Do you think Nintendo is capable of prodcing something like TLOU?

#281Mandrew257Posted 3/10/2014 1:21:18 AM
Pop_Secret posted...
retrogoods posted...
Pop_Secret posted...
Ryan Si posted...
That's pretty much why Playstation is the most well-rounded brand...great third-party support and Sony is always pushing new and varied IPs, retail or digital...Nintendo could learn a thing or two.

But lately all Playstation has had are generic western trite such as The Last of Us. New IPs? You mean more 10 hour shallow hallway pewpew QTE simulators?

Now you're just coming off as a Nintendrone. There's more to PlayStation than what you mention. I guess that's what happens when you get stuck with only Mario, Zelda, and whatever RPGs are made for the Wii U.

The last games I acquired are: Tales of Symphonia HD, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Star Ocean The Last Hope International, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Dragon's Crown, and 3D Dot Game Heroes. All of which have a great deal of variety and not Playstation exclusives.

So, not sure where your Nintendrone comment towards me comes from.

I just love great games, and Nintendo makes great games, GAMES, first and foremost, GAMES! Not interactive movies, not pewpew shooter QTE simulators, GAMES!

So, since i showed you that I am not a Nintendrone, are you going to say that I am a good game drone, or what?

So please go, do tell me what more there is to Playstation. Please go on and tell us what more there is to Playstation. Do it, come on. We're waiting.

Im going to have to agree with this. Their first party games(not exclusives) weren't all that great.

PS3: http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/poltergeist13/lists/first-party-games-released-on-ps3/85200/

Wii: http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/poltergeist13/lists/first-party-games-released-on-wii/85299/
---
FOOLISH YOUTH...the soil knows all - Rolf
PSN/NNID: Mandrew257
#282mcsmellingtonPosted 3/10/2014 1:40:34 AM
ReyMilansteryo posted...
dancing_cactuar posted...
brolynick posted...
Guys, don't take Pop_Secret seriously. He's had over 10 banned accounts now and does this every day on the PS3 board.

He keeps calling stuff like Uncharted and The Last Of Us interactive QTE pewpew linear corridor shooters or whatever stupid term, right? He freaking PLATINUMED all 3 Uncharted games. He spent tens of hours in every single Uncharted game to get meaningless trophies, then goes on a message board posting about how they have crappy gameplay. If that isn't the definition of hypocrisy then I don't know what is.

Wait a minute... new user... lumps all shooters under one banner... Japan is far superior to us 'muricans... SM3DW is a port of 3D land...

this is greer, isn't it.

Someone mention the newest Devil May Cry game so we can be sure.
---
GT: McPoo Friend Code: 0146-9590-6349
PSN/NNID: McSmellington
#283Mandrew257Posted 3/10/2014 2:04:10 AM(edited)
Linetrix posted...
Demon_Acker posted...
retrogoods posted...
Linetrix posted...
Pop_Secret posted...
I just love great games, and Nintendo makes great games, GAMES, first and foremost, GAMES! Not interactive movies, not pewpew shooter QTE simulators, GAMES!

Besides Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls what other games are interactive movies?

Oh, by the way. Nintendo doesn't make games. They rehash 25+ year old platformers.

I'm seeing arrogance in Pop_Secret.

Since I'll answer his stupid question, here it is. I'll name franchises and games that have not gone 3rd party since 1995 along with current and dead/finished franchsies. MLB The Show, Gran Turismo, Medievil, Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper, Twisted Metal, Syphon Filter, God of War, Jumping Flash, Motor Toon Grand Prix, Bust a Groove, MotorStorm, Ape Escape, Cool Boarders, Hot Shots Golf, Jet Moto, ATV series, Socom series, Ratchet and Clank, Parappa the Rapper, and Little Big Planet. There's others but, I'll leave it like this.

Tell me when Nintendo makes more variety than platformer, racing, and fighting.

They make the Mario sports series, Fire Emblem and Advance Wars (SRPG), Mario RPGs, Xenoblade, Rhythm Heaven (rhythm, obviously lol)

So...yeah

Sports, Strategy, RPG, RPG, RPG, Rhythm. Such variety...

Mario Sports games(which are usually better than actual sports games)/Mario Sports Mix/Mario Strikers: Sports
Metroid Prime/Star Fox Assault: Shooter/Adventure
Mario Party/Nintendo Land/Fortune Street: Party
Pikmin series/Battallion Wars: Strategy/Action
Zelda/Endless Ocean: Adventure
Big Brain Academy/Brain Age: Puzzle
Wii Fit: fitness
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat: Rhythm/Platformer
Animal Crossing series: Community sim
Sin and Punishment/Star Fox/Kid Icarus: On rail shooter
Eternal Darkness/Fatal Frame: Survival Horror
Nintendogs/Cats series: Pet raising sim
Pilotwings Resort: Flight sim
Hyrule Warriors: Hack N Slash
Pokemon series/Xenoblade/X: RPG
Punchout/Smash Bros: Fighting
Hope that's enough variety for you ;)
---
FOOLISH YOUTH...the soil knows all - Rolf
PSN/NNID: Mandrew257
#284Lefty128kPosted 3/10/2014 2:03:07 AM
Lefty128k posted...
Tails555 posted...
X has all of those things. Zelda U will likely have at least two of those things.

You were proven wrong before you even posted.

X is an FF rip-off + mechs. The guy is wearing Clouds outfit, sword, and Squalls haircut. He lives in a circular walled city with a giant tower in the middle just like Midgard and Shinra tower (it's even cylindrical with an overhang on top), and the grasslands are a dead ringer for Gran Pulse.

So if that's your argument, then your argument is Nintendo can only pull any of that off by blatantly copying Square. It's not the first time, the Paper RPG's stole virtually all the combat mechanics from Seven-Stars which was developed by Squaresoft.

It does beg the question, why can't they blatantly copy Squares HD-graphic skills as well?
"Please understand, HD is hard."

In any case, it proves my point. Nintendo can't self-generate games like these, they rehash or copy.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/548/129/538.jpg

Lefty, I can say without any doubt at all, this is the absolute worst post you've ever had on this website, and that's an achievement I didn't think was possible due to your attitude in some other topics. Let's break it down.
1: Monolith Soft was founded by former Square people that, to my knowledge, still spearhead the projects there, thus explaining stylistic similarities.
2. Big swords, black clothes, and specific haircuts are apparently now copyright of Square Enix, and are definitely not things commonly used in other media sources. Also, it doesn't look like Cloud's sword. Know your blades.
3. Attack on Titan is now a copy of FF7 because the setting is in a giant walled area with a castle at the absolute center of it all. Extremely open plains are now ripping off of Square and not things that exist in real life or in other games.
4. Buildings with cylindrical overhands on top are now fictional and are not things that exist in almost every major city.

1) Yes, stealing the style of their former employee. Pathetic really.

2) Cloud had multiple blades. You sure you played FF7?

3) You just admitted that there were similarities due to the employees being ex-Square, now you're surprised I would draw comparison. Are you admitting "stylistic similarities" or not?

4) Flail around more and see replies 1 and 3.
#285HermeticJusticePosted 3/10/2014 2:08:04 AM
Lefty128k posted...
Lefty128k posted...
Tails555 posted...
X has all of those things. Zelda U will likely have at least two of those things.

You were proven wrong before you even posted.

X is an FF rip-off + mechs. The guy is wearing Clouds outfit, sword, and Squalls haircut. He lives in a circular walled city with a giant tower in the middle just like Midgard and Shinra tower (it's even cylindrical with an overhang on top), and the grasslands are a dead ringer for Gran Pulse.

So if that's your argument, then your argument is Nintendo can only pull any of that off by blatantly copying Square. It's not the first time, the Paper RPG's stole virtually all the combat mechanics from Seven-Stars which was developed by Squaresoft.

It does beg the question, why can't they blatantly copy Squares HD-graphic skills as well?
"Please understand, HD is hard."

In any case, it proves my point. Nintendo can't self-generate games like these, they rehash or copy.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/548/129/538.jpg

Lefty, I can say without any doubt at all, this is the absolute worst post you've ever had on this website, and that's an achievement I didn't think was possible due to your attitude in some other topics. Let's break it down.
1: Monolith Soft was founded by former Square people that, to my knowledge, still spearhead the projects there, thus explaining stylistic similarities.
2. Big swords, black clothes, and specific haircuts are apparently now copyright of Square Enix, and are definitely not things commonly used in other media sources. Also, it doesn't look like Cloud's sword. Know your blades.
3. Attack on Titan is now a copy of FF7 because the setting is in a giant walled area with a castle at the absolute center of it all. Extremely open plains are now ripping off of Square and not things that exist in real life or in other games.
4. Buildings with cylindrical overhands on top are now fictional and are not things that exist in almost every major city.

1) Yes, stealing the style of their former employee. Pathetic really.

2) Cloud had multiple blades. You sure you played FF7?

3) You just admitted that there were similarities due to the employees being ex-Square, now you're surprised I would draw comparison. Are you admitting "stylistic similarities" or not?

4) Flail around more and see replies 1 and 3.

@ #2
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Final_Fantasy_VII_Weapons#Cloud.27s_Broadswords
---
I'm not changing this signature until more information about Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem is announced - Started: 23 January, 2013
#286Lefty128kPosted 3/10/2014 2:40:51 AM
HermeticJustice posted...
@ #2
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Final_Fantasy_VII_Weapons#Cloud.27s_Broadswords

If the sword is not EXACTLY like any of Cloud's swords then it's somehow not a rip-off?

LOL, that's just a rationalization.

It's all obviously 'inspired' (lol) by FF and there's little to no original concepts in there.
#287jwillennPosted 3/10/2014 5:48:49 AM
easily

Disaster: Day of Crisis 2 with X's budget...
#288omniryuPosted 3/10/2014 11:32:04 AM
Pop_Secret posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...
Lmao at TLOU hate. Why are fanboys so damn bitter?

Because generic western trite is ruining video games. if you want your video game to be more like a movie, why don't you go watch a movie instead? What is so good about TLoU? It's story is generic trite and its gameplay is also shallow generic trite with mediocre QTE cinematic driven linearity.

I'm going to make a thread about this "western trite"
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#289GoombacrusherPosted 3/10/2014 12:05:41 PM
No, they aren't. Nintendo is good at making games, not movies.
---
kawaii!
#290TrueBlue91(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2014 12:11:36 PM
Goombacrusher posted...
No, they aren't. Nintendo is good at making games, not movies.

Lol, no matter how much you say it, it's not going to become true.

"I'm rich. I'm rich. I'm rich. I'm rich." Am I rich yet?
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
"This isn't even apples to oranges. More like toast to bears." - Bloodychess