Do you think Nintendo is capable of prodcing something like TLOU?

#1TrueBlue91Posted 3/8/2014 2:51:53 PM(edited)
I think their teams possibly could do it, since they're quite competent, but I don't think Nintendo would ever allow the sufficient budget to make it happen. Much easier to simply spend under $10M and slap Mario onto the cover instead.

EDIT - "producing". Lol.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
"This isn't even apples to oranges. More like toast to bears." - Bloodychess
#2Demon_AckerPosted 3/8/2014 2:51:21 PM
Subtle!
I feel like I saw this topic before though...
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZNPzaVy.jpg
#3TransdudePosted 3/8/2014 2:52:33 PM
Can they do it, yes. Will they, we don't know.
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS FC: 2750-1600-2747 | Origin ID, NNID, & Live GT: Transdude1996
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996
#4dancing_cactuarPosted 3/8/2014 2:53:20 PM
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/604/074/cc0.jpg
---
I am pro Nintendo on the Nintendo board, so I am not a troll. - Greer
How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real- Jaden Smith
#5Tails555Posted 3/8/2014 3:00:00 PM
I'm gonna summarize how this topic is gonna go down.

I'm going to mention X.

Someone (probably Lefty or TC) will show up and say that X doesn't count because it's Monolith Soft.

I or someone else (probably squatch) will mention that Nintendo does, in fact, own Monolith Soft.

Then that same person will move the goalposts to EAD only because it makes them "right".

No one will be able to come up with an EAD game that fits that criteria.

EAD only guy lols about being "right" and that he "pwned" the "Nintendrones", even though he was already proven wrong.

Topic gets buried.

Two more take its place.

Does this sound about right?
#6TrueBlue91(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2014 3:02:13 PM
Tails555 posted...

I'm going to mention X.

Someone (probably Lefty or TC) will show up and say that X doesn't count because it's Monolith Soft.

I or someone else (probably squatch) will mention that Nintendo does, in fact, own Monolith Soft.

Then that same person will move the goalposts to EAD only because it makes them "right".

EAD only guy lols about being "right" and that he "pwned" the "Nintendrones", even though he was already proven wrong.

Topic gets buried.

Two more take its place.

Are you blind?
I said "something like TLOU". Try again.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
"This isn't even apples to oranges. More like toast to bears." - Bloodychess
#7Tails555Posted 3/8/2014 3:05:21 PM
TrueBlue91 posted...
Tails555 posted...

I'm going to mention X.

Topic gets buried.

Two more take its place.

Are you blind?

What do you mean "Like TLOU"? Do you mean a game with an expansive setting and an emphasized story line? Or do you mean a game in which you shoot zombies?
#8LinetrixPosted 3/8/2014 3:12:21 PM
Tails555 posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...
Tails555 posted...

I'm going to mention X.

Topic gets buried.

Two more take its place.

Are you blind?

What do you mean "Like TLOU"? Do you mean a game with an expansive setting and an emphasized story line? Or do you mean a game in which you shoot zombies?

Funny because most of the enemies you fight are humans. You have to deal with "zombies" a limited number of times in the game. And the game emphasizes a stealth approach in every situation rather than go in with guns blazing.
---
Accusing others of making death threats isn't offensive. Accusing someone of doing 9/11 is because it was in America. - GameFAQs admin
#940DribylfPosted 3/8/2014 3:15:16 PM
This topic pops up every month, I swear
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#10userfrigginamePosted 3/8/2014 3:23:12 PM
Nintendo (Iwata) has said that they're solely interested in making games, not games with stories, narratives, or a strong script. I don't think we'll see anything like The Last of Us from Nintendo. What we will continue to see from Nintendo are games that focus on gameplay, and not games that tread water into a storytelling medium.