, dk, new super Mario Wii u. Luigi u.
---
Forgive spelling issues.
#6amadeofan1Posted 3/8/2014 1:03:01 PM
Try the demo for W101 before buying it. Most people praise it but I personally couldn't get into it. Don't dive in on praise alone.
---
I got in trouble on Gamefaqs for the word "cracker". It was bad enough to put me on probation
#7terrancejonesPosted 3/8/2014 1:04:58 PM
Wait, there's a demo for W101? Guess I'll have to give that a try. Makes me wonder if there's one for DK Tropical Freeze.
---
Every console has a game worth playing to me, like for example, the Xbox 360 has Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts.
#8Dark_guyverPosted 3/8/2014 1:07:58 PM
Donkey Kong Country: TF
SM3DW
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
And don't forget about the VC games for WiiU also. A lot of good retro games on there
---
NNID: deadly_force_01
#9NikraPosted 3/8/2014 1:19:46 PM
If you really want Nintendo to develop some class A games, then stay the hell away from their worthless side scrolling games: They (Nintendo) are bombarding us with those cheap games.
#10Nintenbro(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2014 1:31:57 PM
Thanks for the recommendations guys. I still have the majority of Super Mario Galaxy left to play through, and SMG2 is still wrapped in the cellophane. I'm definitely going to download SM3DW eventually, but I'm not really in any hurry to do so. I didn't enjoy DKCR, because the gameplay strayed too far from what made the original series so awesome. I didn't even enjoy the game enough to progress past the first area. Which is kind of strange, because I absolutely loved the original SNES game.

Does anyone have any other recommendations?
---
Follow me on MiiVerse.
NNID: NINTENBRO82